Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
players only meeting
(10-23-2017, 03:10 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Oh man.. I am getting scared the bengals incompetence is going to break green and he is going to pull a Palmer on us... 

I think a lot more players would follow suit if Green pulled a Palmer.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 03:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I can't help but think that yesterday afternoon on 4th down in the 4th QTR was that point for Dalton.

Yeah, that was a "f*** it" play if I've ever seen one. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 03:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah, that was a "f*** it" play if I've ever seen one. 

His face after that throw, IMO, says it all. It didn't look like an "Oops, it was 4th down, shouldn't have thrown it away" face. He knew EXACTLY what he did and he clearly did it on purpose. Only thing more telling is if, while walking off the field, he held both middle fingers up to his OL, Marvin Lewis, and Mike Brown.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
It is sad and telling that I don’t even care anymore. The Bengals in their current form are not good. Until some big time changes happen, ie coaching, management, etc, I really can’t care enough about the team. Apathy is a *****, but it’s here. And it’s not the Bengals, it’s the NFL in general. Sunday football sucks and it’s sucked for years. Saturday football is much better.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
At this point,I don't think anyone on this team cares about the rest of the season. They knew going in that without substantial upgrades to the O-Line, the season was not going to be a good one. Andy is done, AJ had a f*ck it look on his face....Done
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 03:36 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: At this point,I don't think anyone on this team cares about the rest of the season. They knew going in that without substantial upgrades to the O-Line, the season was not going to be a good one. Andy is done, AJ had a f*ck it look on his face....Done

.......and Dunlap lamented he "didn't understand the plan" after Z and Whit were allowed to leave during the offseason.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 03:21 PM)Wyche Wrote: Well, you're forgetting all of the talk around the Zampese dismissal.  There was a lot of grumbling, and reports of Dalton and Green leaving the locker room together, talking privately.  The next day, he was gone.

Hmm... Good point. Maybe Dalton and AJ should have a heart-to-heart more often. I still doubt zampese was the only hapless loser they wanted gone.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 04:04 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Hmm... Good point. Maybe Dalton and AJ should have a heart-to-heart more often. I still doubt zampese was the only hapless loser they wanted gone.

Agree to that.  I mainly remember AJ Green talking about how you have to get the ball to your superstars....then the reports of their talk.

I'd want the whole staff gone, starting with Mikey's toadie, Piano Man.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 03:10 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Oh man.. I am getting scared the bengals incompetence is going to break green and he is going to pull a Palmer on us... 

Is it pulling a Palmer? Or is it pulling a Wilkinson, pulling a Pickens, pulling a Dillon, pulling a chad Johnson, etc

The list goes on and on. Palmer is not the only player from this franchise that's on the illustrious "quitter club". 

Palmer was far from the first, and I doubt very much he'll be the last
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 04:07 PM)Wyche Wrote: Agree to that.  I mainly remember AJ Green talking about how you have to get the ball to your superstars....then the reports of their talk.

I'd want the whole staff gone, starting with Mikey's toadie, Piano Man.

Absolutely. In an ideal world, we'd part ways with Marv and PA and Mickey boy would finally, officially retire.

But of course, (especially in Bengaldom) the last thing we live in is an ideal world. If I could only choose to part ways with one of them, I'd send Marv packing in a heartbeat.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 04:07 PM)Wyche Wrote: ...I'd want the whole staff gone, starting with Mikey's toadie, Piano Man.

[Image: TR46kC5.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 04:20 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Is it pulling a Palmer? Or is it pulling a Wilkinson, pulling a Pickens, pulling a Dillon, pulling a chad Johnson, etc

The list goes on and on. Palmer is not the only player from this franchise that's on the illustrious "quitter club". 

Palmer was far from the first, and I doubt very much he'll be the last

Yep. People hated on Chad, but his trade demand initially stemmed from wanting help on the defensive side via free agency.

The offense realized the defense was holding them back at the time.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 04:24 PM)Tomkat Wrote: [Image: TR46kC5.jpg]

That.......is. Freaking. Awesome.  You win the interwebz today! LOL

"The Mikey Farkus Affair" LMAO

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 04:27 PM)Wyche Wrote: That.......is. Freaking. Awesome.  You win the interwebz today! LOL

"The Mikey Farkus Affair" LMAO
Wink Cool Tongue Smirk Cheers
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 04:01 PM)Wyche Wrote: .......and Dunlap lamented he "didn't understand the plan" after Z and Whit were allowed to leave during the offseason.

Gio tweeted a confused face after the Zeitler and Whitworth non-signings. Have to wonder if he's getting tired of this show.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 04:37 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Gio tweeted a confused face after the Zeitler and Whitworth non-signings. Have to wonder if he's getting tired of this show.

I'm beginning to think a lot of them are......even our good natured QB.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 04:39 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm beginning to think a lot of them are......even our good natured QB.

Yep, when Andy throws away a 4th down pass into the sidelines, do not for an instance think he did not understand the game situation. He was saying "screw it, I'm not taking any more hits in this circus"
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 04:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, when Andy throws away a 4th down pass into the sidelines, do not for an instance think he did not understand the game situation. He was saying "screw it, I'm not taking any more hits in this circus"

After seeing it, gotta agree.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 02:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Also.. as Romo pointed out, the receivers don't have time to finish their routes. Makes it hard for them and for Andy.

Then they need quicker hitting routes.  with this OL (and it didn't just start this year) that ball has to be out very quick to be successful..

Something Jay and Hue did a pretty good job of with playcalling.    Lazor has been doing alright but once they get thru the limited plays they installed its like theres not much left to work with.  Abandoning the run doesn't help.

We aren't gonna find talent to fix the OL week 8   So you gotta do what you can to make it work.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 04:45 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Then they need quicker hitting routes.  with this OL (and it didn't just start this year) that ball has to be out very quick to be successful..

Something Jay and Hue did a pretty good job of with playcalling.    Lazor has been doing alright but once they get thru the limited plays they installed its like theres not much left to work with.  Abandoning the run doesn't help.

We aren't gonna find talent to fix the OL week 8   So you gotta do what you can to make it work.

It's hard though, when you can't threaten teams with deep and intermediate routes. I would imagine the defense would start to bunch up and close off the short stuff.
Reply/Quote