Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strength of schedule
At this point we have only played 3 teams that currently have a winning record (GB, Bal, LV). The Bills are the only team in the league who has played fewer.

However 5 of our remaining 6 opponents currently have a winning record and the Browns are .500.

I have confidence that we can win the majority of our remaining games, but there are no more weak teams left on our schedule.
Reply/Quote
Before yesterday poopsburg had a winning record.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: At this point we have only played 3 teams that currently have a winning record (GB, Bal, LV). The Bills are the only team in the league who has played fewer.

However 5 of our remaining 6 opponents currently have a winning record and the Browns are .500.

I have confidence that we can win the majority of our remaining games, but there are no more weak teams left on our schedule.

Before today it would have been 6. Pitt x2 and Cleveland. This can change a lot by the end of the year.

We play a team with a winning record this week, but if we win they no longer have a winning record so it makes us look like we have a weaker schedule.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 01:01 PM)Mer Wrote: Before yesterday the poopsburg had a winning record.

That is the struggle with SoS, as you beat teams they get worse. 
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: At this point we have only played 3 teams that currently have a winning record (GB, Bal, LV).  The Bills are the only team in the league who has played fewer.

The Browns and the Ravens aren't good teams. I will stand by that. How the Ravens continue to win these games is beyond me. I legit think the Chargers and 49ers might be the toughest teams left on our schedule. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 01:05 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Before today it would have been 6. Pitt x2 and Cleveland. This can change a lot by the end of the year.

We play a team with a winning record this week, but if we win they no longer have a winning record so it makes us look like we have a weaker schedule.

or next week

We play the Chargers with a winning record next Sunday.  When we win they will no longer have a winning record

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 01:05 PM)Au165 Wrote: That is the struggle with SoS, as you beat teams they get worse. 

I honestly would rather just go by the eye test than SOS. 49ers are playing good football right now. The Browns and Ravens have looked like trash. Records don't show this but it's more than obvious by just looking at how the teams are playing. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 01:08 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The Browns and the Ravens aren't good teams. I will stand by that. How the Ravens continue to win these games is beyond me. I legit think the Chargers and 49ers might be the toughest teams left on our schedule. 

Denver's defense is looking legit.
Reply/Quote
Ravens don’t pass the eye test. Their record does not reflect their talent level in my opinion.

Toughest remaining game will be against the Chiefs, they are heating up and should be playoff ready when we face them.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 01:05 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Before today it would have been 6. Pitt x2 and Cleveland. This can change a lot by the end of the year.

(11-29-2021, 01:05 PM)Au165 Wrote: That is the struggle with SoS, as you beat teams they get worse. 

(11-29-2021, 01:10 PM)pally Wrote: or next week

We play the Chargers with a winning record next Sunday.  When we win they will no longer have a winning record

Yes.  This applies to every team in the league.  When they beat teams it makes their opponents' records worse.

But applying the same rules to every team we still have played fewer games against teams with winning records than anyone except the Bills.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 01:01 PM)Mer Wrote: Before yesterday poopsburg had a winning record.

So did Minnesota. .
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 02:08 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Ravens don’t pass the eye test. Their record does not reflect their talent level in my opinion.

Toughest remaining game will be against the Chiefs, they are heating up and should be playoff ready when we face them.

Winning games in the 4th quarter is a big eye test to me.. this is what the Ravens have been doing... I agree they are not as good as in past years on every given sunday but they still know how to win.. Jackson is a playmaker in the 4th quarter and Tucker is the stud kicker you want to have in the 4th quarter game on the line
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 02:15 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Winning games in the 4th quarter is a big eye test to me.. this is what the Ravens have been doing... I agree they are not as good as in past years on every given sunday but they still know how to win.. Jackson is a playmaker in the 4th quarter and Tucker is the stud kicker you want to have in the 4th quarter game on the line

They have ran off the rails.

They have only scored a total of 3 tds in their last 3 games.  

In the 4th quarter of those three games Jackson has a 49.7 passer rating with 1 td and 2 ints.
Reply/Quote
The Browns might not be the team people expected coming into the season but I would rather face the Ravens in the playoffs than the Browns.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 02:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes.  This applies to every team in the league.  When they beat teams it makes their opponents' records worse.

But applying the same rules to every team we still have played fewer games against teams with winning records than anyone except the Bills.

Played fewer games, but how do we rank in wins against teams with winning records? I know for instance the rams have played 5 teams with winning records...only beat 1 yet we have 2. Also, it's kind of misleading a bit because Pit is .500 and they have two wins against them. It's a semantics play but they don't fall in either group of teams with winning or losing records so we just kind of don't count them I guess?
Reply/Quote