Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
remembering the preseason loss in Tampa
(09-14-2015, 05:02 PM)xavierdude Wrote: I watch in amusement as those same individuals that were trashing this team after that MNF preseason loss in Tampa are now back on the bandwagon so quickly..Too funny.

Whoa there, Mr. I Told You So. Let's watch this team perform against a few real NFL teams before buying SB 50 tickets. Good grief.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 05:02 PM)xavierdude Wrote: I watch in amusement as those same individuals that were trashing this team after that MNF preseason loss in Tampa are now back on the bandwagon so quickly..Too funny.

Stop getting carried away, its 1 regular season game.
Reply/Quote
:troll:

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 05:04 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Please post this type of thread after a primetime game. Those are the games in which this team implodes; not 1pm games against the worst teams in the league.

(09-14-2015, 05:05 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: This was a 4:30 game.  They perform like that when the lights are on I'll be singing a different tune.  

Because preseason = primetime?  Rolleyes

The OP is exactly right. A lot of people were crying that the Bengals didnt play with any intensity....and that they couldnt do that because you just cant flip a switch and tun on intensity. Well, apparently you can. The Bengals played with more intensity in the Oakland game than Ive seen in the last few seasons. It doesnt matter that the raiders stink....so did TB. But what people forget is that TB was playing their first home game, with their brand new QB, and were all jacked up. All the Bengals cared about (and rightly so) was getting through that game with no injuries. And they accomplished that mission.

And just stop all the silly talk about "let's see it in prime time". A game is a game. A win in the NFL is valuable no matter who the opponent is, or what time you play. The Bengals just went into a west coast game....at a place the franchise had NEVER won a game...and dominated. The raiders have a good D line....the Bengals ran on them. The raiders have a good pass rush....the Bengals held them sackless and gave Dalton all the time he needed. The raiders have a good young QB....the Bengals knocked him out of the game. The raiders have a good young WR....the Bengals neutralized him. Good win....good intensity.....good start to the season. Props to the Bengals for turning the switch on....and for not caring about a preseason exercise in time wasting.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 01:48 PM)xavierdude Wrote: the gem was no blessing in disguise..it was a meaningless preseason game in which the bengals showed nothing of what was to be..you..and others..supposedly ardent bengal fans and supposedly knowledgable football fans wanted to fire the entire team after that meaningless game

it appears you know very little about football. ThumbsUp

Okay.  You're one of those make shit up guys.  Nobody said any such thing. 

I know everything I need to know about you.  We have a great win and the first thing you want to do is call other people bad fans.  That's that lamest of the lame. 

Tell Marvin and Hue how TB meant nothing.  They weren't happy about it either and both said so.   And Whit and AD and Jeremy and AJ and anyone on the team who talked about it.  Not one of them said it meant nothing.  Guess they know nothing about football either.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
It's only week 1 guys...its a LONG season.

I'm just happy we are 1-0 and rest of the AFC N is 0-1.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote

I watch in amusement when people act like the team is beyond criticism even when they play one of their worst games of the last half decade.

Part of being a fan is pumping them up when they win and pointing out their flaws when they lose.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 05:59 PM)Beaker Wrote: Because preseason = primetime?  Rolleyes

The OP is exactly right. A lot of people were crying that the Bengals didnt play with any intensity....and that they couldnt do that because you just cant flip a switch and tun on intensity. Well, apparently you can. The Bengals played with more intensity in the Oakland game than Ive seen in the last few seasons. It doesnt matter that the raiders stink....so did TB. But what people forget is that TB was playing their first home game, with their brand new QB, and were all jacked up. All the Bengals cared about (and rightly so) was getting through that game with no injuries. And they accomplished that mission.

And just stop all the silly talk about "let's see it in prime time". A game is a game. A win in the NFL is valuable no matter who the opponent is, or what time you play. The Bengals just went into a west coast game....at a place the franchise had NEVER won a game...and dominated. The raiders have a good D line....the Bengals ran on them. The raiders have a good pass rush....the Bengals held them sackless and gave Dalton all the time he needed. The raiders have a good young QB....the Bengals knocked him out of the game. The raiders have a good young WR....the Bengals neutralized him. Good win....good intensity.....good start to the season. Props to the Bengals for turning the switch on....and for not caring about a preseason exercise in time wasting.

All true.....but we're forgetting that the intensity was in fact ramped up the following week in another "game that didn't matter"......the Pack didn't have such an easy time with the Bears.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
This team has not built up that type of capital. When they stop strongly resembling their stereotype every chance they get we'll be more willing to let hiccups slide.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 08:15 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I watch in amusement when people act like the team is beyond criticism even when they play one of their worst games of the last half decade.

Part of being a fan is pumping them up when they win and pointing out their flaws when they lose.

Yep.  Even though preseason games don't count it is still okay to complain when the team plays like crap.
Reply/Quote