Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
replay on NFL Network
4 games to choose from and guess which game they are showing...and no I'm not watching. NFL loved the game for all they decry the extracurricular activity

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 10:15 PM)pally Wrote: 4 games to choose from and guess which game they are showing...and no I'm not watching.  NFL loved the game for all they decry the extracurricular activity

Of course they loved it.  They set it up to happen exactly like it did, allowed it all to happen and got the exact outcome they wanted.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
It was a nail-biter. There were people running onto the field in capes, for cripes sake. Hands down the most interesting game of the four. ESPN and NFLN haven't shut up about it. I hated the outcome too, but this game sells itself.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
It was the highest rated Wild Card round game in the last four years...Of course they will air that ASAP...It was entertaining as hell....The public ate it up....It was an actual game with real football and drama....I hated the final score, but it was entertaining and the Bengals FINALLY bullied the bully...I am willing to take the loss...

The Broncos lost to the Jaguars in the 90s....The players were weeping after the game....They felt that they lost their Super Bowl....Well, they needed that low moment...They won the next two Super Bowls...This could be that moment for the Bengals...This battle had to happen to win the eventual war (Super Bowl)...

It was must see TV even if the media makes it sound like trash...The ratings say otherwise....
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 10:25 PM)TexasorBusted Wrote: The public ate it up....It was an actual game with real football and drama....I hated the final score, but it was entertaining and the Bengals FINALLY bullied the bully...I am willing to take the loss...

This could be that moment for the Bengals...This battle had to happen to win the eventual war (Super Bowl)...

The Cincinnati Bengals finally became a band of brothers and became one with their fans on Saturday evening.  I guarantee you the Bengals' fan base tripled overnight because of how they punched the dirty Steelers in the snout.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Choice=not to watch
Reply/Quote
I feel like I should be wearing a tin foil hat to be reading these boards today. Like the NFL Network, who re-airs every game I might add, has some hidden agenda in showing the most entertaining game of a four game weekend.

It's all part some master plan to show us in a poor light. It has nothing to do with regular scheduling or advertising dollars or any of that. They specifically singled that game out to make us look bad. Which makes perfect sense, because why wouldn't the NFL have in for us? Of course they do.

The league, the announcers, the media, it's all part of a much bigger conspiracy to keep down one specific team, for no particular reason at all. And not any other small market teams either, just this one. (My theory is Paul Tagliabue was part of secret society that made a pact with a Wican sect to guarantee increased revenue, which came with a clause that they would deliver Bigfoot's hoof. When they did not deliver they offered up the city of Cincinnati's playoff future as payment.)

Need more proof? Jet fuel can't make melt steel beams!!! It was an inside job, dammit!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 12:41 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I feel like I should be wearing a tin foil hat to be reading these boards today.  Like the NFL Network, who re-airs every game I might add, has some hidden agenda in showing the most entertaining game of a four game weekend.  

It's all part some master plan to show us in a poor light.  It has nothing to do with regular scheduling or advertising dollars or any of that.  They specifically singled that game out to make us look bad.  Which makes perfect sense, because why wouldn't the NFL have in for us?  Of course they do.  

The league, the announcers, the media, it's all part of a much bigger conspiracy to keep down one specific team, for no particular reason at all.  And not any other small market teams either, just this one. (My theory is Paul Tagliabue was part of secret society that made a pact with a Wican sect to guarantee increased revenue, which came with a clause that they would deliver Bigfoot's hoof.  When they did not deliver they offered up the city of Cincinnati's playoff future as payment.)

Need more proof?  Jet fuel can't make melt steel beams!!!  It was an inside job, dammit!!!!!

Bigfoot doesn't have hooves, bud.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Those nfl dirtbags. If I have to watch Ben make another game winning drive on us I might puke. Hypocrites.
Reply/Quote
Would rather watch a rerun of Gilligan's Island. Watching Big Ben get sacked might be worth a peek.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 12:41 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I feel like I should be wearing a tin foil hat to be reading these boards today.  Like the NFL Network, who re-airs every game I might add, has some hidden agenda in showing the most entertaining game of a four game weekend.  

It's all part some master plan to show us in a poor light.  It has nothing to do with regular scheduling or advertising dollars or any of that.  They specifically singled that game out to make us look bad.  Which makes perfect sense, because why wouldn't the NFL have in for us?  Of course they do.  

The league, the announcers, the media, it's all part of a much bigger conspiracy to keep down one specific team, for no particular reason at all.  And not any other small market teams either, just this one. (My theory is Paul Tagliabue was part of secret society that made a pact with a Wican sect to guarantee increased revenue, which came with a clause that they would deliver Bigfoot's hoof.  When they did not deliver they offered up the city of Cincinnati's playoff future as payment.)

Need more proof?  Jet fuel can't make melt steel beams!!!  It was an inside job, dammit!!!!!

Crazy conspiracies aside, you don't think there is a relatively concerted effort on the part of the NFL and media to turn a blind eye to the Steelers transgressions while simultaneously demonizing the Bengals players?  You would have thought Burfict was a murderer and Adam Jones hid the body the way these talking heads and officiating "experts" have talked about this game.  When a group of people all attempt to mold a narrative which grossly misrepresents the reality of the situation, you can't really be surprised when another group questions their motives.

If they had come out and said that the hit on Gio was a blown call, that Porter had no business being near the Bengals players, or that Martavis Bryant's catch was at least questionable, then went on to say that Burfict and Jones are idiots and Jeremy Hill cost the Bengals the game, they would have been correct.  

Instead they made excuses for the Shazier hit (and no mention of his and his teammates dance off as Gio lay motionless), blame only Jones for the Porter situation, suspend Burfict, and say nothing but great things about a questionable, bobbling circus catch.  It doesn't take a tin foil hat wearer to smell what they shovelin.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
Watching the game again, one of the announcer said "he went over and pushed his own coach. " who was he talking about? Burfict or jones or someone else?
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
They always make excuses if it's the pats, steelers or packers. If it's the bengals rog can give it two shi!s. His circle jerk teams will always be protected. Watch, one of these 3 teams will make the super bowl for rog and his nfl cronies.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:08 AM)InTheJungleNow9 Wrote: Crazy conspiracies aside, you don't think there is a relatively concerted effort on the part of the NFL and media to turn a blind eye to the Steelers transgressions while simultaneously demonizing the Bengals players? 

No, I don't think there is an effort by the NFL to do anything of the sort.

I think there was some questionable calls, some bad calls, and some highly debatable calls that either side can go out of their way to defend or demonize. (like a lot of games)  I think some of the actions of BOTH teams are something the league needs to be looking at. 

In 2016 I don't think the NFL can afford to intentionally turn a blind to any type of head injury, perceived or not. There is no way they can purposely let certain teams inflict more hits to the head than others. This has become such a focal point because it has to be.  Both for the sake of common sense and good reason, and potential litigation.  When you have HOF Linebackers blowing out their brains and a slew of other former players offing themselves the league has to react.  When you have CTE showing in players in their early 20's the league has to do their best to protect their players.

You may not like the way the sport has evolved.  Many others may not, fans and players included.  I'm not sure I do.  But if the league is going to continue then this will continue to be an emphasis.  And there's a good chance the sport is still gone in 20 years.

None of this means they're going to get it right every time.  I''m not saying they don't miss calls.  But if you think the league itself is intentionally letting other teams play dirty then you're out of your damn mind. 

And as far as media coverage.  Welcome to 2016.  Where sports networks having 24 hours of programming to fill.  This is the biggest sport, played on his biggest stage and it's most important time of year.  Couple that with the biggest hot button issue and you better believe it's going to be driven into the ground.

Please, stop with the league allowed this to happen or wanted this to happen, or that they pull for them or that they hate us.  It's ridiculous. 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:26 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: No, I don't think there is an effort by the NFL to do anything of the sort.

I think there was some questionable calls, some bad calls, and some highly debatable calls that either side can go out of their way to defend or demonize. (like a lot of games)  I think some of the actions of BOTH teams are something the league needs to be looking at. 

In 2016 I don't think the NFL can afford to intentionally turn a blind to any type of head injury, perceived or not.  There is no way they can purposely let certain teams inflict more hits to the head than others.  This has become such a focal point because it has to be.  Both for the sake of common sense and good reason, and potential litigation.  When you have HOF Linebackers blowing out their brains and a slew of other former players offing themselves the league has to react.  When you have CTE showing in players in their early 20's the league has to do their best to protect their players.

You may not like the way the sport has evolved.  Many others may not, fans and players included.  I'm not sure I do.  But if the league is going to continue then this will continue to be an emphasis.  And there's a good chance the sport is still gone in 20 years.

None of this means they're going to get it right every time.  I''m not saying they don't miss calls.  But if you think the league itself is intentionally letting other teams play dirty then you're out of your damn mind. 

And as far as media coverage.  Welcome to 2016.  Where sports networks having 24 hours of programming to fill.  This is the biggest sport, played on his biggest stage and it's most important time of year.  Couple that with the biggest hot button issue and you better believe it's going to be driven into the ground.

Please, stop with the league allowed this to happen or wanted this to happen, or that they pull for them or that they hate us.  It's ridiculous. 

First bold word...  As I said, no one talked about BOTH teams in a negative light, they talked about ONE team and that was the Bengals.  Biased coverage is just that, biased (not to mention the Steeler dick sucking that went on from Nantz and Simms during the broadcast) and it is intentional.  No one can possible say they accidentally threw one team under the bus when the other did just as much to draw their ire.

Second bold statement... If this is true then CBS would have been slamming Shazier during, and the NFL after, the broadcast for knocking Gio out cold.  Wait, did that happen?  Nope, they made excuses for why it was a legitimate hit. Oh, and then discussed at length whether Burfict's hit on Ben was illegal or not...

Third bold statement... When did I ever say that?
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:21 AM)Run through the jungle Wrote: They always make excuses if it's the pats, steelers or packers.  If it's the bengals rog can give it two shi!s.  His circle jerk teams will always be protected. Watch,  one of these 3 teams will make the super bowl for rog and his nfl cronies.

What's the motivation there?  If you're going to make a accusation like that I would think you would have some reasoning behind it.

I would guess it would have to be a monetary benefit, right.  Follow the money? Interesting that the league would "protect" 3 smaller market teams like the Pats, Steelers, and Packers and not someone like, say, the Giants, Jets, Bears, Eagles, etc.  What monetary gain is there to be had by protecting these three teams?

And if it isn't a money issue then what other reason could it be? Goodell and the rest of the front office just have certain teams they root for?

Also, was everyone not paying attention when there was a witch hunt against the Pats about inflated footballs, and it took a federal judge to overturn the NFL to let Brady play?  How the hell was Goodell protecting the Pats then?

I swear, I think some of you just say shit for the sake of saying it.  
Reply/Quote