Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the discovered the TE position
Huge day out of the TE room we needed the production with Chase being blanketed.

Pausing a bit still on Irv Smith Jr. Outside of the first drive / TD did he catch a ball? Feels like Hudson and Sample carried the rest of the way.

We will see if this continues to be part of the Bengals arsenal.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 02:41 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Huge day out of the TE room we needed the production with Chase being blanketed.

Pausing a bit still on Irv Smith Jr. Outside of the first drive / TD did he catch a ball? Feels like Hudson and Sample carried the rest of the way.

We will see if this continues to be part of the Bengals arsenal.

I saw Irv catch at least 3 balls including the TD.
Reply/Quote
One issue with Irv is that he almost fumbled again. Other than that, good game. Nice touchdown by him

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 11:49 AM)Bengalion Wrote: I'm not ready to crown Hudson after just one game. 4 recs for 45 yards? Nice, but I need to see more. If you combine Irv, Hudson and Sample's stats into one, our TEs caught 10 passes for 101 yards plus 2 TDs last night, a huge improvement from what we've seen in the last weeks. Maybe we don't need a great TE after all, just try to get Irv and Hudson involved and see what they can do.

That's 68 catches for 765 yards, in a 17 game season.

You need to see more?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 02:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I saw Irv catch at least 3 balls including the TD.

3 for 26 still finished last in production out of the TE room from a yardage standpoint. 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 02:47 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: That's 68 catches for 765 yards, in a 17 game season.

You need to see more?

With the amount of snaps Hudson has seen, he honestly looks very impressive.

We might of found a player here. I know Joe likes him.

(11-06-2023, 02:48 PM)QueenCity Wrote: 3 for 26 still finished last in production out of the TE room from a yardage standpoint. 

Gritty yards though, cannot hate on Irv's play last night. I was really down on him after the fumble in the RZ against SF.

Happy to see him respond in a positive way.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 11:49 AM)Bengalion Wrote: I'm not ready to crown Hudson after just one game. 4 recs for 45 yards? Nice, but I need to see more. If you combine Irv, Hudson and Sample's stats into one, our TEs caught 10 passes for 101 yards plus 2 TDs last night, a huge improvement from what we've seen in the last weeks. Maybe we don't need a great TE after all, just try to get Irv and Hudson involved and see what they can do.

Of course we don’t. Looks it’s fun to have big time receivers, and TE. But with good QB. You don’t need 2 #1 WRs and. Top 5 TE. With burrow accuracy, he just needs someone with hands to be at the spot they are supposed to be at.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 02:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I saw Irv catch at least 3 balls including the TD.

Yes, Smith had 3 with a TD, Sample had 3 with a TD, Hudson had 4 catches.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 02:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: With the amount of snaps Hudson has seen, he honestly looks very impressive.

We might of found a player here. I know Joe likes him.

Gritty yards though, cannot hate on Irv's play last night. I was really down on him after the fumble in the RZ against SF.

Happy to see him respond in a positive way.

Collinsworth also mentioned that like 9 times lol, along with, he's a former QB.

I didn't know about Hudson being a former QB: so he's like Logan Thomas, Blake Bell, etc., it makes sense how he moves and handles the ball.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 02:47 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: That's 68 catches for 765 yards, in a 17 game season.

You need to see more?

I don't need to see more, but I sure would enjoy seeing Hudson, along with the other TEs targeted more frequently.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 02:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, Smith had 3 with a TD, Sample had 3 with a TD, Hudson had 4 catches.

Thanks for the catch numbers Sunset. 10 catches out of OUR TE room? WTF

(11-06-2023, 02:55 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Collinsworth also mentioned that like 9 times lol, along with, he's a former QB.

I didn't know about Hudson being a former QB: so he's like Logan Thomas, Blake Bell, etc., it makes sense how he moves and handles the ball.

No wonder it stuck out to me lol
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 01:08 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Not to be a complete downer, but I don’t expect to see that much production from the TE room rest of season. Some people thought the running game was finally good after SF, but it came back down to earth against Buffalo.
I think you are correct, but I think it'll be because of "who we are playing" week to week. The Bills were missing key LBs and a safety if I'm not mistaken, so it made sense to gameplan a bit for that and attack that. There may be a game or two where they involve them in the passing gameplan more than other weeks, and I hope they continue to deliver when called upon!
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 03:27 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I think you are correct, but I think it'll be because of "who we are playing" week to week. The Bills were missing key LBs and a safety if I'm not mistaken, so it made sense to gameplan a bit for that and attack that. There may be a game or two where they involve them in the passing gameplan more than other weeks, and I hope they continue to deliver when called upon!

Maybe we could see more of the same versus the Texans, Cade Otten had 6 catches with 2 TDs for the Buccaneers yesterday?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

I believe all 4 of his catches went for 1st downs though,
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 02:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I will say this: it was alot harder on my heart not having the plays spoiled for me in the Discord chat.

I'm not gonna lie... I actually like having the plays spoiled for me, especially when something GOOD happens.

*To those wondering - when we talk about plays being "spoiled" - some people in the discord chat (like pally) are 10-15 seconds ahead of everyone else, due to the nature of their signal (over the air TV versus internet, cable, satellite) not being delayed.  Therefore they can type the outcome of a crucial situation before the rest of us see the play on TV, monitor, etc.
Reply/Quote
TE position, discovered by... the Hilarious

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 02:46 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: One issue with Irv is that he almost fumbled again. Other than that, good game. Nice touchdown by him

You are right the TD was nice but then he had that drop or fumble.  I cant remember which one it was but I do remember he had a throw to him where he either dropped it or caught it, lost it then fell on it.   Irv still needs to work on catching the ball and securing it.
Reply/Quote
Hudson showed why it was a good idea to sign him to the 53 man roster. Made some clutch catches and 1st downs
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 04:33 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: You are right the TD was nice but then he had that drop or fumble.  I cant remember which one it was but I do remember he had a throw to him where he either dropped it or caught it, lost it then fell on it.   Irv still needs to work on catching the ball and securing it.

he caught a short pass and then it was punched out before he took enough steps for it to be considered a fumble

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
I think Hudson is the best pass catcher of the 3 TE.
Reply/Quote