Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
pick 33 big board
(03-26-2020, 09:40 PM)McC Wrote: Would be pretty hard to pass on Thomas considering he started out the draft season in the top 20.  Ruiz would have me licking my chops too.

Epenesa sounds like a 3-4 DE to me.  A lot of people don't like his lack of athleticism and think he's kind of a one trick pony as a pass rusher.  But a good all around DE is nothing to sneeze at.  And we do seem to be hyper focused on stopping the run.

Now, as to McKinney--is he more of a FS or SS?  Could he be considered as a possible S?LB hybrid type?

We've done a lot for the defense in FA but you don't want to pass on play makers on either side of the ball.

Of the ones you mention, I'd say Thomas would be the hardest to pass on.  No such thing as too good of an OLine.

In the end I am with you and I take Thomas.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 09:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: In the end I am with you and I take Thomas.

I think there is a very good chance there will be a holy shit, he fell out of the first round guy and I also think there is a very good chance he will hit us in a position of need.

With the first pick your basic done deal, that #33 is the one that can really make our draft special.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 09:48 PM)McC Wrote: I think there is a very good chance there will be a holy shit, he fell out of the first round guy and I also think there is a very good chance he will hit us in a position of need.

With the first pick your basic done deal, that #33 is the one that can really make our draft special.

Not a better place to be... Pervert
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 08:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I love Jefferson but he is more of a Slot Receiver which is why I have him 10 on my big board Burreax. Boyd is our Slot WR and I 
think we need more of an outside Receiver to replace either AJ or Ross in the future. Honestly if AJ Epenesa has a real shot of falling
to 33 he would be my first choice as we are moving to a 3-4 hybrid and need 3-4 Ends. Just highly doubt he will fall that far.

I feel like Jefferson is versatile enough to move around. The guy has incredible hands, good speed, and chemistry with Burrow. I’ve saw Epenesa falling a lot more lately. Now that they’ve addressed needs in free agency with the exception of offensive line I’d like them get one of the good receivers at 33. I don’t trust A.J. or Ross to be honest. The good thing is they have plenty of flexibility.
Reply/Quote
There will be a guy that falls out of the first rd that many thought would have gone a lot higher than expected. In some ways depending on the player he may force our hand to actually take him rather than trade it away; It happened in 2003 when we drafted Palmer and Eric Steinbach(G) both went on to pro bowls and solid careers. For me my top 6 guys that I don't trade down for are:

1) Zach Baun -LB Wisconsin

2)Kenneth Murray -LB Oklahoma

3) Patrick Queen-LB LSU

4) Josh Jones-OT Houston

5) Denzel Mims-WR Baylor

6) Austin Jackson-OT USC

-I think any of these 6 guys combined with Burrow will make for a very strong start for a solid youth movement, and the future!!!
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 10:47 PM)Burreaux Wrote: I feel like Jefferson is versatile enough to move around. The guy has incredible hands, good speed, and chemistry with Burrow. I’ve saw Epenesa falling a lot more lately. Now that they’ve addressed needs in free agency with the exception of offensive line I’d like them get one of the good receivers at 33. I don’t trust A.J. or Ross to be honest. The good thing is they have plenty of flexibility.

Completely get where you are coming from, nice post. Cool
Reply/Quote
The current restrictions could play into what they do at 33. Teams will have incomplete scouting, even if they deal with the hand they were dealt their actual draft strategy will show it

-If you aren't blown away with the player at 33, you may get a nicer trade package than normal. A team liking a player well enough may not like the alternatives, especially if they draft for need.

-Adding extra picks allows you to gamble on a player that fell a round because teams don't get the concrete answers on player issues.

For Cincy, I'd like to think there are some great prospects to sway them from the obvious need (Queen, Murray, possibly Baun). Dont be surprised if they line up calls for trading a mid round pick for a LB. If a true BPA isn't there, I'd hope they would take advantage of a team needing the last good NT, S, ect.. before the next player tier.

Personally, I like Queen outright at 33 because I'm having issues pointing critical holes in his game. I don't think a blue chip tackle will fall because of demand. Ruiz hasn't seperated enough from a handful of guards (or tackles) that will be there in the 3rd. Higgins would be grear, but WR is even deeper. Baun is an enigma to me, a star rusher to rotate with Hubbard and Lawson sounds great but I gotta look at him more. My money is on Queen, Murray or trade down in that order.
Reply/Quote
33 has to be a very fruitful pick.

A first round talent might be there and you jump on him almost regardless if position be cause you can't pass on great players.

Or

Talent meets need, which means jackpot.

OR

You sift through the multitude of calls and make a killer trade and end up with two players to make you better.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I really think the bengals should set there eyes on a handful of players they would like to see there at 33, and hopefully wait and see if a team absolutely falls in love with a guy graded lower than the round and another player with possible elite skills falls to them.

Like what if an elite pass rusher falls to them in the 2nd like Epenesa. Regardless of how well they think there DL is, picking him up will make that DL elite in a year or so, and he might be able to play some LB in spots.

Otherwise, I really think they are going to be eye-f*cking Baun after they select burrow until Friday night and hope he's there. Honestly i think they would pick him over Kenneth Murray, I believe they think he's that good.

I think the Bengals can go in a few directions at WR. Laviska Shenault is a swiss army knife and is always one step from making a huge play and adding a tool like that to this offense might be what this team needs. Or they can maybe hope Tee Higgins falls. He's got amazing hands, scouts call him a black hole when it comes to balls thrown his way, which is an excellent combination with Burrows ability to scramble out of the pocket and extend plays. Jaelen Raegor and KJ Hill are 2 of the fastest players in this draft and they can do a lot of YAC from the slot. Yup, Ross is our #3, but he can't stay healthy. We draft either of these 2 players and his number could be up in Cincy.

If the Bengals feel that OT is the best value, they're looking for a RT definitely, and I feel like there's enough value at this position that they could trade back and get Lucas Niang, Prince Tega Wanogho, Or maybe Josh Jones slides to the 2nd, and isaiah Wilson are good options.

Ultimately, I think the Bengals should heavily consider trading back and getting more picks if it's available, as there is enough talent at the positions we need help the most are deep enough that they will find really good value picking up and extra 3rd or 4th.
Reply/Quote
If Cesar Ruiz falls to 33 I sprint to the podium.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2020, 11:52 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If Cesar Ruiz falls to 33 I sprint to the podium.

I have to agree there Boss.  I think Queen will be the pick but I think Ruiz will be a pro-bowl in two years.   
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 05:54 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I have to agree there Boss.  I think Queen will be the pick but I think Ruiz will be a pro-bowl in two years.   

I can't see Queen being there.
Reply/Quote
This is one of my favorite items to discuss. There are definitely a handful of guys who can slip into round 2 that shouldn’t. The guy I sprint to the podium for that no one had mentioned is Tee Higgins. This dude looked like AJ Green all over again throughout his college career. Yet, I see him sliding down (by the so called experts) and some saying he might not go until round 3. Can anyone tell me why? Don’t just say it’s because he wouldn’t run at the combine. He’s got plenty of game film that tells me he can be a #1 receiver in the league.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 09:27 PM)BigRed75 Wrote: This is one of my favorite items to discuss. There are definitely a handful of guys who can slip into round 2 that shouldn’t. The guy I sprint to the podium for that no one had mentioned is Tee Higgins. This dude looked like AJ Green all over again throughout his college career. Yet, I see him sliding down (by the so called experts) and some saying he might not go until round 3.  Can anyone tell me why? Don’t just say it’s because he wouldn’t run at the combine. He’s got plenty of game film that tells me he can be a #1 receiver in the league.

Higgins has difficulty handling physical CB and press coverage.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
AJ Esperanza
Cesar Ruiz
Josh Jones
Yetur Gross-Matos

Any of these guys. As tempting as it may be with this class, I'd rather hold off on WR until Day 3. And while LB is still weak, we added enough defensive pieces in free agency for me to feel more comfortable missing out on the big three LB prospects. Pick up a mid-round guy or two and see what Al Golden can do.

Offensive line or defensive end. Leaning more towards offensive line, but if Esperanza and/or Gross-Matos are there, oof that's tough to pass.

Cesar Ruiz is an attractive prospect because he can play multiple positions inside the line. He's either a day one starter at guard or he could replace Hopkins at center (who then slides over to guard). And he can always plug in if a starting guard/center goes down to injury. I won't say no to an OT, but this staff seems content with Hart so I'm not sure that's a high property for them in round 2.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 09:44 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Higgins has difficulty handling physical CB and press coverage.  

Had not heard or read that. Thanks. Given his body style I guess I could see that but the dude just catches the ball. He didn’t do much against OSU who did have physical CBs but he was also hurt.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 08:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: My Board is simple.. pick any of the 3 LBs Queen, Murray or Baun.. if they are gone pick BPA out of offensive line, WR or TE

I'm with you except for Baun.  I see him as more of an edge rusher than a 3-down LB.  If I am going to go this high on a LB, it has to be a three down player with great range.  I am hoping it is Queen.  If he is not there, then I am hoping they trade back and draft a guy like Claypool.  I'm sure teams noticed Claypool's 40 time (no one seemed to think he was that fast, but they must not have watched him play.  

I keep hearing that he is a poor man's Michael Thomas.  Well, he is bigger, stronger, and faster than Thomas, and has a similarly HUGE catch radius.  I want a "sure thing" for Burrow.  He has the speed to play outside as well as running a lethal slant.  He is also a beast of a run blocker and takes pride in it. 

I want a team of "bullies".  I don't want to finesse a championship, because I simply don't see that happening.  If I look at the recent Seattle teams, Patriot teams, 49er teams, and the Chiefs....well, I don't think they win the Super Bowl without Chris Jones, who was amazing in the playoffs.

Reader, Bell, ALexander, and Waynes are physical players that can hit.  They won't be easily pushed around.  I want some of that on offense.  I was a WR like Claypool and a RG like Damien Lewis (later round).  
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 04:14 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I may be reaching a bit farther up the tree into "top 15 pick" territory than some, but you never know what'll happen on draft day.  A run on QBs or any position could very well send an unforeseen player into the second round.

1.  Javon Kinlaw
2.  Andrew Thomas
3.  Lucas Niang
4.  AJ Epenesa
5.  Kenneth Murray
6.  Tee Higgins
7.  CJ Henderson
8.  Justin Jefferson
9.  Neville Gallimore
10.  Cesar Ruiz
11.  Trevon Diggs

In this situation, I would draft Epenesa.  He is a perfect long-term solution to replace Carlos and could contribute to a very strong rotation in Year 1.  
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 07:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You watch a lot of LSU games correct? 

Tell me why Queen all of a sudden went from a 6th or 7th rounder to better than Delpit in one year?

I don't even have Queen on my big board, think he is a project with a lack of production.

Wow, Nate!  I think you were a little hard on the beaver!   Hilarious

Queen didn't have the proverbial light come on until he saw an increase in his playing time.  It isn't a slam to say he couldn't win a job over Devin White.  I wouldn't say he went from a 6th or 7th rounder once he started playing more.  He flashed his abilities throughout the year and the needle kept pointing up the more he played.  I wouldn't say that Delpit's talent was descending, but he clearly didn't play his best in the biggest moment (the championship game) as Queen did.  Queen's performance going sideline to sideline and stuffing Lawrence (who was winning games like the OSU game with his legs more than his arm) looked very attractive to me in terms of what he will see with Lamar Jackson. 

Queen is also one of the most coverage-capable LBs in the draft...much more so than Murray.  That is what we need next to Pratt.  

I don't think he will be there, but if he is, I think Queen is the pick.  
Reply/Quote
I'm a huge fan of Baun as a chess piece for the defense, but I really think they'll target offense now that FA has set them up on all 3 levels of the D.

I'm no longer high on Shenault. I like him as a player, but his pre-existing injury issues are a big red flag. I'm really weary of an already banged up WR after watching Green and Ross be largely unavailable for 2 years.

Ruiz is intriguing. I'd rather get him in 3, but he seems like a guy that was projected in 3-5 in early mocks that is becoming more of a 2nd round guy as the draft nears. I wouldn't be shocked to see him slide into the 1st.

Reagor is the prospect that throws me off. He's going at the end of 1 in most drafts, but occaisionally slips into the 2nd. If he does, can we pass up that kind of speed. I think we need another burner at WR. I still have zero faith in AJ and Ross to play 10 games. It's time to start looking for a long term number 1 WR for Burrow.
Reply/Quote