Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
power rankings
Interesting stuff here. Thought it would make for good discussion. For openers, Dalton bias showing in my opinion, especially when compared to others. Anyway, enjoy:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/16641745/2016-nfl-future-power-rankings-seattle-seahawks-new-england-patriots-carolina-panthers-earn-high-marks?ex_cid=2016_ins_newsletter_julyweek2_NFLFPR
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2016, 02:32 PM)Thundercloud Wrote: Interesting stuff here. Thought it would make for good discussion. For openers, Dalton bias showing in my opinion, especially when compared to others.  Anyway, enjoy:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/16641745/2016-nfl-future-power-rankings-seattle-seahawks-new-england-patriots-carolina-panthers-earn-high-marks?ex_cid=2016_ins_newsletter_julyweek2_NFLFPR

I think its fair. We've made (surprisingly) good choices for the long term success of the team. We didn't overpay for two FA Wr's that could have hampered our ability to make deals elsewhere to help team. We've drafted in the past years based on the future & depth instead of reaching. I think it comes down to #14 on how far we go over next few yrs. And of course health too. NFl is so much about health down the stretch.
Reply/Quote
Can someone post the relevant information and rankings for those of us without Insider?
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2016, 08:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Can someone post the relevant information and rankings for those of us without Insider?

this
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2016, 08:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Can someone post the relevant information and rankings for those of us without Insider?

Yes please.
Reply/Quote
I'm not an insider nor will I ever be. I don't understand why anyone would pay for something that usually comes up on NFL.com, CBSportsline.com, Fox.com, etc. I love ESPN but they are starting to get on my nerves with all their PC BS.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I caught a quick glimpse of it earlier. It was something like....

1 Seattle
2 NE
3 Carolina
4 Pittsburgh
5 GB
6 Arizona
7 Cincinnati

I believe Denver was 9, and Baltimore was 10. Cleveland was dead last. I know 1 and 5-7 are completely correct. I may have jumbled 2-4.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Sorry about that. I thought people could click on the tagline and get it. I have now tried to call it up on my post and just post the whole thing, it it won't let me do it.

It was divided into scores for roster, coach, drafting, front office, quarterback, etc. and then totaled.

Sorry, I just can't seem to make it happen here.
Reply/Quote
What the hell is up with the fanfest of Pittsburg?!!!?!?? I do not understand Pittsburg offense will be shit next year! They lost Martavias Bryant which meant u can double ab all game! They may not win 10 games!
Reply/Quote
Sad to say, I think
Arizona (gained more than they lost)
Carolina (lost Josh Norman)
Cincinnati (regular Season champs, can they win at the next level?)
NE should be 4th because of the Brady Suspension and it might hurt them later in the year when it's time to wrap up HFA
GB (Hardy back will be a huge help to this team)
Seattle (Gotta beat Zona to be considered the best)
Houston (finally a QB, not the best, but better than they've been trotting out)
Denver (Can they overcome the QB loss?).
KC (ready to take over if Denver slips).
Dallas (had to put them somewhere)

That would be my top 10.
Pitt is more middle of the pack. They didn't address much in the draft that can help them this year and they needed that help this year. Bryant out for the year is a big blow, say what you want, but Wheaton and Coates are not in the same level as Bryant. Also I don't see Bell lasting the whole year either, and if he does, his game will not be the same, he will be more timid from the back to back injuries. Not to mention it's getting harder and harder for Ben to last all year with his play style.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 05:16 PM)Jpoore Wrote: What the hell is up with the fanfest of Pittsburg?!!!?!?? I do not understand Pittsburg offense will be shit next year! They lost Martavias Bryant which meant u can double ab all game! They may not win 10 games!

Your homerism is refreshing considering Fredtoast has been manning the fort since Denny left.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 05:16 PM)Jpoore Wrote: What the hell is up with the fanfest of Pittsburg?!!!?!?? I do not understand Pittsburg offense will be shit next year! They lost Martavias Bryant which meant u can double ab all game! They may not win 10 games!

Hilarious

Reply/Quote
Fear the Steelers? No. No way. Overlook them or count them out? Hell no.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I can't believe that whoever ranked the Bengals that high with the loss of two WR's.

Also, it really is odd how these guys constantly rank Pittsburgh so high all the time.

Oh well, opinions are like buttocks holes, everybody has one.
Reply/Quote
I honestly feel both Pittsburgh and Baltimore will struggle to a degree this season. Both have a few issues and I'm sure neither will be juggernauts. I'd say both will contend for the playoffs in the 9-7 range, both will be dangerous at times but both will be very beatable.

I just can't see the Steelers being the 4th best in the NFL this season, they're a playoff bubble team at best. IMO
Reply/Quote

Brown will get his catches. And they have Bell and Williams. And don't forget they didn't have Pouncey last year.

They lost Miller but signed Green, which I think is an improvement.

That offense is going to be good. It's the defense they should be worried about.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2016, 04:56 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Brown will get his catches. And they have Bell and Williams. And don't forget they didn't have Pouncey last year.

That offense is going to be good. It's the defense they should be worried about.

Their "amazing three" has been on the field like 1% of the time so one of those three will be hurt
Reply/Quote
But if they are not hurt - the will be scary good. Just the facts. Hate the pricks but it's the truth.

(07-17-2016, 03:10 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Their "amazing three" has been on the field like 1% of the time so one of those three will be hurt
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2016, 03:10 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Their "amazing three" has been on the field like 1% of the time so one of those three will be hurt

That's not always guaranteed. You can't say "hey one will be hurt so let's not worry about it".

That's not how the NFL works. Players get injured. Players stay healthy.

Plus, Ben, Brown, and Williams is still a tough offense. Like it or not.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2016, 04:56 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Brown will get his catches. And they have Bell and Williams. And don't forget they didn't have Pouncey last year.

Greens best year is about the same as Miller's worst year. That is no where near an improvement. Not having a great #2 WR will hurt them too. They lossed their starting LT in the off-season. Their offense won't be as good as it was last year. They will be a good offense, but not great.
Reply/Quote