3 burrow
4 cook
5 andy
6 blake
7 palmer
8 kitna
9 schonert
10 carter

I'ma just go with those I actually saw play...

1 Ken Anderson
2 Joe Burrow
3 Boomer Esiason
4 Carson Palmer
5 Andy Dalton (closer to Carson than most think)
6 Jeff Blake
7 Jon Kitna
8... It's about to get ugly... Neil O'Donnell
9 Gus Ferrotte
10 David Klingler
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
anyone rember the kid they called boomer jr. he was blond and left handed to. i think he started a couple gamse but cant think of his name for the life of me.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2022, 10:40 PM)Leon Wrote: anyone rember the kid they called boomer jr. he was blond and left handed to. i think he started a couple gamse but cant think of his name for the life of me.

Total guess here.... Shonert? Or something like that.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2022, 10:43 PM)Mer Wrote: Total guess here.... Shonert? Or something like that.

no turk was right handed and around for a while. the kid im thinking of wasnt around to long that i recall
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2022, 10:40 PM)Leon Wrote: anyone rember the kid they called boomer jr. he was blond and left handed to. i think he started a couple gamse but cant think of his name for the life of me.

Erik Wilhelm. 
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2022, 10:47 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Erik Wilhelm. 

thats it. thank you. was driving me silly trying to remember
Reply/Quote
1) Kenny
2) Boomer
3) Burrow
4) Andy
5) Palmer
6) Cook (too short a career...)
7) Blake
8) Kitna
9) Akili
10) Klingler
11) O Donnell
12) Frerotte
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
1. Ken Anderson
2. Joe Burrow (assuming he continues his current career trajectory)
3. Boomer Esaison
4. Carson Palmer (In his prime before his injury I think he was pretty darn good and still had a good career. If he hadn’t smashed his knee I think he’d easily he over Dalton, but as it is they are close)
5. Andy Dalton

I really don’t know any other QB’s. Never watched Ken or Boomer play but I know what they did for the franchise. Only other guys I’ve watched is Jon Kitna, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and uh the Alabama kid I forgot his name. They were just backups or stopgaps.
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow
Ken Anderson
Greg Cook
Carson Palmer
Andy Dalton
Boomer Esiason
Jon Kitna
Jeff Blake
Jay Schroeder
David Klingler
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2022, 10:47 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Erik Wilhelm. 

Uh, I think his name was Kaiser Wilhelm?   Ninja
Reply/Quote
1. Ken Anderson
2. Boomer Esiason
3. Joe Burrow
4. Carson Palmer
5. Andy Dalton
6. Jeff Blake
7. Jon Kitna
8. Cook Cook (injury related, he holds one of the single best seasons in franchise history, though)
9. Virgil Carter
10. Klingler
11. Akili
Reply/Quote
f you're doing a top 10 in QBs that wore stripes and just not their time here then Gus and O'Donnell need to be higher. Also Fitz would make the top 10
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 11:17 AM)bfine32 Wrote: f you're doing a top 10 in QBs that wore stripes and just not their time here then Gus and O'Donnell need to be higher. 

Don't forget Jay Schroeder. In 1986 Schroeder became just the 9th QB in NFL history with a 4000 passing season.

Frerotte, O'Donnell, and Schroeder were all Pro Bowl QBs before coming to the Bengals.  And in 1995 Scott Mitchell led the Lions to the playoffs with 4300 yds and 32 tds.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 11:46 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't forget Jay Schroeder. In 1986 Schroeder became just the 9th QB in NFL history with a 4000 passing season.

Frerotte, O'Donnell, and Schroeder were all Pro Bowl QBs before coming to the Bengals.  And in 1995 Scott Mitchell led the Lions to the playoffs with 4300 yds and 32 tds.

The thing I remember most about Scott Mitchell was when Lomas Brown admitted to purposely missing a block so he would get injured. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
You guys are old lol

Okay I will do a top 5...

1- Kenny
2 - Boomer
3 - Joe
4 - Andy
5 - Carson
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 11:46 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't forget Jay Schroeder. In 1986 Schroeder became just the 9th QB in NFL history with a 4000 passing season.

Using that method.. Lee Smith and Jeff Reardon would be the greatest closers in Reds history.  Nervous
Reply/Quote
This type of thread could be posted once a month and I'd still have fun with it. It would be interesting to see how the board ranks other positions.

The MVPs and/or Super Bowl QBs
1. Ken Anderson - league MVP
2. Boomer Esiason - league MVP
3. Joe Burrow

Had some longevity with the Bengals QBs
3. Andy Dalton
4. Carson Palmer
5. Jeff Blake
6. Jon Kitna

Rounding out the top 10 QBs
7. Virgil Carter
8. David Klingler
9. Greg Cook
10. Neil O'Donnell

After Kitna at 6, there is a significant drop-off in talent at the position. It is reflective that the Bengals have had good fortune to have QBs with longevity at the position.

Useless trivia that demonstrates a drop-off exists after Kitna. Current backup QB, Brandon Allen is currently 15th on the all-time passing TD rankings with the Bengals. He's thrown 7 TDs.

Give it a few more seasons and I suspect Burrow takes over the #1 spot for most of us.
Reply/Quote
1: Burrow (No one below Burrow on this list is doing what he did last year)
2: Anderson (When given a great roster he did a ton with it - HOF stable of coaches doing unique things and some incredible players)
3: Palmer (Overcame a lot while w the Bengals and had strong success elsewhere)
4: Boomer (Same as Anderson, but was more of a 1 or 2 year wonder while in Cincy in my eyes. Left for NYJ and never looked good again without a great cast. Peak Palmer > Peak Boomer)
5: Dalton/Kitna (They're virtually mirror images of each other so they are tied)
6: Blake (Honestly, I have him higher than the Kitna/Dalton bros in my heart, but he didn't have the talent around him to really see what he could do)
7: The revolving carousel of guys that don't really matter
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2022, 09:43 AM)PDub80 Wrote: 1: Burrow
2: Anderson
3: Palmer
4: Boomer
5: Dalton/Kitna (They're virtually mirror images of each other so they are tied)
6: Blake
7: The revolving carousel of guys that don't really matter

I almost ranked him #1, but deferred to the two players who have more tenure with the franchise. I'm young enough to have not really watched Anderson but I saw Boomer play plenty games. I do think Burrow is more talented than Boomer and I'd have to check out some YouTube clips to develop an opinion about Burrow compared to Kenny. 
Reply/Quote