3.  Kenneth Murray
4.  Zach Baun
5.  Kyle Dugger
6.  Antoine Winfield jr.
7.  Lloyd Cushenberry
8.  John Simpson
9.  Ross Blacklock
10.  Chase Claypool

So these are guys who I feel may be available within our range depending on how the draft falls,  how does your big board look for 33.  Please avoid picking people considered top 15 picks lmao.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 03:32 PM)Okeana Wrote: 1.  Patrick Queen
2.  Denzel Mims
3.  Kenneth Murray
4.  Zach Baun
5.  Kyle Dugger
6.  Antoine Winfield jr.
7.  Lloyd Cushenberry
8.  John Simpson
9.  Ross Blacklock
10.  Chase Claypool

So these are guys who I feel may be available within our range depending on how the draft falls,  how does your big board look for 33.  Please avoid picking people considered top 15 picks lmao.

I think Cleveland and Josh Jones may be there.  But out of your list, I think Mims is hard to pass for me personally.  But if I would guess on what the Bengals will do?  Queen for the Queen City.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My Board is simple.. pick any of the 3 LBs Queen, Murray or Baun.. if they are gone pick BPA out of offensive line, WR or TE
Reply/Quote
1 Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma.
2 Patrick Queen, LB, LSU.
3 Zack Baun EDGE Wisconsin
4 Malik Harrison LB Ohio State
5 Grant Delpit S LSU
6 Lyviska Shenault WR Colorado
7 Justin Jefferson  WR LSU
8 Denzel Mims WR Baylor
9 Josh Jones OT Houston
10 Isaiah Wilson, OT, Georgia.

We really need LBs, so 1-4 are all LBs. Yes, I would reach for Harrison. Or trade back a bit for him, but I'd take him at 33 if I had to. If we draft an outside guy, I'd take Jordan Brooks in the wth if he's still there.

In a round about way, drafting Delpit would help our LB situation in terms of moving Shawn Williams into more of an OLB

Shenault , Jefferson & Mims are my top WRs who might fall to 33. If none of them are there, I move to OT, even though it looks like Bobby Hart and Fred Johnson will be fighting for the RT spot.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I may be reaching a bit farther up the tree into "top 15 pick" territory than some, but you never know what'll happen on draft day.  A run on QBs or any position could very well send an unforeseen player into the second round.

1.  Javon Kinlaw
2.  Andrew Thomas
3.  Lucas Niang
4.  AJ Epenesa
5.  Kenneth Murray
6.  Tee Higgins
7.  CJ Henderson
8.  Justin Jefferson
9.  Neville Gallimore
10.  Cesar Ruiz
11.  Trevon Diggs
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 04:14 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I may be reaching a bit farther up the tree into "top 15 pick" territory than some, but you never know what'll happen on draft day.  A run on QBs or any position could very well send an unforeseen player into the second round.

1.  Javon Kinlaw
2.  Andrew Thomas
3.  Lucas Niang
4.  AJ Epenesa
5.  Kenneth Murray
6.  Tee Higgins
7.  CJ Henderson
8.  Justin Jefferson
9.  Neville Gallimore
10.  Cesar Ruiz
11.  Trevon Diggs

I’d say. Lol

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 04:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d say. Lol

The year that Dennard fell, people were saying that he was a top 10 pick and that there was no way in hell that he'd ever fall to a playoff team.  Pre-draft wisdom doesn't always hold true.  Don't be shocked if or when one of the "top players" makes it to 33; or if they keep falling.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 05:02 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote:
The year that Dennard fell, people were saying that he was a top 10 pick and that there was no way in hell that he'd ever fall to a playoff team.
  Pre-draft wisdom doesn't always hold true.  Don't be shocked if or when one of the "top players" makes it to 33; or if they keep falling.

People often wonder why highly rated prospects often "fall" on draft day.  The reason Dennard fell was simple, his skills as a boundary corner were very limited.  I remember him quite well from his playing days at Michigan St., he was basically a one-trick pony.  He used his body to force the receivers into the sideline, and never looked for the ball.  In the NFL, that draws an almost automatic DPI.  With his limited height and length, he was simply outmatched when going up against taller WRs.

So, just like so many times before, the Marvin Lewis Bengals automatically jumped on the fool's gold that was the Darqueze Dennard pick.  Now look at him, cut from the Bengals, and having to sign a bottom of the roster type deal with the Jags.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
For me at #33 I would pick one of these guys if they were available: no order

1) Kenneth Murray-LB

2) Patrick Queen- LB

3) Denzel Mims-WR

4) Grant Delpit-S

5) Zach Baun-LB

6) Justin Jefferson-WR

7) Josh Jones-OT

8) Isaiah Wilson-OT

9) Tee Higgins-WR

10) Lucas Niang-OT

-I would be happy with any of them, but I would prefer LB. here's my top 3;

1) Kenneth Murray
2) Zach Baun
3) Josh Jones
Reply/Quote
1. Kenneth Murray, OLB, Oklahoma

2. Patrick Queen, OLB, LSU

3. Josh Jones, OT, Houston

4. Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson

5. Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU

6. Cesar Ruiz C/G Michigan

7. Zach Baun LB/Edge Wisconsin

8. Denzel Mims WR Baylor

9. Laviska Shanault Jr., WR, Colorado

10. Lloyd Cushenberry C/G LSU

11. Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama

12. Jalen Reagor WR TCU

13. Grant Delpit, S, LSU

14. Lucas Niang OT TCU

15. Austin Jackson OT USC

Right around 9 or 10 is when I seriously consider trading down.
Reply/Quote
Mckinney 
Queen 
Delpit 
Jefferson 
Mims 
Braun 
Reply/Quote
1 - Josh Jones OT Houston
2 - Zach Baun LB Wisconsin
3 - Kenneth Murray LB Oklahoma
4 - Patrick Queen LB LSU
5 - Tee Higgins WR Clemson
6 - Grant Delpit S LSU (fell on my board after we got Vonn Bell)
7 - Denzel Mims WR Baylor
8 - Isaiah Wilson OT Georgia
9 - Jalen Reagor WR TCU
10 - Justin Jefferson WR LSU
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 08:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: My Board is simple.. pick any of the 3 LBs Queen, Murray or Baun.. if they are gone pick BPA out of offensive line, WR or TE

You are perfect and I like Patrick Queen for the Queen City,but would enjoy having Murray or Baun and like you have said if these men are gone,lets go BPA AND I believe that is actually what they will do.Our team needs two linebackers and a top edge rusher and if available the top wide receivers will be ours.And I believe if John Ross does not get it together being a 1st round pick and to date he is awlful for a 1st rounder,I believe we will take Jefferson,Joe Burrows team mate and John Ross will be trade bait. Just my thoughts,nothing more.
Reply/Quote
1. Kenneth Murray
2. Josh Jones
3. Patrick Queen
4. Justin Jefferson
5. Denzel Mim’s
6. Zach Baun
7. Grant Delpit
8. Xavier Mckinney
9. Austin Jackson
10. Cesar Ruiz
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 07:05 PM)Burreaux Wrote: 1. Kenneth Murray
2. Josh Jones
3. Patrick Queen
4. Justin Jefferson
5. Denzel Mim’s
6. Zach Baun
7. Grant Delpit
8. Xavier Mckinney
9. Austin Jackson
10. Cesar Ruiz

You watch a lot of LSU games correct? 

Tell me why Queen all of a sudden went from a 6th or 7th rounder to better than Delpit in one year?

I don't even have Queen on my big board, think he is a project with a lack of production.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 07:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You watch a lot of LSU games correct? 

Tell me why Queen all of a sudden went from a 6th or 7th rounder to better than Delpit in one year?

I don't even have Queen on my big board, think he is a project with a lack of production.

Gonna find put soon if teams think like that or teams think he can be a 3 town linebacker with a bit of experience. He goes as high as 18, and I never see him in the 2nd anymore using TDN or fanspeak.
Reply/Quote
I think it'd be hard to turn down Baun, especially if we're committing to the hybrid scheme long term. Can never have too many guys that can pass rush and cover and Lawson has yet to prove he can make it through a full season.

My other choices would be Josh Jones, Xavier McKinney, and Grant Delpit. If any of those 3 slip it would be EXCELLENT value at 33. Kyle Dugger would be a slight reach, but I think he'll go higher than some people expect so maybe not.

I wouldn't hate Queen at 33, but I think we should avoid Kenneth Murray. I saw someone say he is similar to Malik Jefferson. Not that he struggles to diagnose the play but you rarely saw him get physical and he was never asked to do much in coverage. Our LBs finally received some decent coaching last season but I still wouldn't want to bet on our coaching staff turning Kenneth Murray into an all-pro.

I think in a scenario where Josh Jones, all of the LBs and WRs (Mims, Jefferson, Higgins) are gone, we then trade down. I can see our board at this point being:

Erza Cleveland
Jeff Gladney
Lucas Niang
Tyler Biadasz
Mailk Harrison
Netane Muti

Give me Gladney or Biadasz if the board shakes out like this.
Reply/Quote
We gotta take Queen if he's there but if not we will have to settle with Murray.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 07:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You watch a lot of LSU games correct? 

Well at start of college season, I saw projections of Burrow going 2nd to 4th round... and now is #1 pick.. Queen moved up the board as the college season went on.. by Dec.. he was being talked as top 3/4 LBs
Reply/Quote

I know he's near the top of my Board, but your question is legit. For me, its was a combination of reading the draft "experts" profiles on him and various film (not just highlights). For example, Crabbs on TDN:

Quote:Summary - Patrick Queen projects well as a starting linebacker in the NFL — he's got the sideline to sideline range to step into a MIKE role and has the impact in pass coverage to serve as a three down linebacker — a critical blend that should significantly help boost his value. Queen isn't a thud linebacker and excels most when he's afforded free range to scrape and flow, but his football IQ does allow him to beat blockers to the spot. He's an impact starter and a viable plug and play rookie.  

Or Marino on TDN:

Quote:Patrick Queen has every trait needed to become an every down defensive playmaker at the next level. He’s athletic, fluid, physical, urgent and intelligent. More experience would be ideal, but Queen shined in the biggest moments of LSU’s Championship run, showcasing the skill set of a second level enforcer. Queen doesn’t have much in the way of restrictions, showcasing the reactive athleticism and movement skills needed to work sideline to sideline and thrive in pass coverage. While he may need some time to acclimate to the next level, Queen profiles as dynamic starter at MIKE or WILL in a 4-3 alignment that never comes off the field in sub packages. 

That's it for me. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote