Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So.... What do we do with the Cap Space
No way we pay kirkpatrick 10+ million a year. This would be pure insanity

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:02 PM)jj22 Wrote: Roll it over to next year.

That will be the justification.

Plus save money for injuries and sign cheap rookie contracts
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:13 PM)J24 Wrote: I hate this team. Were overpaying a number 2 Corner # 1 Money  when we already 2 first Rd Corners that can replace him.

Feel the same, i just was trying to stay a touch positive and then we do something almost as stupid as letting Whit go..

I bet Dre goes back to his 2015 ways after this. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:11 PM)Crowe Wrote: Extend Atkins, Burfict, and Dunlap would be a nice start. We can still grab a few decent free agents this year as well.

Keep dreaming.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:13 PM)J24 Wrote: I hate this team. Were overpaying a number 2 Corner # 1 Money  when we already 2 first Rd Corners that can replace him.

At this point, he is our #1 corner.  Plus, I don't see anyone on the roster that can replace him.  I guess we can always burn another first rounder on a CB.  

(03-09-2017, 05:19 PM)Okeana Wrote: No way we pay kirkpatrick 10+ million a year.  This would be pure insanity

Why not?  That's what Jenkins got last year.  It's the going rate for a decent corner.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:33 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Keep dreaming.

What makes you think we won't sign any decent free agents? We signed Lafell who was decent free agent, I'm sure we'll sign a guy or 2, maybe not some elite player, but a decent guy.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:36 PM)Crowe Wrote: What makes you think we won't sign any decent free agents? We signed Lafell who was decent free agent, I'm sure we'll sign a guy or 2, maybe not some elite player, but a decent guy.

Because history has shown that we don't.  

Sure, LaFell was one, but he wasn't really considered decent.  He was a scrap heap pickup.  Expect more of the same this year so we don't lose any comp picks.
Reply/Quote
Bury the money in a jar where the revenooers can't find it...
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:35 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: At this point, he is our #1 corner.  Plus, I don't see anyone on the roster that can replace him.  I guess we can always burn another first rounder on a CB.  

I'd only be comfortable drafting a corner in the 1st if he's super injured.  Are any of the guys in an iron lung?
Reply/Quote
save it mike B and family need to eat.
Reply/Quote
Practice bubble
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:02 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I think the most frustrating part about today so far is that we all know that the Bengals won't use the cap space for this year or next year on outside free agents:

2017 - After the LaFell signing, we have $36 million
2018 - We currently sit at $60 million

Thats a lot of unused money.

Roll and pocket.  Roll and pocket.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 07:08 PM)McC Wrote: Roll and pocket.  Roll and pocket.

Yep.  That's why so many people are frustrated today.  We had the money to take care of those guys and we let them walk.

From having the deepest roster in the league 2 years ago, we have a team with several holes in the starting lineup.  Damn, quick fall from grace.  We need a home run draft or we could be looking at having top 5 picks in the next few drafts.
Reply/Quote
[Image: ATlhg.gif]
Reply/Quote
LB...we need some LBs.
Reply/Quote