Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
similarities between Dalton and kitna
I thought that fact that people mockingly called him Andy Kitna suggests they are equal in abilities.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 11:21 PM)livebythe10 Wrote: Kitna was pretty well liked. Dalton not so much.

I see a lot of similarities in their game. What similarities and differences do you see?

I would say I see more similarities in the game of Dalton and Anderson than I do Kitna and Dalton. I am also not sure why you say Dalton in not well liked. There are a few diehard haters of Dalton but I would say he is liked by more than he is disliked by.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2015, 10:22 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I would say I see more similarities in the game of Dalton and Anderson than I do Kitna and Dalton. I am also not sure why you say Dalton in not well liked. There are a few diehard haters of Dalton but I would say he is liked by more than he is disliked by.

Glad to see you switched over here with us osufan. Had not seen you post here yet. Glad you did bub.

I never watched Anderson that I can remember. My first memories are boomer.

I made this because I did see kitna and I think they are so similar not only in personal. They both share huge personality similarities.

But also physical. Both smaller with less of a cannon than, say palmer had. Really both are players who were undersized and pretty much less talented than superstars.

The difference in my eyes are intensity and maturity. Kitna was popular because of that intensity and leadership.

I think more people would back Dalton if he had that fire. We have seen that a mediocre QB can lead a team with the right spark.

Dalton needs to create that spark if he wants to lead this team to victory. Kitna did it with less. Grant it, it wasn't a Superbowl run, but with this talent. Dalton could succeed with that fire. That spark.
Reply/Quote
They both don't have blonde hair. Wink
Reply/Quote
Main difference:

Kitna was a placeholder
Dalton makes 100 mil
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2015, 03:03 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Differences

Kitna performed better in the playoffs while Dalton's playoff QBing makes every defense look like the '85 Bears.

Thanks for showing how much you know about football. It shows how much credibility I should give your opinion about Dalton's ability to lead us to the Super Bowl.

Dalton's postseason numbers are better than Kitna's. Kitna had a 54.4 postseason passer rating and averaged 179.5 yards per game.
Reply/Quote
I think the main difference is that Kitna was more emotional. Someone earlier said Kitna was "fiery". I think that's the main difference.

When Kitna was upset or angry on the field, you knew it. Dalton, well, people complain 'cause Dalton will "smile" (grimace) when a bad play happens, even if it wasn't his fault. You don't see Dalton going on tirades on the field or on the sideline.

I remember against the Steelers, Kitna threw a TD pass but he felt was hit late (and he was), but no flag was thrown. Instead of celebrating the TD, Kitna was in the face of the official vehemently looking for a flag.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 12:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Thanks for showing how much you know about football.  It shows how much credibility I should give your opinion about Dalton's ability to lead us to the Super Bowl.

Dalton's postseason numbers are better than Kitna's.  Kitna had a 54.4 postseason passer rating and averaged 179.5 yards per game.

For reference, Dalton's postseason passer rating is 57.8 and is currently averaging 218.3 yards per game in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 12:35 PM)PhilHos Wrote: For reference, Dalton's postseason passer rating is 57.8 and is currently averaging 218.3 yards per game in the playoffs.

I hope that we're all talking about those averages with a nice bump up this time next year.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 12:37 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I hope that we're all talking about those averages with a nice bump up this time next year.

You know it. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
So the guy who broke Palmer's franchise records and made it to the playoffs 2 more times in half as many tries is similar to Palmer's backup?

Makes sense.
Reply/Quote