Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
possible defensive options round 1
With the Bengals in the playoffs, the pick is assured to be a later one now. I'm not ignoring an o-line possibility, this thread is just about the defensive side. Each player is listed within their perceived ranking in their position group. You'll notice the CB's rank start lower because more CB's are typically taken in the 1st round.

DE
(3). George Karlaftis 6'4 275 Purdue...he probably is the greatest exception to be available on this entire list imo.
(4). Travon Walker 6'4 275 Georgia

DT
(3) Perrion Winfrey 6'3 290 Oklahoma
(4). Zachery Carter 6'3 290 Florida

LB
(3). Christian Harris 6'2 232 Alabama
(4) Henry To'oto'o 6'2 225 Alabama

EDGE
(2). Nolan Smith 6'3 235 Georgia
(3) Myjai Sanders 6'4 235 Cincinnati

CB
(4) Kalir Elam 6'2 195 Florida
(5) Roger McCreary 6'0 188 Auburn
(6). Trent McDuffie 5'11 195 Washington

S
(2) Daxton Hill 6'2 192 Michigan
(3). Jaquan Baker 6'0 203 Penn State

The CB's stand out as very good options. Travon Walker intrigues me also. It's possible a LB or EDGE could elevate at the combine.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We don't have a ton of needs on defense if we get everyone back, but I think you could go with the following and not have an argument:

1. CB - Waynes is just too much of a risk to keep around at his contract number. If he wants to renegotiate, then sure, but I'm not wasting another $10 million on him.

2. DT - Reader is great and Larry flashes, but I would love to see another interior pass rusher. I don't think there's a first rounder out there, but picking up a pure pass rushing DT in the 2-4th round would be great.

3. LB - We've seen improvement, but if one of the top guys was there in the 20s (Lloyd) then I'd take him in a heartbeat.
Reply/Quote