Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
reducing the numbers
Just wondering at what point does the team normally start cutting players from 90 to make the 53 man team.
I was thinking it might be after the 2nd pre-season game but wasn't sure, Being over in Scotland I rely on this board and the Bengals web page for all my updates
Reply/Quote
Cut down to the 53 man roster is the Sunday after the final preseason game. That's September 2nd this year.
Reply/Quote
I think the first wave of cuts is generally after the 3rd preseason game and the final cuts after the 4th...
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2018, 01:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I think the first wave of cuts is generally after the 3rd preseason game and the final cuts after the 4th...

A couple of years ago the NFL changed the cut down rules. There is now only one cut down day. Team can keep 90 player on the roster until one week before the season.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2018, 01:14 PM)T_Bone Wrote: A couple of years ago the NFL changed the cut down rules. There is now only one cut down day. Team can keep 90 player on the roster until one week before the season.

yeah but generally see them start cutting earlier anyways...  but keep bodies for preseason game 4....
Reply/Quote
cheers guys, i see they already started today
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 11:35 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Just wondering at what point does the team normally start cutting players from 90 to make the 53 man team.
I was thinking it might be after the 2nd pre-season game but wasn't sure, Being over in Scotland I rely on this board and the Bengals web page for all my updates

Th NFL approved a new rule last year to eliminate the first round of cuts.  Now, all the cuts are made at once, a couple days after the preseason games end.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote