Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
steelers drafting a great QB in rd #1
I now see the steelers going w/ the QB out of Louisville ky
Lamar Jackson....6' 3"  205 lbs
has the highest ceiling of any QB in this draft imo...
cannon for an arm & runs very fast....
reminds me of Watson w/ the Texans only Jacksons better...

if the steelers do pick him......shit....
smh....
at some point we're going to have to get a QB like this....
Dalton"s good but not in this high ceiling category where he can change a game on his own.....break off a 80 yard run.....be off balance & still throw the ball 60 yards into a 15 mph wind.....in a blinding rain storm......while blindfolded.... haha
ok...maybe I went too far w/ that last bit....
but you get my drift....
Jackson is scary good....& he could be a steeler next May....
Reply/Quote
Jackson isn't a qb. Way way too inconsistent. Hell be a wr at the next level.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 05:39 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Jackson isn't a qb. Way way too inconsistent. Hell be a wr at the next level.

I think someone takes him as a QB with the bail out he could play WR similar to Pryor. They will let him try for a year or two because they know they can always jus tput the ball in his hands as a returner or WR and get value out of him.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 10:40 AM)Au165 Wrote: I think someone takes him as a QB with the bail out he could play WR similar to Pryor. They will let him try for a year or two because they know they can always jus tput the ball in his hands as a returner or WR and get value out of him.

Yeah he’ll get a shot at QB, I doubt he makes it long term at QB but he is very talented so who knows. He’ll go in the first few rounds and nobody is taking him that high to convert him to WR
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 03:26 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yeah he’ll get a shot at QB, I doubt he makes it long term at QB but he is very talented so who knows. He’ll go in the first few rounds and nobody is taking him that high to convert him to WR

I mean Raiders gave up a 3rd for Pryor, I'd say Jackson is would warrant similar consideration with the WR fallback. The other thing is Vick went in the first with a similar skill set (maybe a little better arm). I'll be curious to see what 40 time he puts up. If it is the 4.3 some project he could get looks because simply speaking, a Qb who can run like him creates a different challenge to defenses.
Reply/Quote
Jackson is too inconsistent with his accuracy. The Steelers obviously want a mobile guy given they drafted the kid from Tennessee last year.

Slight frame and inaccurate won’t last long in the AFCN. Plus let’s be honest they aren’t lying Bell so he is probably gone.
Reply/Quote
Jackson keeps rising....
saw he's now ranked as the 14th best player on the walterfootball big board....

he's a lot like Watson for Houston....very strong arm & can run like the wind...
I now wish we'd of traded A.D. last yr & picked Watson....
could we do it this yr w/ Jackson...? I doubt it....too big of a change....
same w/ trading up w/ Tampa for Nelson...
we'll probably sit tight at 12...Pick James....& that's ok I guess....as we could do a lot worse...

reminds me of the old Chinese proverb:
old thinking won't solve new problems...

ie. sometimes we need to try something different...if we want different results
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 11:17 PM)Steve Wrote: I now see the steelers going w/ the QB out of Louisville ky
Lamar Jackson....6' 3"  205 lbs
has the highest ceiling of any QB in this draft imo...
cannon for an arm & runs very fast....
reminds me of Watson w/ the Texans only Jacksons better...

if the steelers do pick him......shit....
smh....
at some point we're going to have to get a QB like this....
Dalton"s good but not in this high ceiling category where he can change a game on his own.....break off a 80 yard run.....be off balance & still throw the ball 60 yards into a 15 mph wind.....in a blinding rain storm......while blindfolded.... haha
ok...maybe I went too far w/ that last bit....
but you get my drift....
Jackson is scary good....& he could be a steeler next May....

Lamar Jackson should send a nice meat and cheese tray to DeShawn Watson.  A lot of people said Watson was just an athlete and not going to be a good QB (I was one of them) and he rocked the NFL in his limited opportunity.  

I am not saying Jackson is as polished a passer as Jackson, but his physical traits are unbelievable.  

I can tell you this:  If he slides to the second round, I would not be the least bit surprised if the Bengals took him, assuming AJ wins his arbitration case and/or no trade is made.  
Reply/Quote
I fear that the Pittsburgh Steelers are going to draft Mason Rudolph in the first round. This would make me sick
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 12:29 PM)Steve Wrote: Jackson keeps rising....
saw he's now ranked as the 14th best player on the walterfootball big board....

he's a lot like Watson for Houston....very strong arm & can run like the wind...
I now wish we'd of traded A.D. last yr & picked Watson....
could we do it this yr w/ Jackson...? I doubt it....too big of a change....
same  w/ trading up w/ Tampa for Nelson...
we'll probably sit tight at 12...Pick James....& that's ok I guess....as we could do a lot worse...

reminds me of the old Chinese proverb:
old thinking won't solve new problems...

ie. sometimes we need to try something different...if we want different results

Watson is much more accurate than Lamar Jackson, but Watson did have a better cast of receivers at Clemson compared to what Jackson had at Louisville.

I think a more accurate comp for Jackson might be Mike Vick. Jackson is a few inches taller but about the same weight. Both are less than 60% accuracy passers but dynamic with their scrambling/rushing ability.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 04:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Watson is much more accurate than Lamar Jackson, but Watson did have a better cast of receivers at Clemson compared to what Jackson had at Louisville.

I think a more accurate comp for Jackson might be Mike Vick. Jackson is a few inches taller but about the same weight. Both are less than 60% accuracy passers but dynamic with their scrambling/rushing ability.

Vick actually said Jackson is the closest prospect to him he has ever seen. If you draft Vick in the 1st round you are happy, especially with the emergence of run pass options and college concepts in the NFL.
Reply/Quote