Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
some interesting cuts to consider
(11-03-2021, 04:20 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Unbelievable.  3:30 AM, hammered, rams another car at 150 MPH.  Killed a 23 year old woman and her dog.  So sad.  Raiders already cut him and he will be heading to jail for vehicular manslaughter when he leaves the hospital.  

I’d go with aggravated vehicular homicide. I think that can run you up to twenty years. So many lives ruined. The victim and especially her parents at the forefront.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As to Ruggs:

Donte Stallworth did pretty much the same thing. He served 24 days in jail and was suspended for 1 year.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind the Bengals putting in a call to Jackson's agent. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 09:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As to Ruggs:

Donte Stallworth did pretty much the same thing. He served 24 days in jail and was suspended for 1 year.

I remember something like Stallworth's BAC was still barely above the legal limit and it was from the night before and the man walked in front of his car.   He was going something like 40 MPH.  I think the combination of excessive speed, probably a super high BAC (he was visually impaired) and the fact that the car he hit caught fire and the victims burned will give him a worse sentence.  
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 08:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I remember something like Stallworth's BAC was still barely above the legal limit and it was from the night before and the man walked in front of his car.   He was going something like 40 MPH.  I think the combination of excessive speed, probably a super high BAC (he was visually impaired) and the fact that the car he hit caught fire and the victims burned will give him a worse sentence.  

Stallworth blew a .12, 1-1/2 times the legal limit.  He was doing 50 in a 40.  He supposedly saw the pedestrian and flashed his lights to "warn him", but hit him anyways.

Stallworth got of light because he struck a plea deal, which Ruggs will also likely do.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 12:57 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: What are peoples thoughts on OBJ? 

Are the Browns just incredibly inept, or has he lost a step, or two? I honestly don't know what to think

That video his pops posted shows he still got it. Pretty sure Burrow would be hitting him in stride. Bengals won't pay the remaining amount he's owed (so I doubt they'd claim him on waivers) but after that I'd hope they'd at least talk about it. LSU connection and all.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I'm surprised about Jaylon Smith. Kid was a stud in college, but suffered the knee injury in the bowl game. He fell to the 2nd because folks weren't sure if he'd ever recover. After sitting out his rookie year to recover the dude hasn't missed a game in his career due to injury.

We can bring him in for the league minimum; as Dallas must pay his contract.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 11:42 AM)Whatever Wrote: Stallworth blew a .12, 1-1/2 times the legal limit.  He was doing 50 in a 40.  He supposedly saw the pedestrian and flashed his lights to "warn him", but hit him anyways.

Stallworth got of light because he struck a plea deal, which Ruggs will also likely do.

People on juries tend to drink, and people on juries tend to drive 10 over the speed limit. People on juries do not tend to get hammered and drive over 150 mph in a residential zone. He might cut a deal, but it's going to be a lot of time.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 12:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: People on juries tend to drink, and people on juries tend to drive 10 over the speed limit. People on juries do not tend to get hammered and drive over 150 mph in a residential zone. He might cut a deal, but it's going to be a lot of time.

I doubt he sees trial.  He probably pleads to a lesser charge. AFAIK he doesn't have a criminal history and the city isn't going to want fight through the appeals process with a multi millionaire that doesn't have a fairly extensive criminal history.  
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 09:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As to Ruggs:

Not even close to the same situation. The guy Stallworth killed was a pedestrian that stepped out into the road. This poor woman was sitting at a stoplight, not breaking a single traffic law.

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 05:19 PM)Whatever Wrote: I doubt he sees trial.  He probably pleads to a lesser charge. AFAIK he doesn't have a criminal history and the city isn't going to want fight through the appeals process with a multi millionaire that doesn't have a fairly extensive criminal history.  

He also had a loaded gun in the car. So even if he has a CCW, he wouldn’t have been allowed to legally carry it while drinking. And due to the horrific manner of how this young woman died, I wouldn’t be surprised if they refuse to cut him a deal at all.

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 05:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He also had a loaded gun in the car. So even if he has a CCW, he wouldn’t have been allowed to legally carry it while drinking. And due to the horrific manner of how this young woman died, I wouldn’t be surprised if they refuse to cut him a deal at all.

People forget that he was the first pick in the draft that year.  #12 overall.  

WRs taken after Ruggs in 2020:

15.  Jeudy
17.  Lamb
21.  Reagor 
22.  Jefferson
25.  Aiyuk
33.  Tee Higgins
34.  Pittman
42.  Shenault
46.  KJ Hamler
49.  Claypool
58.  Van Jefferson
59.  Mims

Ruggs was probably in the bottom three of this list in terms of production, although was starting to get some deep completions.  
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 05:19 PM)Whatever Wrote: I doubt he sees trial.  He probably pleads to a lesser charge. AFAIK he doesn't have a criminal history and the city isn't going to want fight through the appeals process with a multi millionaire that doesn't have a fairly extensive criminal history.  

Doesn't matter what the city wants to do. the city has nothing to do with it. The District Attorney has to file for re-election at some point, and if he lets a millionaire athlete off for slaughtering this women and her dog, he's not going to get a lot of votes out of that. I see him pushing it to make an example and then he can say he's tough on crime.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 08:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Doesn't matter what the city wants to do. the city has nothing to do with it. The District Attorney has to file for re-election at some point, and if he lets a millionaire athlete off for slaughtering this women and her dog, he's not going to get a lot of votes out of that. I see him pushing it to make an example and then he can say he's tough on crime.

That can also easily be turned around him by groups.  A young African American man with no prior record with a chance for generational wealth who's character has been endorsed by his teammates even after the accident makes an extremely poor decision.  He accidentally takes a woman's life.  The DA then tries to ruin that young African American man's life and take away his chance for generational wealth and treating him like he's on his third strike.  

The DA also likely got a wake up call as to how things are going to go when he requested a $1 mil bond and the judge came back with $150k.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 05:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He also had a loaded gun in the car. So even if he has a CCW, he wouldn’t have been allowed to legally carry it while drinking. And due to the horrific manner of how this young woman died, I wouldn’t be surprised if they refuse to cut him a deal at all.

Under Nevada law, a firearm is only considered loaded if it has a round in the firing chamber.  He can have a full magazine in it and doesn't matter as long as he didn't chamber a round.  
Reply/Quote
Okay the OBJ thing is actually fascinating. The Browns restructured his deal the rumor goes and are eating most the contract in signing bonus versus leaving his salary high to try and prompt a non contender to pick him up. The reality is he wouldn't get a ton of targets here, however he does have a relationship to Burrow from the ties to LSU and it could be a way to get his value back up for a trade next year. In reality if he can regain form with this new cheaper contract he could be an appreciating asset the Bengals could flip for a pick in the offseason.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 12:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: Okay the OBJ thing is actually fascinating. The Browns restructured his deal the rumor goes and are eating most the contract in signing bonus versus leaving his salary high to try and prompt a non contender to pick him up. The reality is he wouldn't get a ton of targets here, however he does have a relationship to Burrow from the ties to LSU and it could be a way to get his value back up for a trade next year. In reality if he can regain form with this new cheaper contract he could be an appreciating asset the Bengals could flip for a pick in the offseason.

Odell asked for a trade at some point last season.
In my research the reason why the Browns are releasing Beckham is because of their "moneyball" 
Approach. 
Analytically, the WR position in Cleveland is not one
The Browns will invest alot of money in.
Look.at their recent draft picks, Jones and Schwartz.
Very unexpensive salaries.
The reason why the Browns run alot of 2 TE sets
Cause TEs are cheaper than WRs to pay.
Even Baker Mayfield wont get the money his agent is
Asking for. The Browns want a game manager at QB
Not a gunslinger with a high dollar.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 12:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: Okay the OBJ thing is actually fascinating. The Browns restructured his deal the rumor goes and are eating most the contract in signing bonus versus leaving his salary high to try and prompt a non contender to pick him up. The reality is he wouldn't get a ton of targets here, however he does have a relationship to Burrow from the ties to LSU and it could be a way to get his value back up for a trade next year. In reality if he can regain form with this new cheaper contract he could be an appreciating asset the Bengals could flip for a pick in the offseason.

WR is probably the lowest position of need on the team, and I’d prefer not to have a locker room problem introduced when the culture is seemingly very good. Go let him be a problem for another team.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 01:05 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: WR is probably the lowest position of need on the team, and I’d prefer not to have a locker room problem introduced when the culture is seemingly very good. Go let him be a problem for another team.

It's an asset play, you buy low on an asset with upside and resell later. The whole cultural thing, Joe Burrow can text him right now and know if he is down or not. The guy was literally handing Burrow hands full of money a few years ago after the LSU win, I am sure they talk.

If OBJ says not interested don't put the claim in but a move like that could create draft capital next year we may need to fill some holes. 
Reply/Quote