Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stadium tour...
Part of my being a bengals and nfl junkie is that I love the actual stadiums themselves (my latest thing is trying to replicate old nfl stadiums from the past in detail by using minecraft, this kinda helps me through the offseason). Anyway, my question is if anyone has done the PBS tour, and if so, is it extensive and comprehensive enough to make a 2hr plus drive worth it. Thanks.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 12:28 PM)jjvolt Wrote: Part of my being a bengals and nfl junkie is that I love the actual stadiums themselves (my latest thing is trying to replicate old nfl stadiums from the past in detail by using minecraft, this kinda helps me through the offseason). Anyway, my question is if anyone has done the PBS tour, and if so, is it extensive and comprehensive enough to make a 2hr plus drive worth it. Thanks.

A group of us from the message boards did a tour years ago and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Well your honor, we've plenty of hearsay and conjecture, those are kinds of evidence. - Lionel Hutz
Reply/Quote
Cool, thanks.
Reply/Quote
I've never been inside PBS sadly.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 06:37 AM)magikod Wrote: I've never been inside PBS sadly.

Dude, you should totally go.
I'll go if you will!
PM me.
Reply/Quote
Taking one in a few weeks as part of the STH groups. Did it a few years ago, it's less detailed than the ones that you schedule separately where you get to go in the Visitor's locker room and the bowels of the stadium, but it's fun to go out on the field, especially if you have kids. I'm curious to see the changes they've made and this indoor practice area that's been discussed so much.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Only time i've even been in the friendly confines of PBS was a Thursday night game in 06. I was in cincinnati through work but man what an experience considering most of my life I've been in Cali amongst niner and raiders fans. The stadium was rockin' that night against Baltimore. I still kind of consider those years the glory years (don't ask why just do) even though we didn't win a playoff game and suffered through some brutal injuries. Ah, at least I got my Buckeyes and Rockets to fall back on.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2015, 01:18 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Only time i've even been in the friendly confines of PBS was a Thursday night game in 06. I was in cincinnati through work but man what an experience considering most of my life I've been in Cali amongst niner and raiders fans. The stadium was rockin' that night against Baltimore. I still kind of consider those years the glory years (don't ask why just do) even though we didn't win a playoff game and suffered through some brutal injuries. Ah, at least I got my Buckeyes and Rockets to fall back on.

It was after Thanksgiving, and cold, and raining, if I remember correctly. Low scoring too, I think. But, man, was it LOUD.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2015, 04:21 AM)orangeandblackblood Wrote: Dude, you should totally go.
I'll go if you will!
PM me.

Next season I'm hoping to make the trip down from Cleveland to attend my first Bengals game.

I've been to Great American Ballpark at least once a year to see the Reds play. It's kinda a family tradition now.

I would like to see the Bengals & Browns game up here in Cleveland, but they usually sell out/reserve the tickets for season ticket holders.

I tried getting 2 tickets last season at the start of the season and of course they were already sold out. Probably because it's a divisional game/battle of Ohio.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
basically what Awful Llama said. I take my son whose 9 now. Just getting to run and catch on the field with him is worth the drive down from Cbus. Im referring to the season tix holders tour. Ive never scheduled a public tour. But if you get the chance I would go at least once. You see the locker rooms and this year you get to see the new workout facilities.
Reply/Quote
I'm going next Saturday. It will be so cool to get to walk on the field. I've attended over 100 games at PBS and always wanted to know what it would be like to be down there.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2015, 01:05 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: It was after Thanksgiving, and cold, and raining, if I remember correctly.  Low scoring too, I think.  But, man, was it LOUD.

I was at that game.  I have friends that were watching in a bar in Mainstrasse (Covington).  They said you could hear the place rocking across the river.
Reply/Quote
While I have enjoyed PBS, it just doesn't compare to the way Riverfront rocked back during the REAL glory days of the 80s. Man, The Jungle would literally vibrate back then, great memories.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote