Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
roster update 9/29
and no Drew Sample still has not been placed on IR. Sample did have surgery yesterday or the day before though.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Is Evans hurt? Have been wondering why I haven't seen much of him at RB at times?
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 02:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Is Evans hurt? Have been wondering why I haven't seen much of him at RB at times?

Zac doesn't like him so he doesn't get to play  Seriously, though, he is the 3rd string RB.  That equals minimal if any touches during the game

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 02:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Is Evans hurt? Have been wondering why I haven't seen much of him at RB at times?

He's the designated stand there and watch the ball get kicked over his head guy.. Important job you know..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 02:14 PM)pally Wrote: Zac doesn't like him so he doesn't get to play  Seriously, though, he is the 3rd string RB.  That equals minimal if any touches during the game

Never understand not changing things up when it isn't working.

I mean, Mixon himself wasn't very good against the Jets.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 03:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Never understand not changing things up when it isn't working.

Perine was looking a bit like a wrecking ball.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 03:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Never understand not changing things up when it isn't working.

Changing things up will mean more touches for Perine before Evans gets more

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 03:17 PM)grampahol Wrote: Perine was looking a bit like a wrecking ball.. 

Yep and he scored a TD by being in the right place for Burrow on our opening drive.

(09-29-2022, 03:24 PM)pally Wrote: Changing things up will mean more touches for Perine before Evans gets more

Well that is fine with me. I am usually a big Mixon supporter but I didn't like his vision the last game.

Sure would be great to start getting a running game going.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 04:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep and he scored a TD by being in the right place for Burrow on our opening drive.

Well that is fine with me. I am usually a big Mixon supporter but I didn't like his vision the last game.

Sure would be great to start getting a running game going.

well maybe our Oline and Mixon can finally get it together tonight, that would be nice, I know Burrow seems out of wits in 2nd game with line and they did better 3rd game, Mixon was very frustrated with line last week so maybe they will bounce back and have a good running game this week
Reply/Quote
Sample has surgery; didn’t go on IR. Reader doesn’t have surgery; goes on IR.

I mean WTF? Doesn’t make sense to me.
Reply/Quote
It is odd that Sample hasn't gone on IR. Maybe they are waiting for some of the players that went on week 1 to come off (CTB). They should be eligible Monday.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 05:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: well maybe our Oline and Mixon can finally get it together tonight, that would be nice, I know Burrow seems out of wits in 2nd game with line and they did better 3rd game, Mixon was very frustrated with line last week so maybe they will bounce back and have a good running game this week

That would be great if this is the bounce back game for the running game similar to last game for the passing game.

Both Chase and Mixon were very frustrated last game. Could see both having a big night.

All I know is I bet if Mixon was re-watching the film from the Jets game he should of seen he would of had a TD on the toss
play in the RZ if he just cut to the outside away from the Defenders and behind his blockers.

(09-29-2022, 05:14 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Sample has surgery; didn’t go on IR. Reader doesn’t have surgery; goes on IR.

I mean WTF? Doesn’t make sense to me.

Same, weird.
Reply/Quote
Surprised we didn't elevate a big man from the PS. Dominique Davis didn't look like complete garbage in the BS. If Tupou goes down we are thin (pun intended) on the interior
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 06:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Surprised we didn't elevate a big man from the PS. Dominique Davis didn't look like complete garbage in the BS. If Tupou goes down we are thin (pun intended) on the interior

True on Davis, I liked what I saw from him much more than Shelvin in the Preseason.
Reply/Quote