Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming off the bye week
I don't believe it is a very fair comparison, but last year the Bengals came off the bye to be destroyed by the Ravens, 49-13. This was the first game of the Ryan Finley experiment/tank job. The lone positive was Mixon's 30 rushes for 114 yards. This was the game that started Mixon's run to AFC rushing champ.

So, taking one positive is that the coaches dedicated themselves to a new blocking scheme and the rushing attack was pretty solid moving forward.

I believe one of the best ways to protect Burrow is the stay as balanced as possible and they don't abandon the run early and send their defense flying upfield every snap to pressure Burrow.

I haven't heard if Mixon will be back, but I am hopeful he returns with a bit of an attitude.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Pretty sure it was 2018 that Mixon led the AFC in rushing.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 09:50 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pretty sure it was 2018 that Mixon led the AFC in rushing.

You are correct, sir. He led the 2nd half of the season.  He did very little the first 8 games...
Reply/Quote
Not to say Joe ever dogs it, because I believe he gives 100% on every play, but he watched Bernard and Perine do well while he was off with his foot. With the new Zac Taylor culture, everyone knows they are replaceable if they don't produce. I expect to see him come out in beast mode.
Reply/Quote
I noticed last night the Steelers weren't blitzing the Cowboys a whole lot, even with rookie QB. And I couldn't help but wonder if part of the reason was respect for Zeke breaking some big runs ?

But ye we need to play as balanced as possible. We've got to have some productive runs.
Reply/Quote
My hope is that the OL is ready, as the Steelers have the best pass rush in the league right now.
3 of their pass rushers have 6+ sacks each: Watt, Tuitt, and Dupree. We also know how good Cam Heyward is despite not having a lot of sacks yet this year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 11:48 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I noticed last night the Steelers weren't blitzing the Cowboys a whole lot, even with rookie QB. And I couldn't help but wonder if part of the reason was respect for Zeke breaking some big runs ?

But ye we need to play as balanced as possible. We've got to have some productive runs.

Yes Tomlin said before the game they thought Zeke would be a focal point for Dallas and so they cane up with a game plan tailored to such.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 11:51 AM)ochocincos Wrote: My hope is that the OL is ready, as the Steelers have the best pass rush in the league right now.
3 of their pass rushers have 6+ sacks each: Watt, Tuitt, and Dupree. We also know how good Cam Heyward is despite not having a lot of sacks yet this year.

Heyward is a beast, did you see that play last night in the fourth quarter when he pushed that guard back with one arm and got to the QB? Our line is going to get a great test this week after Tennessee played like poodles.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 11:42 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Not to say Joe ever dogs it, because I believe he gives 100% on every play, but he watched Bernard and Perine do well while he was off with his foot. With the new Zac Taylor culture, everyone knows they are replaceable if they don't produce. I expect to see him come out in beast mode.

I dont agree with replaceable quote if true does price start over Hopkins.. hopkins been struggling or does bynes get benched? AJ still starting?
Reply/Quote
I just hope they got over their win against the Titans quickly and focused on this game. I don’t want to see what happened after the first win, coming out flat and clueless against Baltimore.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 07:30 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I just hope they got over their win against the Titans quickly and focused on this game. I don’t want to see what happened after the first win, coming out flat and clueless against Baltimore.

Good point. That was equal to landing the hottest chick on the planet and then, "I've fallen and I can't get up!"

[Image: sideshow_jabba_original.jpg]

Reply/Quote
where is the news that we traded Ross? this should have happened during the bye!
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 09:41 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: where is the news that we traded Ross? this should have happened during the bye!

I agree. Not sure what they are doing? Possibly not a lot of interest so decided to just ride it out. 

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 10:57 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I agree. Not sure what they are doing? Possibly not a lot of interest so decided to just ride it out. 

The wishful thinker in me wonders if they kept him just for this game.   Pittsburgh game plans so well.  The hope would be that Ross is primed to break out of his inferiority complex and put such a hurt on the deep that it loosens up the middle of the field.  Then you add him into the Red Zone packages...

A guy can have his fantasies.
Reply/Quote
If we can run the ball we can win. High hopes against that front. But if we can run the ball and keep the armpitts honest
we can open up Play Action and Burrow shouldn't be hit as much. Think this is key on Offense agree.

On Defense we need to stop the run or we will lose IMO. Need to have some sort of pass rush as well, hoping that Geno
finally gets that shoulder 100% and he can appear. He has been a ghost since he came back.
Reply/Quote