Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
should we have kept iraqi oil
(01-26-2017, 08:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dang you ask a lot of questions when one gets answered but I will try:

I don't know the numbers of Americans threatened by Saddam Hussan, but I'll put it at a few

Their leader committing crimes against humanity, we are not responsible for the increased extremism

Saddam Hussan invited us with his repeated crimes; I'm not sure they actually have an invitation committee

I'm not sure if you are talking about Desert Storm or Iraqi Freedom when asking why did we stop; you're kind of inter-mingling them here

We don't invade all countries because sanctions are perhaps more effective on poorer countries

I think I got them all. 

stopping was referring other countries. If our job is now world police, there's plenty of work to do.

but thanks for supplying the answer of why Saddam was a horrible person. Still doesn't answer the original question of "paying us back for...."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-26-2017, 08:44 PM)Benton Wrote: stopping was referring other countries. If our job is now world police, there's plenty of work to do.

Being the world's police is not a new job to us; we've done is for decades and unfortunately you are correct; there is a lot of work to do. Perhaps it would be best if we turned to isolation. 

Oh and I answered the original question in my earlier post: To remove a leader that was committing crimes against humanity in his country.

Your question is sort of like: Sure Hitler was bad but why did we invade Germany.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(01-26-2017, 08:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Being the world's police is not a new job to us; we've done is for decades and unfortunately you are correct; there is a lot of work to do. Perhaps it would be best if we turned to isolation. 

Oh and I answered the original question in my earlier post: To remove a leader that was committing crimes against humanity in his country.

Your question is sort of like: Sure Hitler was bad but why did we invade Germany.

Because he was at war with one of our allies.

Same reason we fought the first Gulf War.

Oh...you were serious.  Sorry.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-26-2017, 08:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Being the world's police is not a new job to us; we've done is for decades and unfortunately you are correct; there is a lot of work to do. Perhaps it would be best if we turned to isolation. 

Screw isolation. Trump has us back on track as the strong Christian leader country we were meant to be. Lets get this torture and pillaging party started but we have to be sure we waste no time or effort to offer refuge for the poor helpless souls caught in the middle. Ha ha ha, its funny thinking about those stupid little syrian kids who thought there was a big rich powerful country out there that actually cared about humanity who could help them. 
(01-26-2017, 02:31 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Last night when Muir told him that was a war crime Trump just goes...

"Can you believe that?"

and then repeats it 3 more times like his brain is malfunctioning.

Or like he is a poster on this message board, LOL!
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(01-26-2017, 03:32 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: We invaded Iraq for our national security issues. Allegedly. Why would the Iraqi government feel compelled to pay us for an invasion we conducted for our own benefit?

COMMIE! When they trucks come, I expect the first wave to pick you up. Don't say you weren't warned.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(01-26-2017, 09:06 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Screw isolation. Trump has us back on track as the strong Christian leader country we were meant to be. Lets get this torture and pillaging party started but we have to be sure we waste no time or effort to offer refuge for the poor helpless souls caught in the middle. Ha ha ha, its funny thinking about those stupid little syrian kids who thought there was a big rich powerful country out there that actually cared about humanity who could help them. 

You know, you sound like such a *******, when you try to be so condescending...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(01-26-2017, 06:20 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Did Colin Powell brief the UN on any of these as a reason to invade Iraq?

And Bingo was his name-o.
(01-26-2017, 02:35 PM)Griever Wrote: trump is a brain dead chimp

That is an insult to brain dead chimps. You should apologize.
(01-26-2017, 07:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not sure; however, that has nothing to do with the fact that he committed those and countless other atrocities and we removed him from power in an effort to help the citizens of Iraq; as opposed to the snarky arm-chair reason provided.

It also ignores the fact that we put him in power and supported him through all the atrocities, but hey, we can overlook those details.
(01-26-2017, 07:43 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Trump is genius. We could turn in to like a mercenary country.

Bad guys slaughtering your people committing horrible atrocities? Well well well. We have a solution for you. If you can afford it we will help you.

As a strong proud Christian nation. Doesn't it say something in the bible about protecting and helping the poor and needy if they can pay for it?

And with our track record of installing dictators, we will never run out of clients!

Hitler declared war on the United States.

I think it's laughable to say that the invasion of Iraq didn't destabilize the region. Bush, Cheney, and the rest of those flunkies tried to convince the world that Saddam Hussein was in cahoots with bin Laden (laughable). I know, I know... Sometimes Iraqis were flying in their own airspace. Al-qaeda had little to no presence in Iraq prior to 2003. A year later Zarqawi was raising cain. More than a decade later, his boys are still at it, and now they are striking around the globe... In my opinion the people of Iraq don't owe the United States a damn thing.

Hey Iraqis and Syrians... You're not welcome here, and you're welcome for the last decade and a half.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(01-26-2017, 09:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You know, you sound like such a *******, when you try to be so condescending...

Is this your endorsement for when Nati runs for president?

Go find a safe space
(01-26-2017, 09:25 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Is this your endorsement for when Nati runs for president?

Go find a safe space

Speak for yourself..

I have a "safe space", it's called my home, the one that I work hard to pay for. 

As for endorsement of "Nazi", the Left seems to be the ones attempting to embrace Islam.  You know, the culture that endorses repression of women, persecution of gays, and anyone else that does not agree with their ways.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(01-26-2017, 07:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not sure; however, that has nothing to do with the fact that he committed those and countless other atrocities and we removed him from power in an effort to help the citizens of Iraq; as opposed to the snarky arm-chair reason provided.

We removed Saddam from power for our benefit. Any benefit to th Iraqi people was secondary to our own national security interests. National security interests based upon what turned out to be lies. 

You're about the last person here who should complain about snarky remarks based upon your own proclivity for snarky remarks. 
(01-26-2017, 09:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Speak for yourself..

I have a "safe space", it's called my home, the one that I work hard to pay for. 

As for endorsement of "Nazi", the Left seems to be the ones attempting to embrace Islam.  You know, the culture that endorses repression of women, persecution of gays, and anyone else that does not agree with their ways.

Check your water bottle. Somebody at the gym slipped something in it.

Sure Hitler was bad, but the US would not go to war against him--until HE DECLARED WAR ON THE U.S. on Dec. 11, 1941.

On that date, all Americans in Germany were arrested and Hitler immediately began to sink US shipping in the Atlantic.

You did not answer Benton's questions. No Americans were threatened by Saddam. The US had effective control of half his country through no fly zones and the Kurds controlled the north.

The stated reason for the invasion was to neutralize the imminent threat of WMDs.  Bush did not bring a white paper to Congress full of cooked intel about how Saddam oppressed his people when he wanted authorization for war. Powell did not go before the UN with photographs of Saddam hanging people to explain the US rationale to the world.

When the war went south and no WMDs were found, then the war became about the poor Iraqi people.

Some were fooled by the change in rationale. Others not.  
(01-26-2017, 09:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As for endorsement of "Nazi", the Left seems to be the ones attempting to embrace Islam.  You know, the culture that endorses repression of women, persecution of gays, and anyone else that does not agree with their ways.

Hmm. What is Mike Pence's stance on gays and a woman's right to choose? Equal pay for equal work?

You may be confusing "the left's" defense of universal human rights with an endorsement of a specific religion. E.g., If don't think Jews should be persecuted, that doesn't mean I "embrace Judaism."

This is one of those issues on which the left and center disagree with the right.
(01-26-2017, 09:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You know, you sound like such a *******, when you try to be so condescending...

That is the point when im making fun of the "Christian" "leader of the free world" who in his first week on the job turned his back on refugees and advocated the use of torture and pillaging. 
Folks are tripping over themselves sharing their canned responses about why the invasion of Iraq was bad and in hindsight most agree that it was. However the question was asked why should/would we keep the oil and an "answer" of because we "destroyed" their country was given. I simply provided the reason that we did remove a letter from a country that was committing crimes against humanities. That quickly became an "OK, but...."
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]