Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
possible trade with Carolina
We trade #5 and Geno to Carolina for the #8 and D.J Moore

This gives us a #1 WR and a deep threat and he is still very young.

Thoughts???
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 02:55 AM)pulses Wrote: We trade #5 and Geno to Carolina for the #8 and D.J Moore

Thoughts???

Moore’s really good and he’s their deep threat so I don’t see it happening.

Even though cincy would move back 3 spots in the draft, cincy would still come out on top. Moore’s a baller in his prime. Geno’s past his prime
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 03:00 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Moore’s really good and he’s their deep threat so I don’t see it happening.

Even though cincy would move back 3 spots in the draft, cincy would still come out on top. Moore’s a baller in his prime. Geno’s past his prime

Geno is but Carolina needs help on the DL and he would be better than anyone they have now besides maybe Short. Carolina doesnt have a ton of cap space and they'll unlikely be able to resign Moore so us making some type of deal would be great for us. Even if we had to trade another future pick to get it done.
Reply/Quote
I don’t think any of this makes sense for Carolina. They can stay put and take DL
Reply/Quote
...they aren't trading DJ Moore.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 08:14 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I don’t think any of this makes sense for Carolina. They can stay put and take DL

They are also debating picking a QB, Bridgewater seems to have lukewarm support but I do think they dont trade either, they can grab geno as a FA after Bengals cut him anyway and wait till 8th pick still for QB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
DJ Moore has 10 TD's in 3 years, Close to same number John Ross has who has not played close to 45 games of Moore.. He has averaged less than 70 catches and around 1050 yards a year.

Geno is on down side of his career (but excuse from some of our fans is he was injured), so no way I would give up our 5th for an 8th, I would draft Smith or Chase or Waddle who all 3 will be as good or better than DJ Moore and cheaper as DJ Moore is due for a huge contract very soon. Trade Geno or cut him to get salary cap relief to sign a talented guard.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 02:55 AM)pulses Wrote: We trade #5 and Geno to Carolina for the #8 and D.J Moore

Thoughts???

While I applaud the creativity, player trades rarely happen in the NFL.  I would rather see Geno traded outright for a later round pick, or as a sweetener for Carolina to swap picks with Cincy for the #5 overall pick and also get #8 and their 2nd rounder.  But, again, highly unlikely. 
Reply/Quote

Thoughts???

I dunno if they do this since they also have Samuel hitting FA. 

Also, DJ Moore is going to be in the final year of his contract this coming year unless his 5th round option is picked up. And that option is going to be somewhat expensive. Moore is going to get paid like a WR1 when his rookie contract is up. The Bengals will more likely want a guy who gets around 500-800 yards as a WR2/3 and come (way) cheaper, as they have two guys already who are basically 1000 yard WRs.

I was thinking though that a trade makes sense, but I think it could go something like this...
CAR trades their 1st (8), 3rd (72), and next year's 1st to take 3rd overall from MIA and get their QB.
MIA now has picks two picks in each of the first three rounds (8, 18, 36, 50, 73, and 82) plus an extra 1st next year.
They know that PHI is likely going to go after a WR since Alshon Jeffery is going to be 31 and DeSean Jackson is 34, and neither produced well in 2020. As such, MIA trades up to 5 ahead of PHI to get their WR of choice, giving CIN (at least) pick 8 and 50.

That would give the Bengals an extra 2nd rounder to work with, which would be huge given the number of holes they need to fill/improve.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 11:31 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: DJ Moore has 10 TD's in 3 years, Close to same number John Ross has who has not played close to 45 games of Moore.. He has averaged less than 70 catches and around 1050 yards a year.

Stop this

Dj Moore is a stud. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 01:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I dunno if they do this since they also have Samuel hitting FA. 

Also, DJ Moore is going to be in the final year of his contract this coming year unless his 5th round option is picked up. And that option is going to be somewhat expensive. Moore is going to get paid like a WR1 when his rookie contract is up. The Bengals will more likely want a guy who gets around 500-800 yards as a WR2/3 and come (way) cheaper, as they have two guys already who are basically 1000 yard WRs.

I was thinking though that a trade makes sense, but I think it could go something like this...
CAR trades their 1st (8), 3rd (72), and next year's 1st to take 3rd overall from MIA and get their QB.
MIA now has picks two picks in each of the first three rounds (8, 18, 36, 50, 73, and 82) plus an extra 1st next year.
They know that PHI is likely going to go after a WR since Alshon Jeffery is going to be 31 and DeSean Jackson is 34, and neither produced well in 2020. As such, MIA trades up to 5 ahead of PHI to get their WR of choice, giving CIN (at least) pick 8 and 50.

That would give the Bengals an extra 2nd rounder to work with, which would be huge given the number of holes they need to fill/improve.

Philly took Jalen Raegor in the 1st last year.  I really don't see them going WR in 1 in back to back years.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 03:24 PM)Whatever Wrote: Philly took Jalen Raegor in the 1st last year.  I really don't see them going WR in 1 in back to back years.

I know they took Reagor, but that's all they have aside from Dallas Goedert and really old Jeffery and Jackson. Ertz is a FA.
Their offense was 26th in Points and 24th in Yards.

You may not think they take a WR that early, but I think they do because:
1) They can't rely on Jeffery and Jackson at their age
2) They are way over the expected salary cap and will need to make cuts
3) Reagor only put up 396 yards in 11 games. Dude doesn't look like a bona fide WR1.

They are in a good spot to get either Chase or Smith to pair with Reagor and Goedert. Fulgham showed he might be a capable WR3.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 03:00 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Moore’s really good and he’s their deep threat so I don’t see it happening.

exactly...i think you are way over valuing Geno..I honestly dont think hes worth a 5th rounder at this point.   
Reply/Quote
I think Carolina makes absolute sense as a trading partner if Sewell is gone, but it would be only to acquire additional picks. I see Carolina wanting to get a QB as Bridgewater is not the answer and at 5 they leapfrog Detroit , (Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance) of which 1 will be there!

Bengals trade #5 pick to Carolina

Panthers trade #8, #73(3), #134(5) and 2022 6th rd pick

this trade is pretty even according to the draft value chart
Reply/Quote
Was just looking for a way for us to possibly get a top notch WR with a little experience. I personally hope we sign some OL in FA and draft Pitts at 5.
Reply/Quote