Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
some positive feedback, Higgins
Some high praise for Higgins from the NFL website.

https://www.nfl.com/news/cowboys-ceedee-lamb-broncos-jerry-jeudy-among-wide-receivers-set-for-year-2-brea

Tee Higgins
Cincinnati Bengals
Year 1: 16 games | 108 targets | 67 rec. | 908 yds | 6 TDs

After just one season, Higgins is already one of my favorite receivers in the NFL. The rangy playmaker is so much fun to watch. He has a long wingspan and shows similarities to ex-Bengal A.J. Green, who the team let walk this offseason in part due to Higgins' promising rookie campaign, in which he led the team in receiving yards and TDs. With a confident Joe Burrow back from injury and rookie Ja'Marr Chase playing opposite Higgins, I see a huge leap in Higgins' numbers this fall. The former Clemson standout is just scratching the surface and still has room to grow, having not yet fully filled out physically at 22 years old. Higgins at this stage reminds me a lot of my former teammate Calvin Johnson, who was a threat early in his career but then transitioned into Megatron after putting in time in the weight room. Johnson's transformation into a dominant WR is a big reason he's getting enshrined into the Pro Football Hall of Fame this weekend.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 11:54 AM)motoarch Wrote: Some high praise for Higgins from the NFL website.

https://www.nfl.com/news/cowboys-ceedee-lamb-broncos-jerry-jeudy-among-wide-receivers-set-for-year-2-brea

Tee Higgins
Cincinnati Bengals

After just one season, Higgins is already one of my favorite receivers in the NFL. The rangy playmaker is so much fun to watch. He has a long wingspan and shows similarities to ex-Bengal A.J. Green, who the team let walk this offseason in part due to Higgins' promising rookie campaign, in which he led the team in receiving yards and TDs. With a confident Joe Burrow back from injury and rookie Ja'Marr Chase playing opposite Higgins, I see a huge leap in Higgins' numbers this fall. The former Clemson standout is just scratching the surface and still has room to grow, having not yet fully filled out physically at 22 years old. Higgins at this stage reminds me a lot of my former teammate Calvin Johnson, who was a threat early in his career but then transitioned into Megatron after putting in time in the weight room. Johnson's transformation into a dominant WR is a big reason he's getting enshrined into the Pro Football Hall of Fame this weekend.
Love Higgins!   I wanted us to draft him very badly in round 2.   When the pick was getting closer, I was banging the drum for either Tee Higgins or Laviska Shenault.   Love when they pick the guys you hope for.  
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 11:54 AM)motoarch Wrote: Some high praise for Higgins from the NFL website.

Tee Higgins
Cincinnati Bengals

I don't know if Tee can gain THAT much muscle and keep up his speed but he gained some this Offseason and definitely 
seems much quicker in and out of his breaks so it isn't impossible. If there was a Megatron that came out lately my money 
is on that guy that went to the Falcons before Chase. TE/WR but more of a WR with great size, speed and hands.

I actually like the AJ Green comparison a little more for Tee.
Reply/Quote