Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
roster updates-Division Round
As expected Isaiah Prince has been elevated off the practice squad. Joining him is TE Nick Bowers. This may simply be Nick's turn in the rotation for his game check opportunity. Or it could be a sign they want to bolster the TE depth for blocking opportunities during the game

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 04:41 PM)pally Wrote: As expected Isaiah Prince has been elevated off the practice squad.  Joining him is TE Nick Bowers.  This may simply be Nick's turn in the rotation for his game check opportunity.  Or it could be a sign they want to bolster the TE depth for blocking opportunities during the game

How would you rate our TEs in terms of blocking. Is Bowers good at blocking? How about Hurst and Wilcox?
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 04:59 PM)Nepa Wrote: How would you rate our TEs in terms of blocking. Is Bowers good at blocking? How about Hurst and Wilcox?

Hurst is a decent blocker, Wilcox appears to be a willing blocker but I haven't paid much direct attention to him on plays where he's not a receiving target.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 04:59 PM)Nepa Wrote: How would you rate our TEs in terms of blocking. Is Bowers good at blocking? How about Hurst and Wilcox?

Belicheat went out of his way in his pregame interview when we played them to compliment our entire TE room on their blocking abilities.
Reply/Quote
Wilcox is a really good blocker. Remember his job on special teams was to protect the kicker's/punter's left side on kicks before he ever started playing regularly. Now Asiasi plays that role

That was the double edged sword in the opening Steeler's game. Clark Harris goes out, Mitch becomes long snapper, he snaps a tad but slower than Clark does, the player who replaced Mitch on the line misses block, kick blocked

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 04:41 PM)pally Wrote: As expected Isaiah Prince has been elevated off the practice squad.  Joining him is TE Nick Bowers.  This may simply be Nick's turn in the rotation for his game check opportunity.  Or it could be a sign they want to bolster the TE depth for blocking opportunities during the game

It's definitely for more two right end sets and chip blocking to help out the offensive line.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 05:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Belicheat went out of his way in his pregame interview when we played them to compliment our entire TE room on their blocking abilities.

Good to hear.
Reply/Quote
Think it is definitely to bolster the TE depth and help in blocking
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Blocking

We call a lot of plays where TEs are asked to make important blocks
-Housh
Reply/Quote
With 3 of 5 Starting O Linemen out, Bengals at least brought up Practice Squad Blocking for this one game. Tackle-Prince and TE-Bowers. They both go back to Practice Squad Monday per Bengals.com. With Williams, Cappa and Collins out, I'm glad they accepted the fact that more bench depth blocking is needed in case more blockers get injured against Bills. Bengals are hoping they move on and get Williams and Cappa back for AFC Championship and Super Bowl, but for now Practice Squad Bench Depth needed added. Must Protect The Quarterback .

Adding OT-Prince was very much needed on bench with Staring Left Tackle and Starting Right Tackle out. Using Bench depth at both Tackle spots means somebody like Prince has to replace the bench depth. Again, Must Protect Quarterback Burrow, or in Longest Yard movie, Protect The Superstar. Want to keep him healthy and playing for many years to come.

GO BENGALS

Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger

BLOCK.................... Tiger ...................BLOCK
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
A lot of people were high on Bowers hopefully he plays well if called upon.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 06:42 AM)kevin Wrote: With 3 of 5 Starting O Linemen out,  Bengals at least brought up Practice Squad Blocking for this one game. Tackle-Prince and TE-Bowers.  They both go back to Practice Squad Monday per Bengals.com.  With Williams, Cappa and Collins out, I'm glad they accepted the fact that more bench depth blocking is needed in case more blockers get injured against Bills. Bengals are hoping they move on and get Collins and Cappa back for AFC Championship and Super Bowl, but for now Practice Squad Bench Depth needed added. Must Protect The Quarterback .  

Adding OT-Prince was very much needed on bench with Staring Left Tackle and Starting Right Tackle out. Using Bench depth at both Tackle spots means somebody like Prince has to replace the bench depth.  Again, Must Protect Quarterback Burrow, or in Longest Yard movie, Protect The Superstar.  Want to keep him healthy and playing for many years to come.

GO BENGALS

Tiger  Tiger  Tiger  Tiger  Tiger

BLOCK.................... Tiger ...................BLOCK

I'm sure you meant Williams, Collins is on I/R.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 09:28 AM)Foolishpride Wrote: I'm sure you meant Williams, Collins is on I/R.

I meant Williams and Cappa.  Bengals are hoping they win today and get one or both back for AFC Championship or Super Bowl.  Of course Collins is out for season.  As for today against Bills,  Joe Burrow could use some blocking.  So I'm glad blocking was brought up from the practice squad.  Bengals would be up the creek without a paddle if one of the other blockers got injured today, and not enough back-ups on the bench.  Must protect Joe Burrow today. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 12:16 AM)Housh Wrote: Blocking

We call a lot of plays where TEs are asked to make important blocks

Well said, that one word.  Blocking. 

With both starting tackles out the flanks are not as well protected.  With the starting right guard out also, the entire right side is weakened.   So bench players fill in for the starters, but Blockers needed brought up from practice squad to fill out the weakness that makes in bench depth.  I want to see Bengals win, but I don't want to see Burrow career injured trying to win this game.  Added blocking was needed. 

You said it Housh.  Blocking.  
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote