Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ref for Monday
The Walt Anderson crew has been assigned to keep order on Monday. They haven't worked a Bengal game since 2015 (Balt at Cin) where they called 21 penalties. They worked the Balt-Pitt game earlier this season and Mike Tomlin publically noted how much they like to use the flag.

He is best known for calling the Deflategate game and for last season's Bills-Seahawks series of blunders

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
In other words another member of the "why is he employed" club...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Maybe the Steelers might get at least one offensive holding called against them - if we are real lucky.
Reply/Quote
I would like to see their D-line get more calls for holding. It's even worse than their O-line.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2017, 01:05 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I would like to see their D-line get more calls for holding. It's even worse than their O-line.

I would be satisfied if they called a pick on their Wr's just once. Everyone else gets flagged for it but them for some reason.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2017, 01:15 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: I would be satisfied if they called a pick on their Wr's just once. Everyone else gets flagged for it but them for some reason.

That would be a miracle!! I'd like to see the receiver doing the picking get decleated inside that 5 yd DMZ
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2017, 12:41 PM)Joelist Wrote: In other words another member of the "why is he employed" club...

oh don't worry they are being graded.... lol

love they aren't held accountable for all the games they F up every year.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2017, 01:15 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: I would be satisfied if they called a pick on their Wr's just once. Everyone else gets flagged for it but them for some reason.

if they just called their OL for holding.... it be a different season..

Or their defense for the head hunting
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2017, 01:20 PM)sandwedge Wrote: That would be a miracle!! I'd like to see the receiver doing the picking get decleated inside that 5 yd DMZ

Which would wind up being an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on us.... Whatever

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2017, 03:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: Which would wind up being an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on us.... Whatever

If I'm on the Bengals and I know we're going to get crap called against us, I'm just going to say 'Eff it" and just hitting the Steelers in illegal ways. If I'm going to get called for an unsportsmanlike penalty anyway, I'm going to make the ref an honest man.  Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2017, 03:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If I'm on the Bengals and I know we're going to get crap called against us, I'm just going to say 'Eff it" and just hitting the Steelers in illegal ways. If I'm going to get called for an unsportsmanlike penalty anyway, I'm going to make the ref an honest man.  Whatever

I agree.....but then you have the whole ejection rule now.....which, if this games like most Pitt/Cincy tilts, we'll be out of it by halftime, so who cares who gets ejected at that point.  May as well make 'em feel it Tuesday.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I dunno..anymore I'd be fine with half our team getting ejected as long as half their team has to be transported via care flight to the local trauma center.. 
This concept of nice clean hits vs dirty hits is the sole domain of the Cherry pickers association of the NFL..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2017, 03:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: Which would wind up being an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on us.... Whatever

I'm with WW.  Unless I see anything different than I've seen in the last 26 years, it will be a game of status quo.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2017, 01:20 PM)sandwedge Wrote: That would be a miracle!! I'd like to see the receiver doing the picking get decleated inside that 5 yd DMZ

Upp, Burfict ejection!!!
Reply/Quote

Hence from this day forward, this rule will be known as the "Burfict Rule".
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2017, 12:37 PM)pally Wrote: The Walt Anderson crew has been assigned to keep order on Monday.  They haven't worked a Bengal game since 2015 (Balt at Cin) where they called 21 penalties.  They worked the Balt-Pitt game earlier this season and Mike Tomlin publically noted how much they like to use the flag.

He is best known for calling the Deflategate game and for last season's Bills-Seahawks series of blunders

So it's going to be a totally effed up game. Great.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote