Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
roster updates 10/8/22

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
CTB on the active roster. He going to see some game time? Did we have to drop someone to elevate him?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2022, 02:41 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: CTB on the active roster. He going to see some game time? Did we have to drop someone to elevate him?

I think they had an open spot because they put Drew Sample on IR at the beginning of the week. I expect to see some Tyler Shelvin this week at the 0 against the Baltimore front.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Hopefully Shelvin can play well enough to stick.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2022, 02:41 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: CTB on the active roster. He going to see some game time? Did we have to drop someone to elevate him?

Drew Sample and DJ Reader have both been placed on IR.  CTB replaces one of them.  I am assuming Khalid Kareem who has been cleared to practice will ultimately fill the other spot

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
So will they finally try Tyler Shelvin at returning kicks???
Reply/Quote
Would love to see CTB get some time as the SPY on Lamar Jackson
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2022, 03:55 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Would love to see CTB get some time as the SPY on Lamar Jackson

Why not Dax Hill? 
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2022, 02:55 PM)M.W. Wrote: Hopefully Shelvin can play well enough to stick.

While he didn't look too good in the PS, many forget he had a broken wrist or forearm or whatever that slowed him down.

I never will expect him to be another Krumrie at NT, but he can definitely be serviceable.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2022, 03:55 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Would love to see CTB get some time as the SPY on Lamar Jackson

That could end up being disastrous - the kid hasnt played a down in the preseason or regular season and you want to see him debut as spy on Lamar Jackson?  Not to mention a position he has never played?

Barring injury, it is likely we dont see CTB for several weeks.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2022, 05:54 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: While he didn't look too good in the PS, many forget he had a broken wrist or forearm or whatever that slowed him down.

I never will expect him to be another Krumrie at NT, but he can definitely be serviceable.

Really hoping the injuries are why he played so poorly in PS because he was just awful. I thought they should not have even wasted a practice squad spot on him because it’s almost impossible for someone that big to get moved out of the way that easily.

Hoping I am wrong because with Reader out they could really use another big run stuffer in the middle.
Reply/Quote
Shelvin getting another chance.

This is likely his last. If there were ever a game for Tyler to have an impactful game it’s this Ravens game. Should kick into a lot of PT. I’m sure we don’t want to run Hill and Tupou all game. Sample and Hubbard probably gonna play inside a lot too
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2022, 06:29 PM)casear2727 Wrote: That could end up being disastrous - the kid hasnt played a down in the preseason or regular season and you want to see him debut as spy on Lamar Jackson?  Not to mention a position he has never played?

Barring injury, it is likely we dont see CTB for several weeks.

If we can’t finesse Dax Hill some minutes we sure as hell can’t finesse CTB some minutes.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2022, 07:26 PM)Housh Wrote: If we can’t finesse Dax Hill some minutes we sure as hell can’t finesse CTB some minutes.

Why change was has been working
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2022, 07:47 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Why change was has been working

Dax can cover 3 spots in case of injury, it would be great if he had some game time experience.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2022, 08:26 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Dax can cover 3 spots in case of injury, it would be great if he had some game time experience.

I hate the idea of throwing him out there next year with no game reps but it is what it is. I’m not taking any reps away from Vonn or Bates or Hilton or Flowers right now
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2022, 09:38 PM)Housh Wrote: I hate the idea of throwing him out there next year with no game reps but it is what it is. I’m not taking any reps away from Vonn or Bates or Hilton or Flowers right now

It is difficult in close games, hopefully we can get some leads.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2022, 05:54 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: While he didn't look too good in the PS, many forget he had a broken wrist or forearm or whatever that slowed him down.

I am hoping playing time will help the guy out.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2022, 07:25 PM)Housh Wrote: Shelvin getting another chance.

This is likely his last. If there were ever a game for Tyler to have an impactful game it’s this Ravens game. Should kick into a lot of PT. I’m sure we don’t want to run Hill and Tupou all game. Sample and Hubbard probably gonna play inside a lot too

Well, if nothing else, he is fresh.  Should be able to hold down the middle of the line on early run snaps.  I think this signals the Bengal's belief that the Ravens are going to try and take advantage of Reader's absence and go with a very heavy run package.  Tupou could get worn out.  Hope Shelvin contributes.  
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2022, 02:44 PM)Synric Wrote: I think they had an open spot because they put Drew Sample on IR at the beginning of the week. I expect to see some Tyler Shelvin this week at the 0 against the Baltimore front.

Hope to see something from Shelvin as we need another run stopper with DJ out going against a good running team in the
Ravens. For some reason Shelvin has always seemed out of shape and weak as a Bengal from what I have watched, hope he
has been in the weight room and is ready prove he is an NFL caliber NT. Really liked the pick initially but have been severely 
disappointed in Shelvin's play as a Bengal. This needs to change, this is his chance.
Reply/Quote