Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
"steelers week is WEAK"
I dont know about everyone else but I find it emabarrasing that Bengals/Fans always call this Steelers week treating it lke some sort of superbowl every year when we all know the Steelers treat them as just another fly to swat along the way. It empowers the Steelers and puts more undue pressure on the Bengals everytime. Everygame should be treated as "steelers week". Do you think the Steelers call this "bengals Week"?
Hilarious
Reply/Quote
If you are on social media Steelers fans and players treat this week like "Bengals week" with a little more trolling and threats (look out Von Bell they are out for Burfict like revenge) then the average opponent week so yea, I think there is something there between the two organizations.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2021, 11:18 AM)kalibengal Wrote:  It empowers the Steelers 

Child, please.

Anytime an interdivision rival owns you the way the Steelers have owned the Bengals it is going to put more pressure on those games.  It would be silly to act like it was "just another game".

And our treatment of the week does nothing to "empower" the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
All Steeler week has done in recent years is stock my bosses fridge with Guinness. We have a running bet and here's to hoping I get my fridge stocked for the second straight game..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I refuse to allow you to denigrate the awesomeness of the 1998 Bengals season.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2021, 12:49 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I did a research once and I 'BELIEVE' from 1968-1991 the Steelers were one game over .500 against the Bengals.

The Steeler domination came from 1991 to present.

That's just a non-related coincidence that PB was owner from 1968-1990 and MB since 1991!

There was a year (1997 maybe?) when the Bengals went 3-13 and SWEPT the Steelers!

EDIT: It was 1998...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_Cincinnati_Bengals_season#:~:text=The%201998%20season%20was%20the,Donnell%20was%20sacked%2030%20times.
Reply/Quote
People get caught up in the "mystique" that the Steelers have been good FOREVER. But really, they caught lightning in a bottle with Roethelisberger - who took over for TOMMY MADDOX due to injury.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2021, 01:30 PM)Tomkat Wrote: People get caught up in the "mystique" that the Steelers have been good FOREVER.  But really, they caught lightning in a bottle with Roethelisberger - who took over for TOMMY MADDOX due to injury.

They have had 7 losing seasons since 1972.
They have been to 8 Super Bowls since 1972.

Their players are scum, their fans are obnoxious human beings, and their organization killed a lot of their players by pumping them full of shit.

They HAVE won though, and a lot.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2021, 05:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: They HAVE won though, and a lot.

They've also had a lot of "meh" mixed in, as well, that people seem to forget about... including a 6-10 record in 2003 with Tommy Maddox, who then got injured early the following season... Rothelisberger came in, and the rest is history.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2021, 05:43 PM)Tomkat Wrote: They've also had a lot of "meh" mixed in, as well, that people seem to forget about... including a 6-10 record in 2003 with Tommy Maddox, who then got injured early the following season... Rothelisberger came in, and the rest is history.

That 6-10 record was preceded by winning the division BOTH of the years prior with playoff wins in both of those years too. They won the division 7 of the 11 years prior to 2003, and won a playoff game in 6 of those years.

I will shit on them, their fans, their ownership, etc, constantly and without remorse. They deserve it for being the worst group of people in the NFL. That said, the idea that they haven't won for the last 50 years is a weird one to try and start up. It's not based in reality.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Since the Bengals entered the NFL in 1970 the Steelers have dominated the regular season. They have won more games (487) than any other franchise by a large margin (Dallas 460). Their point differential of +3151 is over 40% greater than the second place Cowboys +2228.

They also have the most postseason wins. (tied with Patriots 36)
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2021, 01:26 PM)Tomkat Wrote: There was a year (1997 maybe?) when the Bengals went 3-13 and SWEPT the Steelers!

EDIT: It was 1998...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_Cincinnati_Bengals_season#:~:text=The%201998%20season%20was%20the,Donnell%20was%20sacked%2030%20times.

I just did another count for Bengals/Steelers head to head meetings from 1970 thru 2020.

Paul Brown - 1970-1990 - Bengals 21 wins - Steelers 20 wins

Mike Brown - 1991 - 2020 - Bengals 15 wins - Steelers 47 wins
Reply/Quote
F*** the steAlers
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote