Poll: Should the Bengals consider trading Andy?
Yes but only if we get a great deal in return like the op said because its not like he said trade him for peanuts
no he is our franchise Qb
yes because AJM is actually better than Dalton
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
should the Bengals considering trading Andy Dalton?
With the Loss of Andrew Whitworth its apparent that the Bengals are heading into rebuilding mode. So my question is why not blow it up totally and trade our most important player in Dalton. I like Dalton I think he is a Borderline top 10 Qb (who is about to hit his prime). So this isn't a blame Dalton for everything that went  wrong for the past 6 years thread.  I just don't think this team is built properly anymore with a QB like him to win a championship and I don't think were going to get the nessary pieces from an AJM trade to get the roster up to championship level.
What I do believe though is that Andy can get us at least 6 draft picks combined in the top 100 in the next two years at least( two firsts  in 2017&2018, two seconds in  2017&2018, and two thirds  2017&2018).
While I don't believe that AJ is as good as what Andy is right now. I think he Andy  compares to a younger Andy quite well. Obviously though the roster will have to be a lot better than it is now for us to compete for a championship with AJM at the helm like it was during Andys younger years.
Trade partners that I think would be interested  Denver/Houston(whoever doesn't get Romo), Jets, Niners, Redskins, Jaguars, Browns, Bills, Saints, Vikings.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Answer should be yes from both sides. Those that think he is good enough to win it all should want him traded to a team where he has a legit chance at doing so, instead of here. Those that don't think he is good enough should want him traded and hope they can upgrade the position in the draft or free agency or trade somehow.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You would NEVER get 2 1sts, 2 2nds, and 2 3rds for Dalton. Teams never trade that.

While Dalton is an above average to good QB...teams would never give that return to get him.
Reply/Quote
I would take a trade for dalton to Browns. Get 2 1st rounders and whatever else we can pry away.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
for Andy's benefit trade him to Houston. he cold win the Super Bowl with that team

also trade AJ who absolutely does not deserve this franchise. They have screwed him over big time. Do you recall his comment earlier this year that we needed to keep our guys and pick up some quality FAs for defense.

As could be predicted, we are doing the opposite so we can have roll over money and comp picks in 5th round.

Also please let Geno go. Another completely class act who does not deserve to be on this inept team.

Burfict and Eifert will not sign another contract - I sure would not if I was them and had other options
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty sure Andy Dalton is considering trading Andy Dalton.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:18 PM)bengals67 Wrote: for Andy's benefit trade him to Houston. he cold win the Super Bowl with that team

also trade AJ who absolutely does not deserve this franchise. They have screwed him over big time. Do you recall his comment earlier this year that we needed to keep our guys and pick up some quality FAs for defense.

As could be predicted, we are doing the opposite so we can have roll over money and comp picks in 5th round.

Also please let Geno go. Another completely class act who does not deserve to be on this inept team.

Burfict and Eifert will not sign another contract - I sure would not if I was them and had other options

Players go where they get the highest dollars at. That's why Z went to the Browns.

There is little loyalty in sports. It's all about money.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Players go where they get the highest dollars at. That's why Z went to the Browns.

There is little loyalty in sports. It's all about money.

Which I don't have a problem with. Zeitler will go get a ton of money in Cleveland, and then he can go try for a ring with a contender after that. Whit is being paid like a top 5 tackle. In fact, his first year salary ties him with #2 Terron Armstead.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Usually the first thing many teams do when they rebuild: draft some OL, draft a QB, get an offensive gamechanger (HB or WR). Then you fill in the spots around those pieces so the offensive parts complement each other.

In the last couple years we've drafted high OL. We've already got the QB and the game changer (Green). You're suggesting we just scrap that progress, start over and gamble on new OL, new QB, new explosive player? Why not just keep plugging in pieces to make it work instead of re-inventing the team?
Reply/Quote
Shit......**** the GD Bungals....if I was Andy Dalton...I would be DEMANDING a trade.  AJ Green too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Why not? Right now he's just going to be killed anyway this year might as well get a bunch of high draft to rebuild with!
I'd even say trade AJ M too and just call this year a throw away year! Rebuild the defense this year and rebuild the offense next year but definitely get a running back this year in second or third round!
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You would NEVER get 2 1sts, 2 2nds, and 2 3rds for Dalton. Teams never trade that.

While Dalton is an above average to good QB...teams would never give that return to get him.
BS on that your talking about a top 10 QB with a cheap contract  who is not even 30 yet. Of course a team would do that what planet are you on. The only reason why it hasn't been done is because no team has been willing to trade a franchise QB.
J24

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:34 PM)Benton Wrote: Usually the first thing many teams do when they rebuild: draft some OL, draft a QB, get an offensive gamechanger (HB or WR). Then you fill in the spots around those pieces so the offensive parts complement each other.

In the last couple years we've drafted high OL. We've already got the QB and the game changer (Green). You're suggesting we just scrap that progress, start over and gamble on new OL, new QB, new explosive player? Why not just keep plugging in pieces to make it work instead of re-inventing the team?

#1 AJ can fill that role that Dalton has and #2 we have major needs on dline as well as o line.
J24

Reply/Quote
Might as well just bank on being basement dwellers again if you do that
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:41 PM)J24 Wrote: #1 AJ can fill that role that Dalton has and #2 we have major needs on dline as well as o line.

AJ McCarron will not last half a season behind this shit show...lowballed...good for nothing o line.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:38 PM)J24 Wrote: BS on that your talking about a top 10 QB with a cheap contract  who is not even 30 yet. Of course a team would do that what planet are you on. The only reason why it hasn't been done is because no team has been willing to trade a franchise QB.

No way.  2 firsts maybe.
Reply/Quote
Hell yes, trade him if the offer is right. He is going to need a stacked roster to be a contender anyway, and that isn't happening here any time soon.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:41 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Might as well just bank on being basement dwellers again if you do that

We are spitting distance from that scenario already.
Reply/Quote
I never bought on to the Dalton era anyway. I'd rather see AJ or another QB at the helm. Dalton just can't throw a long pass.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:44 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: No way.  2 firsts maybe.
How is this so hard to comprehend. HE IS A FRANCHISE QB IN HIS PRIME ANY TEAM THAT DOESNT HAVE ONE WOULD KILL TO GET ONE.
J24

Reply/Quote