Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
some interesting cuts to consider
Jaylon Smith was released by GB, maybe worth a look to replace Evans?
Deshaun Jackson was cut by Rams...maybe worth bringing him in too as insurance on Chase (our only true deep threat)
Reply/Quote
Id kick the tires on Jackson.another straight line
Burner cant hurt.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 11:20 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Id kick the tires on Jackson.another straight line
Burner cant hurt.

If he was upset about lack of targets in LA, I don’t think he’d be happy here, and we don’t need disgruntled players here.
Reply/Quote
i see the Raiders calling Jackson
Reply/Quote
Could Jackson add value as PR?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 11:54 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: i see the Raiders calling Jackson

yup, Id agree after Ruggs just f 'd up his career
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 12:24 PM)kalibengal Wrote: yup, Id agree after Ruggs just f 'd up his career

if not Jackson they could try and get a trade for OBJ   him and cleveland seem to be at odds.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 12:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if not Jackson they could try and get a trade for OBJ   him and cleveland seem to be at odds.

Trade deadline is over, so that can’t happen. And this year all veterans are subject to waivers after the deadline, so if Raiders get him, cincy would have passed on him.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 12:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if not Jackson they could try and get a trade for OBJ   him and cleveland seem to be at odds.

With the deadline passing, I doubt the Browns release OBJ because if no one claims him it leads to cap repercussions for Cleveland. They are better off just keeping him on the roster for the remainder of the season. Maybe Baker, OBJ, and OBJ's dad can work it out.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 12:54 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: With the deadline passing, I doubt the Browns release OBJ because if no one claims him it leads to cap repercussions for Cleveland. They are better off just keeping him on the roster for the remainder of the season. Maybe Baker, OBJ, and OBJ's dad can work it out.

What are peoples thoughts on OBJ? 

Are the Browns just incredibly inept, or has he lost a step, or two? I honestly don't know what to think
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 12:57 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: What are peoples thoughts on OBJ? 

Are the Browns just incredibly inept, or has he lost a step, or two? I honestly don't know what to think

Fair question. I admit I don't have intricate football knowledge to know. He's got a bad shoulder this year, but ultimately I think it is the Brown's system + Baker/OBJ lack of QB/WR rapport. The Brown's rely on RBs and appear to have Baker run through his progressions. It's not an offense that facilitates tossing the ball to the star WR and letting him do his thing. Is OBJ even a star anymore though? My eye test doesn't tell me if he's lost a step or not. He and Baker just don't seem to click. Baker seems to trust Landry.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 12:54 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: With the deadline passing, I doubt the Browns release OBJ because if no one claims him it leads to cap repercussions for Cleveland. They are better off just keeping him on the roster for the remainder of the season. Maybe Baker, OBJ, and OBJ's dad can work it out.

ahh maybe after the season then
Reply/Quote

Oh dear God, no. OBJ is a great receiver, but dude is just a diva and would probably cause too many problems in the lockerroom - especially if we have more games like the Jets game than the Ravens game.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 01:44 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Oh dear God, no. OBJ is a great receiver, but dude is just a diva and would probably cause too many problems in the lockerroom - especially if we have more games like the Jets game than the Ravens game.

I was talking about the raiders not us.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 12:24 PM)kalibengal Wrote: yup, Id agree after Ruggs just f 'd up his career

He ****** up a lot more than his career. He ****** up his entire life, as well as the lives of the people that love him and those that loved his victim.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 01:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: ahh maybe after the season then

Well, now it appears the Browns have sent him home. They won't outright release him because of the financial implications, but media is reporting they are exploring how to release him without it hurting the team financially.
Reply/Quote

I read they're considering 2 counts of DUI which doesn't make sense. He could only drive one car at a time.. Anyway..also found a loaded pistol in the car.. This guys life went south really fast.. Not that I feel sympathetic to the guy, but I'd hate to be him laying chained to a hospital bed knowing what he did.. 156 mph on city streets.. I've often wondered why any motor vehicle can be sold that's capable of speeding that fast when there's no road in the entire nation where it's legal to drive that fast..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

Unbelievable.  3:30 AM, hammered, rams another car at 150 MPH.  Killed a 23 year old woman and her dog.  So sad.  Raiders already cut him and he will be heading to jail for vehicular manslaughter when he leaves the hospital.  
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 04:20 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Unbelievable.  3:30 AM, hammered, rams another car at 150 MPH.  Killed a 23 year old woman and her dog.  So sad.  Raiders already cut him and he will be heading to jail for vehicular manslaughter when he leaves the hospital.  

and how in the hell did he and his (passenger?) survive 150 mph crash!? Thats just plain astonishing. 
That corvette must have one awsome air bag system. 
Feel bad for the woman and pet...
As soon as i heard the Raiders were moving to LV I kept thinking in my head, that putting a bunch of young, immature rich football players in that city is a recipe for disaster.  
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 01:44 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Oh dear God, no. OBJ is a great receiver, but dude is just a diva and would probably cause too many problems in the lockerroom - especially if we have more games like the Jets game than the Ravens game.

That is a common thing with a lot of high end WRs in the league. They want their stats and think of themselves first and the team second.

As fans we were spoiled by Chad who was more of a clown then a T.O. diva and A.J. Green who never worried at least out loud about his numbers he was just the ultimate professional unlike guys like Antonio Brown and Juju. 

There is something about WRs that just seems to be the big time diva department of guys focused on their own brand, and numbers and records versus the team. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote