Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
roster update 1/19 DT Zach Kerr signed
(01-19-2022, 04:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Probably about as good as we can expect. He's a big body with starting experience. A veteran who has been on some good teams.

He's certainly good enough to give Hill and Reader a breather.

Would've loved a Geno comeback, but who knows whats going on with that guy.

Retired and out of shape probably and Geno isn't a run stopping DT anyways. We needed a bigger body to help stop the run.

What I like about both Reader and BJ Hill is they can both stop the run AND rush the passer. Very versatile DT's.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 01:51 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Man, if Tupou and Shelvin are both active, with Reader and Kerr...that's a whole lotta beef.  Mellow

No one will be asking, "Where's the beef?"  That's for sure.   Damn.  Those are some big ol' boys.
Reply/Quote
Can’t believe Andrew Billings was never brought in. Maybe he’s just straight fat right now and can’t move. Was always very good against the run I thought.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 05:19 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Can’t believe Andrew Billings was never brought in. Maybe he’s just straight fat right now and can’t move. Was always very good against the run I thought.

Andrew Billings is on the Browns last time I checked. 
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 05:23 PM)magikod Wrote: Andrew Billings is on the Browns last time I checked. 

No he was released mid season
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 05:25 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: No he was released mid season

Oh I didn't know that. Yeah I wouldn't mind him as a pickup then.

We could use the D-line depth
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
BILLINGS!!! Mellow
Reply/Quote
Hill was an amazing pick up for us. He has played really well. But I am not buying that he wad as good or better than Ogunjobi. Coaches played Larry 50% more snaps than Hill. I give that a lot more credit than any PFF piffle.
Reply/Quote
somebody call Sam Adams..... (j/k)
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 05:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hill was an amazing pick up for us. He has played really well. But I am not buying that he wad as good or better than Ogunjobi. Coaches played Larry 50% more snaps than Hill. I give that a lot more credit than any PFF piffle.

Hill is a better run stopper than Ogunjobi, Ogunjobi makes more splash plays though. Hope both are back for extensions.

Keep this DT room deep for years to come.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 05:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hill was an amazing pick up for us. He has played really well. But I am not buying that he wad as good or better than Ogunjobi. Coaches played Larry 50% more snaps than Hill. I give that a lot more credit than any PFF piffle.

In 222 less snaps, Hill had better per snap production...and was far better versus the run. 
Reply/Quote
Billings while intriguing when drafted he never quite lived up to the "Billing".. Nice might have been, but turned out a wasn't been.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Gotta agree. If you disagree then you chose PFF metrics over the judgement of our coaches. WTS, we are very fortunate to have Bobby Gene Jr. 

As to the signing:

Let's go Big Man
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 07:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Gotta agree. If you disagree then you chose PFF metrics over the judgement of our coaches. WTS, we are very fortunate to have Bobby Gene Jr. 

As to the signing:

Let's go Big Man

Agreed. I don't see much (if any) drop off with Hill though.

As you said, we're very fortunate to have him.

Will help if Topou and Daniels can go.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

i concur, they keep Hill pretty fresh.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 06:14 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: In 222 less snaps, Hill had better per snap production...and was far better versus the run. 

That's exactly the point. He's good in a rotation where his snaps are limited and situational. That's why he could be so effective.

We'll see how he does with an increased workload where he has to play more snaps. I expect Reader and Tupou to start and Hill to rotate in - assuming Tupou is healthy enough
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 09:45 PM)Mobster Wrote: That's exactly the point. He's good in a rotation where his snaps are limited and situational. That's why he could be so effective.

We'll see how he does with an increased workload where he has to play more snaps. I expect Reader and Tupou to start and Hill to rotate in - assuming Tupou is healthy enough

Tupou cannot rush the passer though. I would pass early if I am the Titans if we do this.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 06:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hill is a better run stopper than Ogunjobi, 

(01-19-2022, 06:14 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: and was far better versus the run. 

Based on what?
Reply/Quote
According to Hobson, Kerr was waived when the Cardinals activated JJ Watt, then signed to their practice squad. The Bengals pounced with the steal first thing Monday. But, the Cardinals elevated Kerr for the Monday night game and the Bengals allowed him to play in that game. However, he never did get to take a snap (still gets that playoff game day check though).
So Kerr was essentially already a Bengal when they signed Costin to the PS

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote