Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
pick 33 big board
(03-22-2020, 10:18 PM)Burreaux Wrote: Yea I agree. Baun is more of a Edge than a ILB though. I’d be happy with him at 33 if Queen and Murray is already taken or they sign someone in free agency. It’s going to be a exciting draft night regardless.

Let’s say Murray, Queen, Baun, and Josh Jones is there at 33. Who do you take?

For me it is still Baun.. i just think he comes from a better LB system and he is the most disciplined and what a motor.. reminds me a bit of TJ Watt
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Looks like there might be a good selection of LBs at #33. This year the LB prospects are pretty deep.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2020-nfl-draft-position-rankings-linebackers
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 06:39 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Looks like there might be a good selection of LBs at #33. This year the LB prospects are pretty deep.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2020-nfl-draft-position-rankings-linebackers

Ya gotta love the coverage numbers for Baun.  I remain hopeful that I live long enough to see a Bengals defense be able to cover a TE or a RB.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 10:03 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: I'm actually more scared by both guard spots than RT. RT isn't a strength but it's a known with Hart (with potential for an upgrade in Johnson).

But I think our tackles can all play inside so the best way to upgrade G may be a T.

This is why they may go with Ruiz or IO round 2.  They need two backers as well.  I think this will push WR picks to day 3
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 10:30 PM)Burreaux Wrote: Nate I’m not sure if you saw this video from Matt Minich but here is a video talking about some of the edge guys that could be a option for the Bengals.
https://youtu.be/IinFTGAyooU

Thanks man, just watched it. I like Akeem Gaither-Davis and Uche in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

Baun is definitely a player that fits what we are trying to do now in our new 3-4 hybrid. Baun knows how to use his hands and 
shed blocks well and I think he would be a perfect fit here with Hubbard and Lawson. Baun can cover better than Lawson as 
well which is great.
Reply/Quote
I just don't think the top 3 LBs are going to be there. I believe it's going to be a WR (possibly Shinault) he needs the coaching and a perfect season to learn and we get our LBer in the 4th (Brooks) and OL in the 5th.
Reply/Quote
With Vigil signing with chargers, it looks like two linebackers this draft and a big safety hybrid type. They will sign the BAP at backer at #33 would be my guess. Trading out of #33 may be the best option if Herbert or Love falls there. A trade with Jacksonville to #42 could get them 2 additional 4th rounders which is the sweet spot for TE/OL/WR/LB.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 06:06 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I just don't think the top 3 LBs are going to be there. I believe it's going to be a WR (possibly Shinault) he needs the coaching and a perfect season to learn  and we get our LBer in the 4th (Brooks) and OL in the 5th.

Would love Shenault and Brooks in the same Draft. Just hope Shenault can stay healthy cause he is a beast when he does.

Brooks is exactly the type of Linebacker the team seems to be targeting, damn good tackler.

(03-24-2020, 07:15 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: With Vigil signing with chargers, it looks like two linebackers this draft and a big safety hybrid type.  They will sign the BAP at backer at #33 would be my guess.  Trading out of #33 may be the best option if Herbert or Love falls there.  A trade with Jacksonville to #42 could get them 2 additional 4th rounders which is the sweet spot for TE/OL/WR/LB.

Just brought in Josh Bynes last night. He is better than Vigil in every way especially in the tackling department.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 09:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks man, just watched it. I like Akeem Gaither-Davis and Uche in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

Baun is definitely a player that fits what we are trying to do now in our new 3-4 hybrid. Baun knows how to use his hands and 
shed blocks well and I think he would be a perfect fit here with Hubbard and Lawson. Baun can cover better than Lawson as 
well which is great.

How is your board looking now Nate? Things have changed a lot in the past few days.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 04:39 AM)Burreaux Wrote: How is your board looking now Nate? Things have changed a lot in the past few days.

Definitely gonna change it up bro with this great FA. Leaning much more Offense now lol
Reply/Quote
I'm completely shocked at the free agency process, but I'm excited. I've always said that they would go heavy on offense in the draft and I don't think much changes (but thank God they addressed defense).

I'll give it a poke:

1. If Ruiz is still around, I think he's the guy at 33.
2. If he's not, I can see them going OT.

I think the best value for LBs, especially what we need is going to be in round 3 and 4 (Dye, Brooks, Harrison, Wilson, Phillips)
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 02:20 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm completely shocked at the free agency process, but I'm excited.  I've always said that they would go heavy on offense in the draft and I don't think much changes (but thank God they addressed defense).

I'll give it a poke:

1.  If Ruiz is still around, I think he's the guy at 33.
2.  If he's not, I can see them going OT.

I think the best value for LBs, especially what we need is going to be in round 3 and 4 (Dye, Brooks, Harrison, Wilson, Phillips)

Josh Jones sure would be nice if Ruiz is not there.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 04:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: 1 - Josh Jones OT Houston
2 - Zach Baun LB Wisconsin
3 - Kenneth Murray LB Oklahoma
4 - Patrick Queen LB LSU
5 - Tee Higgins WR Clemson
6 - Grant Delpit S LSU (fell on my board after we got Vonn Bell)
7 - Denzel Mims WR Baylor
8 - Isaiah Wilson OT Georgia
9 - Jalen Reagor WR TCU
10 - Justin Jefferson WR LSU

My updated board after FA...
Reply/Quote
Updated
1. Josh Jones
2. Justin Jefferson
3. Denzel Mim’s
4. Zach Baun
5. Kenneth Murray
6. Cesar Ruiz
7. Patrick Queen
8. Jalen Reagor
9. Jonah Jackson
10. A.J. Epenesa
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 07:58 PM)Burreaux Wrote: Updated
1. Josh Jones
2. Justin Jefferson
3. Denzel Mim’s
4. Zach Baun
5. Kenneth Murray
6. Cesar Ruiz
7. Patrick Queen
8. Jalen Reagor
9. Jonah Jackson
10. A.J. Epenesa

I love Jefferson but he is more of a Slot Receiver which is why I have him 10 on my big board Burreax. Boyd is our Slot WR and I 
think we need more of an outside Receiver to replace either AJ or Ross in the future. Honestly if AJ Epenesa has a real shot of falling
to 33 he would be my first choice as we are moving to a 3-4 hybrid and need 3-4 Ends. Just highly doubt he will fall that far.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 06:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: My updated board after FA...

My prediction for #33, assuming a killer trade is not made to move down, is someone you can't say no to, with practically any position on the table.  I believe they will be looking for the someone they can't believe fell onto their laps.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 08:33 PM)McC Wrote: My prediction for #33, assuming a killer trade is not made to move down, is someone you can't say no to, with practically any position on the table.  I believe they will be looking for the someone they can't believe fell onto their laps.

I think so too, they opened up the Draft to BPA, first time I have ever seen this. Happy
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 08:33 PM)McC Wrote: My prediction for #33, assuming a killer trade is not made to move down, is someone you can't say no to, with practically any position on the table.  I believe they will be looking for the someone they can't believe fell onto their laps.

May be McKinney, Ruiz, Epenesa, or A. Thomas.  Out of those, who would you take?
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 09:32 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: May be McKinney, Ruiz, Epenesa, or A. Thomas.  Out of those, who would you take?

That's a hard one between Epenesa and Andrew Thomas man.  Bang Head
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 09:32 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: May be McKinney, Ruiz, Epenesa, or A. Thomas.  Out of those, who would you take?

Would be pretty hard to pass on Thomas considering he started out the draft season in the top 20.  Ruiz would have me licking my chops too.

Epenesa sounds like a 3-4 DE to me.  A lot of people don't like his lack of athleticism and think he's kind of a one trick pony as a pass rusher.  But a good all around DE is nothing to sneeze at.  And we do seem to be hyper focused on stopping the run.

Now, as to McKinney--is he more of a FS or SS?  Could he be considered as a possible S?LB hybrid type?

We've done a lot for the defense in FA but you don't want to pass on play makers on either side of the ball.

Of the ones you mention, I'd say Thomas would be the hardest to pass on.  No such thing as too good of an OLine.

Reply/Quote