Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the new ju ju is nice
Isnt is a great feeling now that this team is the one finally getting "those key plays " that make the difference in games unlike in the past with ML?
They have exorsized (check spell) some many of those demons in the last 2 yrs and its just nice to know we have turned that corner from winning that play off game VS Vegas to reaching the SB to beating the Browns finally and now making more of these key plays to win out these close fought games.
NO more Jeremy Hill fumbles, JJ Watt interceptions at the line or Vontaze getting called for a key penalty to set up a V ....we are the ones now that seem to have the football gods on our side for a change and that Hubbard TD just sealed it for me .
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 05:51 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Isnt is a great feeling now that this team is the one finally getting "those key  plays " that make the difference in games unlike in the past with ML?
They have exorsized (check spell)  some many of those demons in the last 2 yrs and its just nice to know we have turned that corner from winning that play off game VS Vegas to reaching the SB to beating the Browns finally and now making more of these key plays to win out these close fought games.
NO more Jeremy Hill fumbles, JJ Watt interceptions at the line or Vontaze getting called for a key penalty to set up a V ....we are the ones now that seem to have the football gods on our side for a change and that Hubbard TD just sealed it for me .

It is nice.  ALthough Im not keen on playing lesser teams so close like they have been lately, it is nice that the bengals can get that big play that benefits them more often now.  In the past, those were the plays that always seemed to go against us.  
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 05:51 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Isnt is a great feeling now that this team is the one finally getting "those key  plays " that make the difference in games unlike in the past with ML?
They have exorsized (check spell)  some many of those demons in the last 2 yrs and its just nice to know we have turned that corner from winning that play off game VS Vegas to reaching the SB to beating the Browns finally and now making more of these key plays to win out these close fought games.

Oh yeah, it is the turning of the tide. We are going to be a really tough team to play after last night's game too. Not going to face a 
Defense that good until we play the 49ers in the Super Bowl. Those are the types of plays that can spur a team into being a dynasty.
Reply/Quote

Marvin was a good coach and some bad bounces can't be blamed on him. Something that is different that I think is paying dividends right now is the fact we give young players playing time. For whatever reason ML never wanted to play rookies and maybe that was more on the coordinators and position coaches. But it's really paying off right now with guys like Carter and Sample. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 07:26 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Marvin was a good coach and some bad bounces can't be blamed on him. Something that is different that I think is paying dividends right now is the fact we give young players playing time. For whatever reason ML never wanted to play rookies and maybe that was more on the coordinators and position coaches. But it's really paying off right now with guys like Carter and Sample. 

I can't verify this so I could be wrong but it seems that ML also was under the tight control of Mike Brown. You can tell the difference with how things have change before and after. Mike might have finally retired in key decisions. Paycor is definitely not a MB decision.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 07:50 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I can't verify this so I could be wrong but it seems that ML also was under the tight control of Mike Brown. You can tell the difference with how things have change before and after. Mike might have finally retired in key decisions. Paycor is definitely not a MB decision.

agree
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 07:50 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I can't verify this so I could be wrong but it seems that ML also was under the tight control of Mike Brown. You can tell the difference with how things have change before and after. Mike might have finally retired in key decisions. Paycor is definitely not a MB decision.

This could be very true. We never spent in FA like we have since Zac has been here. So something has definitely changed.
Reply/Quote
Speaking of ju ju, is there any thought by the management to have the Bengals go all-white this Sunday? They seem to play tougher in that scheme.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 08:10 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Speaking of ju ju, is there any thought by the management to have the Bengals go all-white this Sunday? They seem to play tougher in that scheme.

I think it psychologically helps us because the zebras (refs) may appear as if they (opponents) are facing more players than they actually  are.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
I thought this was going to be a post about JuJu Smith Schuster saying something nice about the Bengals.
Reply/Quote

Thinking the same, things have changed for the better with Mikey Boy handing over the reigns to the younger family members
and just letting the coaches do their thing. I know I hated on Marv a lot and maybe more than anyone but he was hampered by
Mikey a bit and the FO didn't EVER do an outright DJ Reader/Trey Hendrickson/Mike Hilton type of Free Agency.

Let alone coach up a FA like Chidobe Awuzie into an outright All Pro player. 

Loved the Reggie Nelson trade though similar to the BJ Hill trade.
Reply/Quote