Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sooo... Ticket refunds or no?
Since the game was a "no contest" then it technically wasn't played. Are we going to hear about our ticket money for the game being refunded? Or is that just another part where Bengals fans are going to get screwed?
Reply/Quote
Nothing 100% confirmed but here is some recent info on the topic.

https://www.wcpo.com/sports/football/bengals/bengals-bills-game-cancellation-will-fans-get-refunds

Quote:Attorney and sports law professor Michael McCann explained what the policy is in the event of a cancellation:

"Ticket holders will be entitled to a refund is the quick sort of answer," he said. "The Bengals ticket policy, just like other teams, contemplates a cancellation. And that's not unusual for any sort of venue to have a cancellation policy."

He said the refund will be the face value of the ticket.

"Now, some people are going to say, 'Well, I didn't buy my tickets with the Bengals, I bought them through some ticket provider,'" McCann said. "They would then have to check the policy with that ticket provider."

https://www.wlwt.com/article/sports-betting-and-ticket-refunds-after-bengals-bills-game/42412275

Quote:After speaking with several sources close with the Bengals, we believe the tickets purchased through the team will be refunded.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 10:59 AM)ChaseThis Wrote: Since the game was a "no contest" then it technically wasn't played. Are we going to hear about our ticket money for the game being refunded? Or is that just another part where Bengals fans are going to get screwed?

Tickets purchased directly through the team will probably be refunded. If the tickets were purchased through a 3rd party, like SeatGeek or something, I am not sure. If they do refunds, it would be for face value probably, not what you paid. Travel expenses wouldn't be covered, either. 
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 11:11 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Tickets purchased directly through the team will probably be refunded. If the tickets were purchased through a 3rd party, like SeatGeek or something, I am not sure. If they do refunds, it would be for face value probably, not what you paid. Travel expenses wouldn't be covered, either.

This is always the kicker for me. I know in Europe where consumer rights on this front are maybe better protected (I'm not 100% sure though, don't know enough about US policies on this), I'd be confident of my ticket being refunded in full, or an alternative equivalent provided. But it never accounts for the money you wasted on travel/hotel/whatever.

I know people went on that flight, stayed in that hotel.... so got what they paid for. But they'd never have booked those things if they'd have known the game gets cancelled. Not saying people should be due compensation on those elements, just a sucky kind of situation I guess.
Reply/Quote
There's no way they are compensating for air travel and hotels. They do not compensate for that when they cancel concerts, why would they for a football game. And tickets will be refunded at face value, because that is the value. If someone paid scalper prices on stub hub or such, they'll have to eat it.
Reply/Quote
They actually just posted information on the Bengals website:
Will I be refunded if I purchased tickets to the game?

If you are a Season Ticket Member:
Your tickets, along with your parking, will automatically be credited to your account. There is no action required by you. The amount credited to your account will automatically be applied to your next Bengals invoice i.e. potential home playoff games or 2023 Season Ticket renewals. If you prefer a refund instead of an account credit, click here.
If you are a Season Ticket Member and resold your tickets through Ticketmaster:
Your tickets, along with your parking, will automatically be credited to your account. There is no action required by you. The amount credited to your account will automatically be applied to your next Bengals invoice i.e. potential home playoff games or 2023 Season Ticket renewals. If you prefer a refund instead of an account credit, click here.
Please note: Ticketmaster will reverse the resale transaction of your tickets because you resold your tickets to the CIN-BUF game. This may take several business days.
If you purchased single game tickets:
The price of your tickets, any related fees, along with your Bengals parking (if applicable), will automatically be refunded back to the payment method used when you purchased your tickets. There is no action required by you.
If you purchased single game tickets and resold your tickets through Ticketmaster:
Prior to processing your refund, Ticketmaster will reverse the resale transaction of your tickets because you resold your tickets to the CIN-BUF game. This may take several business days. After the resale reversal has been processed, the price of your tickets, any related fees, along with your Bengals parking (if applicable), will automatically be refunded back to the payment method used when you purchased your tickets. There is no action required by you.
If you purchased resale tickets through a secondary market platform other than Ticketmaster:
Please contact customer support of the platform where you purchased your tickets.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 11:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: There's no way they are compensating for air travel and hotels. They do not compensate for that when they cancel concerts, why would they for a football game. And tickets will be refunded at face value, because that is the value. If someone paid scalper prices on stub hub or such, they'll have to eat it.

StubHub actually has a refund policy in case of event cancelation.  Iirc, it is a credit worth 125% of the paid price on the person's StubHub account or full refund.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 10:59 AM)ChaseThis Wrote: Since the game was a "no contest" then it technically wasn't played. Are we going to hear about our ticket money for the game being refunded? Or is that just another part where Bengals fans are going to get screwed?

Per Paul Dehner:

https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/1611375634244042753
Reply/Quote
https://www.whio.com/news/local/bengals-share-how-get-refunded-canceled-game-against-buffalo-bills/UPI5DVWNT5FZ5GYTOAZWTPUC5M/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1qmvfcf60kkm2BGQcXFnxQDSjV_0xDjYVPYSLIzOh_h8V1EIKw0VQGZwc
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bengals-share-how-to-get-refunded-for-canceled-game-against-buffalo-bills/ar-AA164Ysi?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=21bb222ccc5a4a56809dd72da54abb99
Reply/Quote
They did already,yes?
Reply/Quote