Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
startling statistics
On one hand we are only 19 games into the season, but on the other hand 19 games is about 1/8th of the season. I know we will get better, but there are reason for concern

Reds are dead last in MLB in both team batting avg (.192) and BB (46).

Reds are dead last in SB (3) but 4th highest in caught stealing (6). Even very poor running team should be successful on 50% of steals. I only went back 5 years but the worst team stolen base percentage was 57.4 by the '16 Cardinals. They were one of only 2 teams over the last 5 years to not steal at least 60%. The Reds are currently sitting at 33.3%. We may be on pace for some sort or record if we keep this up.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2019, 12:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: On one hand we are only 19 games into the season, but on the other hand 19 games is about 1/8th of the season.  I know we will get better, but there are reason for concern

Reds are dead last in MLB in both team batting avg (.192) and BB (46).

Reds are dead last in SB (3) but 4th highest in caught stealing (6).  Even very poor running team should be successful on 50% of steals.  I only went back 5 years but the worst team stolen base percentage was 57.4 by the '16 Cardinals.  They were one of only 2 teams over the last 5 years to not steal at least 60%.  The Reds are currently sitting at 33.3%.  We may be on pace for some sort or record if we keep this up.

Every game that goes by it's becoming more of a major concern !

The Reds every day starting "power hitters" Votto, Suarez, Puig, Winker, and Kemp have a combined average of .202 with combined totals of 14 HR's and 34 RBI's. C. Yelich has 11 HR's and 29 RBI's himself.

The only guy that's even close to the league leaders in offensive stats is Dietrich with 5 HR's and 13 RBI's and has won us like 3 games by himself and he's got 20 less at bats than the regulars and is still only batting .200

I don't think I've ever seen a team slump in batting last this long ? Our leading hitter is Barnhart at .263 and he has 1 HR and 2 RBI's. If the bats don't come alive soon they're gonna find themselves 10 or 12 games out in the middle of May. They've got a bunch of road games over the next 3 weeks.

They've got to come out of it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They have got to be the slowest Reds team in recent memory and by recent I mean the last 150 years.. Batting isn't much better. It seems both the Reds and Bengals the past few seasons have found new and innovative ways to break into the record books on the negative side of the ledger. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote