Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
personal responsibility
The saddest part of this loss is that some people including players, fans and the head coach are not taking responsibility for the loss or are blaming others. Coach’s players and fans are still talking about Joey Porter being on the field. I agreed that he should not have been on the field but if the Bengals players stayed poised and did nothing it would have been a non issue. After we won are 1st playoff game in 25 years we could have said after o by the way Joey Porter should not have been on the filed can the league look into this ? After the win Marvin and the players in there press conference could have said it didn’t effect us having him on the field because we are a mature team that keep its cool under pressure which championship teams do. Peko a "team caption "stated today they “we still couldn’t beat the Bengals cruse" So did the cruse cause you to run off the bench and shove a Steelers player after we sacked big Ben on 3rd down ? That foul gave them an automatic first down? Marvin Lewis in his press conference took no responsibility for his players being out of control and even back them up. Pacman still hasn’t taken responsibility and posted that ridiculous triad on social media ,blamed the refs and everybody but himself.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 11:36 AM)lone bengal Wrote: The saddest part of this loss is that some people including players, fans and the head coach are not taking responsibility for the loss or are blaming others. Coach’s players and fans are still talking about Joey Porter being on the field.  I agreed that he should not have been on the field but if the Bengals players stayed poised and did nothing it would have been a non issue.  After we won are 1st playoff game in 25 years we could have said after o by the way Joey Porter should not have been on the filed can the league look into this ? After the win Marvin and the players in there press conference could have said it didn’t effect us having him on the field because we are a mature team that keep its cool under pressure which championship teams do.  Peko a "team caption "stated today they “we still couldn’t beat the Bengals cruse" So did the cruse cause you to run off the bench and shove a Steelers player after we sacked big Ben on 3rd down ? That foul gave them an automatic first down?  Marvin Lewis in his press conference took no responsibility  for his players being out of control and even back them up.  Pacman still hasn’t taken responsibility and posted that ridiculous triad on social media ,blamed the refs and everybody but himself.

This is Pacman's MO. I'll defend Burfict, but not Jones. I mean, the guy said an actor should win a Grammy... he just ain't bright.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 11:36 AM)lone bengal Wrote: The saddest part of this loss is that some people including players, fans and the head coach are not taking responsibility for the loss or are blaming others. Coach’s players and fans are still talking about Joey Porter being on the field.  I agreed that he should not have been on the field but if the Bengals players stayed poised and did nothing it would have been a non issue.  After we won are 1st playoff game in 25 years we could have said after o by the way Joey Porter should not have been on the filed can the league look into this ? After the win Marvin and the players in there press conference could have said it didn’t effect us having him on the field because we are a mature team that keep its cool under pressure which championship teams do.  Peko a "team caption "stated today they “we still couldn’t beat the Bengals cruse" So did the cruse cause you to run off the bench and shove a Steelers player after we sacked big Ben on 3rd down ? That foul gave them an automatic first down?  Marvin Lewis in his press conference took no responsibility  for his players being out of control and even back them up.  Pacman still hasn’t taken responsibility and posted that ridiculous triad on social media ,blamed the refs and everybody but himself.

That's not entirely correct. There was one that did ...... the one who's error started this whole fiasco ............ Jeremy Hill!
Reply/Quote

What's done is done.  Move on.  Tell me how apologies change anything and I'll say you have a point.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 11:42 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: That's not entirely correct. There was one that did ...... the one who's error started this whole fiasco ............ Jeremy Hill!

True I and I respect him for being a man and doing so I wish his head coach would do the same  
Reply/Quote
Well you can't expect the media to criticize the Steelers for anything if Bengals fans won't even. It is what it is. The national narrative spread, and the Bengals lost the propaganda war even within the jungle. A complete meltdown, one likely to be felt for decades (narratives take a long time to go away, remember how long it took to break away from the Bengals criminal jokes....how long will NE be deemed cheaters......and this one sounds like it's set in deep).

Overall a horrific end to the season. We've been set back to 2003 as it relates to being a credible organization in the media and clearly some fans eyes.

Fans need to realize the severity of the attack this franchise and our players are under before they pile on. A generation may have been lost after Saturday night. And instead of realizing the narrative was growing into what will go down as the toughest lost under MB ownership (there was no hope in the lost era, there was hope Sat) unknowingly some Bengals fans have added to the hysteria.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

And the Steelers game a game ball to Porter I heard.. Nothing out of them for taking responsibility of actions by Coaches that is actually worse than Players when you look at the organization level of the game.  The Refs are not taking responsibility either for blowing the call on Porter, he violated the rule book and they did nothing.  
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 11:36 AM)lone bengal Wrote: The saddest part of this loss is that some people including players, fans and the head coach are not taking responsibility for the loss or are blaming others. Coach’s players and fans are still talking about Joey Porter being on the field. I agreed that he should not have been on the field but if the Bengals players stayed poised and did nothing it would have been a non issue. After we won are 1st playoff game in 25 years we could have said after o by the way Joey Porter should not have been on the filed can the league look into this ? After the win Marvin and the players in there press conference could have said it didn’t effect us having him on the field because we are a mature team that keep its cool under pressure which championship teams do. Peko a "team caption "stated today they “we still couldn’t beat the Bengals cruse" So did the cruse cause you to run off the bench and shove a Steelers player after we sacked big Ben on 3rd down ? That foul gave them an automatic first down? Marvin Lewis in his press conference took no responsibility for his players being out of control and even back them up. Pacman still hasn’t taken responsibility and posted that ridiculous triad on social media ,blamed the refs and everybody but himself.

Pacman did nothing Wrong.

but i agree with personal responsibility any fan that threw trash onto the field saturday night should turn in their jersey and be permenately banned from all 32 stadiums.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Pacman did nothing Wrong.

Yes, he did. He pushed an official. He might have meant to push Porter.... in which case he still initiated physical contact. How is that NOT doing something wrong?

Even if you think it was justified, it was completely boneheaded.
Then he went on twitter and cussed out the officials... also boneheaded. Then he went on a show and claimed he knew Brown was faking and added that Brown "winked at him".

He's done plenty wrong, and that's just in this game.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:21 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: T
And the Steelers game a game ball to Porter I heard.. Nothing out of them for taking responsibility of actions by Coaches that is actually worse than Players when you look at the organization level of the game.  The Refs are not taking responsibility either for blowing the call on Porter, he violated the rule book and they did nothing.  
My major point was this team is immature and they have nobody to blame but themselves. If they did nothing when porter came onto the filed this wouldn't even be that big of An issue we would be focused on beating New England.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:26 PM)Gwillednt Wrote: Yes, he did. He pushed an official. He might have meant to push Porter.... in which case he still initiated physical contact. How is that NOT doing something wrong?

Even if you think it was justified, it was completely boneheaded.
Then he went on twitter and cussed out the officials... also boneheaded. Then he went on a show and claimed he knew Brown was faking and added that Brown "winked at him".

He's done plenty wrong, and that's just in this game.

Watch that replay again.  He runs up to the crowd surrounding Porter and bumps the ref from behind.  He doesn't push him.  A push involves extending your arms.  He was going after Porter and the ref got in the way.  Players have contacted officials before in on the field scuffles and have not been penalized.  That was ticky tack and a garbage call at the end of a playoff game.

If you want to penalize Jones for his part in an on-field scuffle, then fine, but you can't give the other team a free pass.  Whitworth was quoted saying Porter was m'fing everybody last game, what do you think he was saying this time?  "Good game?"  The fact the officials allowed it to happen and then only penalized us for what was both parties' fault is a travesty.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:37 PM)lone bengal Wrote: My major point was this team is immature and they have nobody to blame but themselves. If they did nothing when porter came onto the filed this wouldn't even be that big of An issue we would be focused on beating New England.

You mean to tell me a Captain of our defense running out on the field with a cape type thing to push another player is immature?  Rock On
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
What the hell was Peko doing?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 03:14 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: What the hell was Peko doing?

As shocking as the end of the game was I am actually more surprised by what Peko did.

It just seems so out of character for him.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 03:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: As shocking as the end of the game was I am actually more surprised by what Peko did.

It just seems so out of character for him.

This from Bengals.com

Quote:Peko also had an uncharacteristic unsportsmanlike penalty call early in the game when he was called for coming off the bench in a poncho and yelling at a Steeler. He said that’s because running back Fitzgerald Toussaint was yelling at the Bengals bench and Peko was telling him to go back to his bench.

“But I forgot I had my cape on,” Peko said.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:37 PM)lone bengal Wrote: My major point was this team is immature and they have nobody to blame but themselves. If they did nothing when porter came onto the filed this wouldn't even be that big of An issue we would be focused on beating New England.

So, it turns out the ability to stand up to the Russians AND the ability to walk away and stay cool didn't show up all at once. 

So, the standing up comes first and the walking away comes next.

Have a bunch of guys try to maim and/or incite you for three hours and see how long it takes your cork to pop.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote