Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
roster update 1/7/2023
Jake Browning gets elevated only to be inactive again on Sunday...but he still gets a gameday paycheck so good for him

No one else gets called up

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Thanks for that exciting news Pally!!! Lmao
Reply/Quote
So, heading into our last game, & hopefully the POs (knock on wood):

Offense (24):
QB (2): Burrow; Allen
RB (4): Mixon; Perine, T. Williams, Evans
WR (6): Chase, Higgins, Boyd; Irwin, Morgan Jr, Taylor
TE (3): Hurst; Wilcox, Asiasi
OT (3): J. Williams, Adeniji; Smith
OG (4): Volson, Cappa; Scharping, Carman
C (2): Karras; T. Hill

Defense (26):
DE (5): Hendrickson, Hubbard; C. Sample, Ossai, Gunter
NT/DT (5): Reader, BJ Hill; Tupou, Carter, Tufele
LB (6): L. Wilson, Pratt; Davis- Gaither, Bailey, Johnston, Bachie
CB (6): Apple, Taylor-Britt, Hilton; Flowers, George, Davis
S (4): Bell, Bates; D. Hill, Thomas

Specials (3):
PK: McPherson
P: Chrisman
LS: Adomitis
Reply/Quote
So Hubbard is 100% a go?
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 05:08 PM)Whacked Wrote: So Hubbard is 100% a go?

according to the injury report he is.  Eli Apple is questionable and is the only one with an injury designation

Reply/Quote
So, does Brownings elevation last week count against the limit?
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 06:04 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: So, does Brownings elevation last week count against the limit?

It shouldn't, it was ruled a No Contest.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 06:04 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: So, does Brownings elevation last week count against the limit?

not that it matters in the long run but nothing from last week will count.  I am confident though he will game his game day paycheck anyway. As much press as Mike Brown gets for being "cheap" he won't punish Browning

Next week every PS player starts over for elevations

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 05:56 PM)pally Wrote: according to the injury report he is.

Nice !!
Reply/Quote
All offense weapons healthy good to see, Burrow has to be a happy man
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wonder if Hamlin's injury counted since nothing else did..  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 06:21 PM)pally Wrote: not that it matters in the long run but nothing from last week will count.  I am confident though he will game his game day paycheck anyway. As much press as Mike Brown gets for being "cheap" he won't punish Browning

Next week every PS player starts over for elevations

Not concerned about the game check, but since the elevation takes place before the game, I’m not so sure last week doesn’t count. Also I don’t believe PS players start over until next year. Found this in CBA, Article 5 f. “A Practice Squad player may be elevated to a Club’s Active/Inactive List for a maximum combination of two regular season or postseason games in the same League Year. After a Club has elevated a player to its Active/Inactive List for a maximum combination of two games during the regular season or postseason, any subsequent elevation of the player must be an activation to the Club’s 53-player Active/Inactive List….”

It matters because it’s possible (God forbid) that we could need Browning as the backup QB during the post season. Signing him to the 53 means cutting someone.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 09:15 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Not concerned about the game check, but since the elevation takes place before the game, I’m not so sure last week doesn’t count. Also I don’t believe PS players start over until next year. Found this in CBA, Article 5 f. “A Practice Squad player may be elevated to a Club’s Active/Inactive List for a maximum combination of two regular season or postseason games in the same League Year. After a Club has elevated a player to its Active/Inactive List for a maximum combination of two games during the regular season or postseason, any subsequent elevation of the player must be an activation to the Club’s 53-player Active/Inactive List….”

It matters because it’s possible (God forbid) that we could need Browning as the backup QB during the post season. Signing him to the 53 means cutting someone.

Pretty sure nothing counts for this game.  Unlimited elevations in the playoffs.

Reply/Quote
Need Sammy for this one. Mellow
Reply/Quote