Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
put away any Del Rio hopes
Is expected to join Ron Rivera in Washington as DC

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
He has officially joined Ron Rivera in Washington as DC. Instead of him coaching our defense, we will be opposing his next season

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 11:10 AM)pally Wrote: He has officially joined Ron Rivera in Washington as DC.  Instead of him coaching our defense, we will be opposing his next season

Good, that will put him early on the list of DC's Burrow's Bengals will light up....
Reply/Quote
I never had much hope to begin with. I'll be surprised if there's any changes in the upper level coaching staff.

Oh they may change the assistant to the assistant WR coach or something ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 11:22 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I never had much hope to begin with. I'll be surprised if there's any changes in the upper level coaching staff.

Yeah, I never had any belief he would come here.  I mean, Mike Brown, right?  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 11:22 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I never had much hope to begin with. I'll be surprised if there's any changes in the upper level coaching staff.

All the Lewis holdovers, including Darrin Simmons, have expiring contracts this year. 

Reply/Quote
After he was on ESPN at the trade deadline calling the front office clueless, had a feeling he’d never coach here...
Reply/Quote
Darrin Simmons, if anyone, would be gone because.............. Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Redskins let go their Gm Allan, hired Rivera & Del Rio as HC & DC.

Granted The Skins havent had much success in recent memory, but at least they appear to be trying, in earnest at that.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
There was absolutely no chance anyway. He made some less than positive comments above the Bengals as a whole while doing tv work
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 06:20 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Redskins let go their Gm Allan, hired Rivera & Del Rio as HC & DC.

Granted The Skins havent had much success in recent memory, but at least they appear to be trying, in earnest at that.

Dan Snyder wished everyone a happy Thanksgiving at the presser today... They're trying alright.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 06:20 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Redskins let go their Gm Allan, hired Rivera & Del Rio as HC & DC.

Trying?? were they supposed to not hire coaches... all teams are trying hiring their head coaches and other coaches.. some work out and some do not
Reply/Quote
Guys, c'mon, really??

Nobody with any kind of experience, reputation and intelligence is NOT going to work for MB. There are just too many horror stories out there that happen to be true.

No self-respecting guy is going to coach here.

Getting coaches to come here is just like player FA. We get the 3rd tier guys...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 06:49 PM)pally Wrote: Is expected to join Ron Rivera in Washington as DC

Must be nice. Would have loved for us to bring in these two guys. This FO seems to have no will to succeed period. Now I’m seeing people post on here that Lou should keep his job cause the D looked so much better the last 2 games. Miami and Cleveland!!!! This D is still horrible as is the DC.
Reply/Quote