Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
steelers continue to melt down...good
(10-04-2018, 09:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Never underestimate Marvin's ability to lose to the Steelers.  

Out of a cannon? 

A trebuchet.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 08:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: More drama from the douchebags to the East.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/28/antonio-brown-i-cant-throw-it-to-myself/

Ok, the Browns tied them, but technically, that's undefeated.  I want Ohio to go undefeated against piggy and the boys.

EDIT:  I understand this is JN, but this is the only place I post and I like "pooping on them when they are down".

I don't care what Browns do. I am rooting for Indians in baseball.  I hope Ravens smack the snot out of Browns because I'm tired of hearing how great the 2 wins in 3 seasons Browns are.  I wrote the Steelers off after Bengals beat them in 2005, and they won Super Bowl.  I will never write the Steelers off again unless it's like 2012 when Bengals KNOCKED them out of any play-off chances.  I hear Bell coming back. Look for Big Ben, Bell and Brown all on the field in both Bengals games.  Fans will say what is wrong with Bengals, forgetting Browns and Ravens caught Steelers without Bell.   Still, GO BENGALS. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 05:03 AM)kevin Wrote: I don't care what Browns do. I am rooting for Indians in baseball.  I hope Ravens smack the snot out of Browns because I'm tired of hearing how great the 2 wins in 3 seasons Browns are.  I wrote the Steelers off after Bengals beat them in 2005, and they won Super Bowl.  I will never write the Steelers off again unless it's like 2012 when Bengals KNOCKED them out of any play-off chances.  I hear Bell coming back. Look for Big Ben, Bell and Brown all on the field in both Bengals games.  Fans will say what is wrong with Bengals, forgetting Browns and Ravens caught Steelers without Bell.   Still, GO BENGALS. 

I don't mean to say I am writing them off, but I love the combustible environment going on there.  Brown is being a baby.  Piggy is being his drama queen self.  Their offensive line dissed Bell.  Bell dissed the team (and not the hold out).  I just hope they are all miserable Wink

The steelers getting Bell back will be a better team, no doubt, but he doesn't play defense and their defense is putrid.  We are all hoping for big things when Burfict returns.  Their defense has been giving up over 30 points a game since Shazier went down.  They aren't going to win anything with that, but stranger things have happened.  
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 07:09 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't mean to say I am writing them off, but I love the combustible environment going on there.  Brown is being a baby.  Piggy is being his drama queen self.  Their offensive line dissed Bell.  Bell dissed the team (and not the hold out).  I just hope they are all miserable Wink

The steelers getting Bell back will be a better team, no doubt, but he doesn't play defense and their defense is putrid.  We are all hoping for big things when Burfict returns.  Their defense has been giving up over 30 points a game since Shazier went down.  They aren't going to win anything with that, but stranger things have happened.  

Yeah the bad thing is if they pay Bell they won't be able to pay for a decent defense, and we all know defense wins championships.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2018, 03:52 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Yeah the bad thing is if they pay Bell they won't be able to pay for a decent defense, and we all know defense wins championships.

They are already not paying for a decent defense.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 06:23 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: They are already not paying for a decent defense.

Seems like they did ok today. Just in time for the Bengals of course. Jackasses. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2018, 03:52 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Yeah the bad thing is if they pay Bell they won't be able to pay for a decent defense, and we all know defense wins championships.

So that’s why the bengals have no championships
People suck
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 06:23 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: They are already not paying for a decent defense.

(10-07-2018, 07:41 PM)Griever Wrote: So that’s why the bengals have no championships

Hey, welcome back. I’m not sure but I think you two might be lost as you probably meant to post in the Steelers bandwagon thread. It’s amazing how a win can jumpstart a bandwagon, isn’t it?

Reply/Quote

Yeah, that's true. I could only imagine how good the Steelers could be right now even if they had even an average defense.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 07:41 PM)Griever Wrote: So that’s why the bengals have no championships

I would love to see how the defense of the 70's with this offense plays together. They would be unstoppable. 
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 10:49 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I would love to see how the defense of the 70's with this offense plays together. They would be unstoppable. 

Everybody's O is unstoppable against the falcons.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:05 AM)Beaker Wrote: Everybody's O is unstoppable against the falcons.

Yeah, and the Steelers still needed this win though. If they had lost, I would say just play for a top draft pick. Either way, next season they better invest heavily on defense in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:05 AM)Beaker Wrote: Everybody's O is unstoppable against the falcons.

And defenses couldn't stop the Falcon's offense.  Steelers did a decent job...which for them is huge.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 09:50 AM)GMDino Wrote: And defenses couldn't stop the Falcon's offense.  Steelers did a decent job...which for them is huge.

Like I said.  Right in time.  %&**(^^%%
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 09:52 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Like I said.  Right in time.  %&**(^^%%

It's looking like it could be a shootout. Neither defense is that great. I can't wait to watch this one.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:54 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Yeah, and the Steelers still needed this win though. If they had lost, I would say just play for a top draft pick. Either way, next season they better invest heavily on defense in the draft.

They've been drafting the hell out of defensive players.  The problem is the coordinator.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Both Bengal SB teams had good defenses.  The Bengals have no championships because Joe Montana.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 07:09 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't mean to say I am writing them off, but I love the combustible environment going on there.  Brown is being a baby.  Piggy is being his drama queen self.  Their offensive line dissed Bell.  Bell dissed the team (and not the hold out).  I just hope they are all miserable Wink

The Steelers, in spite of how it looks, will not bring themselves down.  They have enough talent to get by on it alone and don't need camaraderie or any of that.  They won't fall down.  They will have to be knocked down.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 09:08 PM)McC Wrote: They've been drafting the hell out of defensive players.  The problem is the coordinator.

I miss the old Dick LeBeau. He was a defensive genius. Mike Tomlin needs to get his nose out of the defense play calls. Let the defensive coordinators call the shots.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 09:36 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I miss the old Dick LeBeau. He was a defensive genius. Mike Tomlin needs to get his nose out of the defense play calls. Let the defensive coordinators call the shots.

Don't get me wrong.  I hope if it is what you say it is that it never changes.  But I sure never thought I'd ever see the Steelers put up 42 points, and to Blake Bortles, no less, and lose.

The Killer B's are being killed by the D(And the killer E ain't helping either).  Maybe they turned it around this past Sunday.  Here's hoping not.

Reply/Quote