Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suicide is Painless?
OK, I have tried to imagine what is going on from every angle...

But I just heard on the BBC a "journalist" say something about taking Trump "literally" but not "seriously" or vice-versa.

Through the rabbit hole...

There is an argument that says the only rational response to the irrational is to check out...

Madeleine Albright said the other day that she was ready to register as Muslim in response the the threat of trucks rounding up Muslims... a "joke" I have made more than once... but really, WTF? Dude, where is my country?

Fascism has more than a toe-hold here - is suicide the only rational response?

If you don't know MASH you won't get this, but really...
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

I didn't know that song had lyrics until about 5 years ago... I'm old enough to remember my parents watching MASH... Hell my dad met Frank Burns.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This will soon pass.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(01-27-2017, 10:46 PM)jason Wrote: I'm old enough to remember my parents watching MASH

That point when you really feel old. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-27-2017, 10:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That point when you really feel old. 
I'm fast approaching middle age... Ya' must be old then.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(01-27-2017, 08:56 PM)xxlt Wrote: OK, I have tried to imagine what is going on from every angle...

But I just heard on the BBC a "journalist" say something about taking Trump "literally" but not "seriously" or vice-versa.

Through the rabbit hole...

There is an argument that says the only rational response to the irrational is to check out...

Madeleine Albright said the other day that she was ready to register as Muslim in response the the threat of trucks rounding up Muslims... a "joke" I have made more than once...  but really, WTF? Dude, where is my country?

Fascism has more than a toe-hold here - is suicide the only rational response?

If you don't know MASH you won't get this, but really...
The counter reaction is forming. Trump's actions are producing it.

People who have ignored politics and were too lazy to vote are getting their wake up call.

The Trump voters who didn't like Trump but thought he might bring jobs back are peeling away as it becomes clear that Trump doesn't know what he is doing and can't really "negotiate" trade deals with world leaders. They realize their vote for jobs only turned over their Medicare and Social Security to Ryan and the "establishment" Republican budget cutters.

The hard line Trumpsters come on talk shows and insist they have proof five million illegals voted for Hillary, and Trump has their back.
The military and intelligence services are agog at the Commander in chief's inability to vet internet information--the guy who could send them into battle.

Even a segment of the Fox News audience is beginning to grasp the folly of "anyone but Hillary."  Right wing radio becomes ever shriller in defense of Trump's lies, as Fox begins to divide over how to cover an incompetent president with a dysfunctional personality.

Really no reason to be depressed about all this, XXLT.  If you are not in foreign service or the military overseas, and if you don't live on the border with Mexico, and you are not covered by Obamacare, then grab a beer, sit back, and watch as over the next few months millions of angry Americans demand their country back.

Trump will not serve 4 years.

(01-28-2017, 12:37 AM)Dill Wrote: The counter reaction is forming. Trump's actions are producing it.

People who have ignored politics and were too lazy to vote are getting their wake up call.

The Trump voters who didn't like Trump but thought he might bring jobs back are peeling away as it becomes clear that Trump doesn't know what he is doing and can't really "negotiate" trade deals with world leaders. They realize their vote for jobs only turned over their Medicare and Social Security to Ryan and the "establishment" Republican budget cutters.

The hard line Trumpsters come on talk shows and insist they have proof five million illegals voted for Hillary, and Trump has their back.
The military and intelligence services are agog at the Commander in chief's inability to vet internet information--the guy who could send them into battle.

Even a segment of the Fox News audience is beginning to grasp the folly of "anyone but Hillary."  Right wing radio becomes ever shriller in defense of Trump's lies, as Fox begins to divide over how to cover an incompetent president with a dysfunctional personality.

Really no reason to be depressed about all this, XXLT.  If you are not in foreign service or the military overseas, and if you don't live on the border with Mexico, and you are not covered by Obamacare, then grab a beer, sit back, and watch as over the next few months millions of angry Americans demand their country back.

Trump will not serve 4 years.

America's track record since Vietnam for demanding change is not good. Hope you are right though...
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(01-28-2017, 07:21 AM)xxlt Wrote: America's track record since Vietnam for demanding change is not good. Hope you are right though...

Change is what the Trumpsters wanted. Puzzling that so many never considered things could change for the worse.

Life in the U.S. is so easy; we have the world's largest military, the world economy is pegged to our dollar, but millions of people think we have been "losing" somehow.  The terrorists are somehow "winning" and everyone out there in other countries is laughing at us everyday.

All that easy living and security is now at risk because millions of Americans "wanted their country back" before the black president destroyed it with Muslim Communism.