Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
this needs to stop
(08-04-2022, 02:36 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: and also i didnt bring up anything about gay or whatever. other folks in here keep bringing that up. my point was about someone having there whole butt hanging out in whats supposed to be a house of God. its not respecful. theres places where they can do that that aint in a place of worship.

But her butt wasn't out. It was clearly covered by leggings. Yoga pants are more revealing than this and women wear those on a daily basis everywhere. What she's wearing is actually incredibly conservative. Virtually no skin is showing. Just a slit in the shoulders and a small gap in the front of the top.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 02:45 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: But her butt wasn't out. It was clearly covered by leggings. Yoga pants are more revealing than this and women wear those on a daily basis everywhere. What she's wearing is actually incredibly conservative. Virtually no skin is showing. Just a slit in the shoulders and a small gap in the front of the top.

wearing the thong thing is to purpose show of the butt. thats why folks wear them. thats not apropriate in church. i aint for yoga pant in church either. you should be modest and humble in Gods house. not bringing attention to your rear end.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 02:53 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: wearing the thong thing is to purpose show of the butt. thats why folks wear them. thats not apropriate in church. i aint for yoga pant in church either. you should be modest and humble in Gods house. not bringing attention to your rear end.

I think that God is far more concerned that people have faith in him than in what they wear.  Worrying about others' clothing is focusing on the external not the internal.

People who turn anyone away from attending church are more worried about appearances than in worshipping

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 02:57 PM)pally Wrote: I think that God is far more concerned that people have faith in him than in what they wear.  Worrying about others' clothing is focusing on the external not the internal.

People who turn anyone away from attending church are more worried about appearances than in worshipping

modesty, humble, self control. those are things the Bible talks about when it comes to how to dress and act in Gods presence. in a house of worship. its just a sign of resect to show God he is whats important not that you be seen for your wild clothes or looks. thats putting the spotlight on you not God. i also aint for men wearing a bunch of fancy jewlry to show off or bout there riches. that doing the same thing. we are there to worship not put on a fashion show. our eyes should be on God not each others outfits.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 04:58 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, also, Sodom was destroyed because they were violent, evil people. They literally tried to rape the angels that were sent to destroy them. Again, not about being gay, more about the whole violence and rape.

sodom and gomorah wre destroyed for much more than rape and violence. remember the woman were judged to. were they raping? it was the overall wickedness. sex immorality. adultry. rape. lust. indulging on own desires. cruelty to neighbors. violence for sake of violence.

pride was the number one factor. they loved there sin. they loved it above everthing. they made pride and sin there God and thats what they worshipped. they were destroyed for there wicked nature overall.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 03:17 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: modesty, humble, self control. those are things the Bible talks about when it comes to how to dress and act in Gods presence. in a house of worship. its just a sign of resect to show God he is whats important not that you be seen for your wild clothes or looks. thats putting the spotlight on you not God. i also aint for men wearing a bunch of fancy jewlry to show off or bout there riches. that doing the same thing. we are there to worship not put on a fashion show. our eyes should be on God not each others outfits.
God would rather have a gaudily dressed sincere worshipper than people who spend time spouting the rules and regulations keeping people from hearing his rules.  He wants to welcome everyone to his House.  Modesty, humbleness, self-control...is that why so many ministers, of all denominations, end up wealthy, celebrities, and embroiled in sex scandals
 You do know that the same modesty you tout here, is the exact same reason Islamic women wear burkas, yet for some reason so many Christians hate that practice,

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 04:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wasn't it Jesus who taught that we should love all of our fellow man as our brothers in the Lord, and didn't he also proclaim that whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me?

yes but folks tend to forget Jesus also said.,

"Therefore be watchful all the time, asking that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will happen, and to stand before the Son of Man." 

"Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; hold it fast, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you." 

"So be careful, or your hearts will be loaded down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that day will come on you suddenly."

you always need to be doing your best to be worthy and avoid things that that would go against God and put you first and looked at. 
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 03:44 PM)pally Wrote: God would rather have a gaudily dressed sincere worshipper than people who spend time spouting the rules and regulations keeping people from hearing his rules.  He wants to welcome everyone to his House.  Modesty, humbleness, self-control...is that why so many ministers, of all denominations, end up wealthy, celebrities, and embroiled in sex scandals
 You do know that the same modesty you tout here, is the exact same reason Islamic women wear burkas, yet for some reason so many Christians hate that practice,

God dont say to cover your face/ muslims have peverted religion and the Word. also God says stuff like men dont dress like a woman and women dont dress like a man. also talk about hair and respectable clothing. you are putting your owns thoughts on God but he says differnt. he wants modesty and be humble and respectful. i agree that the preachers your talking about are sinful folks and are going against God.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 04:03 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: God dont say to cover your face/ muslims have peverted religion and the Word. also God says stuff like men dont dress like a woman and women dont dress like a man. also talk about hair and respectable clothing. you are putting your owns thoughts on God but he says differnt. he wants modesty and be humble and respectful. i agree that the preachers your talking about are sinful folks and are going against God.

NO...the Christian God says that.  The God that sent Mohammad says something else. The vast majority of Muslims have sincere beliefs and love in the religion just like most Christians.  Should we judge all Christians by the actions of pedophile ministers and priests? the women molesters?  the ones who preach hate? the hypocrites?  or should we judge them by those who genuinely try to follow the teachings of Jesus?

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 12:29 PM)pally Wrote: NO...the Christian God says that.  The God that sent Mohammad says something else. The vast majority of Muslims have sincere beliefs and love in the religion just like most Christians.  Should we judge all Christians by the actions of pedophile ministers and priests? the women molesters?  the ones who preach hate? the hypocrites?  or should we judge them by those who genuinely try to follow the teachings of Jesus?

Small nitpick - they're the same God.

Yaweh, God, Allah - same dude built on the same foundation.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 12:29 PM)pally Wrote: NO...the Christian God says that.  The God that sent Mohammad says something else. The vast majority of Muslims have sincere beliefs and love in the religion just like most Christians.  Should we judge all Christians by the actions of pedophile ministers and priests? the women molesters?  the ones who preach hate? the hypocrites?  or should we judge them by those who genuinely try to follow the teachings of Jesus?

its hard to talk to you cause you bounce all over the place and keep changing what you talking about. 
Reply/Quote
I say just focus on your own worship and God will take care of the rest. It is hard enough keeping myself in line with God. Learn the Bible and be an example, not a deterrent.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2022, 08:03 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I say just focus on your own worship and God will take care of the rest. It is hard enough keeping myself in line with God. Learn the Bible and be an example, not a deterrent.

if you "learn" the Bible then you know we are called to spread the Word to everyone so they can obey and to speak out when we see things that go against Gods way. thats how you set example. by keeping what your commanded to do. 
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 02:34 PM)Leon Wrote: if you "learn" the Bible then you know we are called to spread the Word to everyone so they can obey and to speak out when we see things that go against Gods way. thats how you set example. by keeping what your commanded to do. 

[Image: eskimo.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 02:34 PM)Leon Wrote: if you "learn" the Bible then you know we are called to spread the Word to everyone so they can obey and to speak out when we see things that go against Gods way. thats how you set example. by keeping what your commanded to do. 

more people have died because of Christians "spreading the word" than just about any other cause in history

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2022, 02:07 PM)pally Wrote: more people have died because of Christians "spreading the word" than just about any other cause in history

people have been killed by other people. sometimes using religion as a cover, sometimes using other things as cover. cant blame Christian religion for what people do. 
Reply/Quote