Poll: Should the Bengals consider trading Andy?
Yes but only if we get a great deal in return like the op said because its not like he said trade him for peanuts
no he is our franchise Qb
yes because AJM is actually better than Dalton
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
should the Bengals considering trading Andy Dalton?
(03-09-2017, 05:41 PM)J24 Wrote: #1 AJ can fill that role that Dalton has and #2 we have major needs on dline as well as o line.

Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How is this even a thread? Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Yes, please trade Andy Dalton -- if only to keep him alive.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 06:08 PM)Benton Wrote: Mellow

Yeah I think AJ can be a similar QB in time to Andy what's stupid about that?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 06:11 PM)J24 Wrote: Yeah I think AJ can be a similar QB in time to Andy what's stupid about that?

Nothing stupid, I just thought the AJ vs AD debates had ended. I'm not rehashing them, but if you are correct, then why trade the proven one and keep the question mark? Trade AJ and go with the one who has played consistently at that level.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Players go where they get the highest dollars at. That's why Z went to the Browns.

There is little loyalty in sports. It's all about money.

List of players who missed out on glory by leaving the Bengals to follow the money
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 06:16 PM)Benton Wrote: Nothing stupid, I just thought the AJ vs AD debates had ended. I'm not rehashing them, but if you are correct, then why trade the proven one and keep the question mark? Trade AJ and go with the one who has played consistently at that level.

Because we can get a lot more for Andy than AJ. How did you miss that?
J24

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 06:26 PM)J24 Wrote: Because we can get a lot more for Andy than AJ. How did you miss that?

If AD=AJ then AJ is worth whatever AD is worth. Or is AJ not equal to AD?

Look, no team is offering much for AJ because... he's a backup QB that played like a quality backup QB. We shouldn't be expecting him to be the next AD because he just isn't. And trading away a franchise QB to replace him with a backup QB is not something I'd be interested in doing.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:55 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: . Dalton just can't throw a long pass.

LOL....what? 

You'd also rather go with a cat that has weaker arm and think this?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:01 PM)J24 Wrote: With the Loss of Andrew Whitworth its apparent that the Bengals are heading into rebuilding mode. So my question is why not blow it up totally and trade our most important player in Dalton. I like Dalton I think he is a Borderline top 10 Qb (who is about to hit his prime). So this isn't a blame Dalton for everything that went  wrong for the past 6 years thread.  I just don't think this team is built properly anymore with a QB like him to win a championship and I don't think were going to get the nessary pieces from an AJM trade to get the roster up to championship level.
What I do believe though is that Andy can get us at least 6 draft picks combined in the top 100 in the next two years at least( two firsts  in 2017&2018, two seconds in  2017&2018, and two thirds  2017&2018).
While I don't believe that AJ is as good as what Andy is right now. I think he Andy  compares to a younger Andy quite well. Obviously though the roster will have to be a lot better than it is now for us to compete for a championship with AJM at the helm like it was during Andys younger years.
Trade partners that I think would be interested  Denver/Houston(whoever doesn't get Romo), Jets, Niners, Redskins, Jaguars, Browns, Bills, Saints, Vikings.

Smack
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 06:01 PM)J24 Wrote: How is this so hard to comprehend. HE IS A FRANCHISE QB IN HIS PRIME ANY TEAM THAT DOESNT HAVE ONE WOULD KILL TO GET ONE.

How hard is this to comprehend - when you franchise tag a player it's worth 2 first rounders.  Nobody is going to give more than that.

Plus, tell me right now who would give that up for Dalton?

I'm not saying I wouldn't entertain trading him, but let's be realistic about what we would get in return.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:01 PM)J24 Wrote: With the Loss of Andrew Whitworth its apparent that the Bengals are heading into rebuilding mode. So my question is why not blow it up totally and trade our most important player in Dalton. I like Dalton I think he is a Borderline top 10 Qb (who is about to hit his prime). So this isn't a blame Dalton for everything that went  wrong for the past 6 years thread.  I just don't think this team is built properly anymore with a QB like him to win a championship and I don't think were going to get the nessary pieces from an AJM trade to get the roster up to championship level.
What I do believe though is that Andy can get us at least 6 draft picks combined in the top 100 in the next two years at least( two firsts  in 2017&2018, two seconds in  2017&2018, and two thirds  2017&2018).
While I don't believe that AJ is as good as what Andy is right now. I think he Andy  compares to a younger Andy quite well. Obviously though the roster will have to be a lot better than it is now for us to compete for a championship with AJM at the helm like it was during Andys younger years.
Trade partners that I think would be interested  Denver/Houston(whoever doesn't get Romo), Jets, Niners, Redskins, Jaguars, Browns, Bills, Saints, Vikings.

We got the Defense.. .We got the Weapons..

We got 2 OT draft picks from 2 years ago
we got 1 RG draft pick from last year
we got a Vet that can play RG or RT

Does the OL need improvement sure. no doubts some parts of the OL need upgraded. which they still have time to do.

If we Beef up the D its healthy and better than last year possibly. (no notable losses)

The offensive will probly take a step back.  But its not like free agency is over.

Why is it we lose 2 players and people act like the season is over.

NO you don't trade Dalton.     You Replace the Missing free agents and move on.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 06:38 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: How hard is this to comprehend - when you franchise tag a player it's worth 2 first rounders.  Nobody is going to give more than that.

I'm not saying I wouldn't entertain trading him, but let's be realistic about what we would get in return.

He is a QB and Qbs are more valuable than regular players. If I were a team and needed a QB I would be willing to give up a huge deal for him.
J24

Reply/Quote
Let's have a moment of silence for Andy Dalton.
Reply/Quote
Do it. Do it now, tomorrow at the latest. AJ and Geno and Carlos, etc. Don't hold the good players we do have hostage like the fans. Let those guys out while there's still time because their clocks are ticking and this team has no shot at another playoff loss.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 06:09 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yes, please trade Andy Dalton -- if only to keep him alive.

one of the best posts ever - and completely true.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 06:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: We got the Defense.. .We got the Weapons..

We got 2 OT draft picks from 2 years ago
we got 1 RG draft pick from last year
we got a Vet that can play RG or RT

Does the OL need improvement sure. no doubts some parts of the OL need upgraded. which they still have time to do.

If we Beef up the D its healthy and better than last year possibly. (no notable losses)

The offensive will probly take a step back.  But its not like free agency is over.

Why is it we lose 2 players and people act like the season is over.

NO you don't trade Dalton.     You Replace the Missing free agents and move on.

Will they replace the missing players with equal FA's?  No.  So we've gone backwards from 6 wins.  Blow it up.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 06:38 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: How hard is this to comprehend - when you franchise tag a player it's worth 2 first rounders.  Nobody is going to give more than that.

andy's not franchise tagged.  He's under a very team friendly contract.  He is eminently tradeable.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 07:07 PM)McC Wrote: Do it.  Do it now, tomorrow at the latest.  AJ and Geno and Carlos, etc.  Don't hold the good players we do have hostage like the fans.  Let those guys out while there's still time because their clocks are ticking and this team has no shot at another playoff loss.

Agreed x 1,000

This team will struggle to get 6 wins next season behind the O-line we're going to run out there. Do the right thing Mike since you don't give a damn and trade the good ones away, release them, whatever.
Reply/Quote
Start the fire sale now. This is one of the deepest drafts ever. Anybody not on a rookie contract is out of here. Go into the draft with 20 picks. Or thirty. Eight or nine first rounders. Start a whole new team from scratch.

Reply/Quote