Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
todays injuries
any updates on Wilson, Awuzie and Burrow?
Reply/Quote
Burrow apparently is good to go. Dislocated finger but won’t cost him game time.

Wilson was the one they had me worried, not good seeing him go down.

I also think Tee has some injury issues the coming week. They kept him out there way too long IMO.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 08:29 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Burrow apparently is good to go. Dislocated finger but won’t cost him game time.

Wilson was the one they had me worried, not good seeing him go down.

I also think Tee has some injury issues the coming week. They kept him out there way too long IMO.

With Tate and Thomas being hurt, you had to keep.Higgins out there unfortunately
After Higgins Boyd Chase, the talent level just isnt there.
Pooka Wiliams isnt ready to.be involved in the those 4 and 5 WR sets
Reply/Quote
Major props to Burrow and Tee btw. Burrow was literally wincing after every throw, and Tee was still out there making big plays despite being a little gimpy. Loved the effort from both those guys.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Tee was great. Chase OTOH should be forced to wear a paper bag on his head all week.
Reply/Quote
Burrow seems optimistic his finger is no big deal, but it might be the sort of injury that swells up and hurts like hell the morning after. Hope for the best, but I'd assume there is a wait and see aspect to this.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 08:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Burrow seems optimistic his finger is no big deal, but it might be the sort of injury that swells up and hurts like hell the morning after. Hope for the best, but I'd assume there is a wait and see aspect to this.

It was already swollen as hell during the game. They showed a close up at one point. Looked like a big old sausage finger.

Reply/Quote
Burrow-dislocated pinkie. He says he will be fine and he will be out there next week. I am sure they will be doing imaging to check for breaks or torn tendons/ligaments
Higgins- "tweaked" his ankle...he also says he is fine
Mixon-neck...in pain...this one can worsen overnight as the neck stiffens so this could be problematic but right now all is good
Perine- no update
Awuzie-some sort of foot injury another player heading for imaging. If it is a break or some sort of tear he very well could be lost for the rest of the season
Wilson-dislocated his right shoulder-if it is a simple dislocation he should be able to play next week with a brace. If he did a lot of damage to the labrum or a break is involved it could be longer. They will know more after more imaging
Bailey-injured a shoulder-that's all we know

Am I missing anyone?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 09:00 PM)pally Wrote: Burrow-dislocated pinkie.  He says he will be fine and he will be out there next week. I am sure they will be doing imaging to check for breaks or torn tendons/ligaments
Mixon-neck...in pain...this one can worsen overnight as the neck stiffens so this could be problematic but right now all is good
Perine- no update
Awuzie-some sort of ankle injury
Wilson-dislocated his right shoulder-if it is a simple dislocation he should be able to play next week with a brace.  If he did a lot of damage to the labrum or a break is involved it could be longer.  They will know more after more imaging

Am I missing anyone?

the fans' hearts
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 09:04 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: the fans' hearts

on life support

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 09:06 PM)pally Wrote: on life support

a big laundry list ..we were lucky up to now to avoid major injury bug but now our depth will be the big factor it seems....
good news Pitt just barely beat Balt
the niners game is going be a slugfest....I just pray we at least have Reif and Hopkins back for that one.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 09:00 PM)pally Wrote: Burrow-dislocated pinkie. He says he will be fine and he will be out there next week. I am sure they will be doing imaging to check for breaks or torn tendons/ligaments
Perine- no update
Awuzie-some sort of foot injury another player heading for imaging. If it is a break or some sort of tear he very well could be lost for the rest of the season
Wilson-dislocated his right shoulder-if it is a simple dislocation he should be able to play next week with a brace. If he did a lot of damage to the labrum or a break is involved it could be longer. They will know more after more imaging

Am I missing anyone?

Perine came back in, so he's fine, surely.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 09:00 PM)pally Wrote: Burrow-dislocated pinkie.  He says he will be fine and he will be out there next week. I am sure they will be doing imaging to check for breaks or torn tendons/ligaments
Perine- no update
Awuzie-some sort of foot injury another player heading for imaging.  If it is a break or some sort of tear he very well could be lost for the rest of the season
Wilson-dislocated his right shoulder-if it is a simple dislocation he should be able to play next week with a brace.  If he did a lot of damage to the labrum or a break is involved it could be longer.  They will know more after more imaging

Am I missing anyone?

Burrow, Higgins, Mixon, Awuzie, Wilson and Perrine.

That list is scary and hoping for the best for each one of them.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
What was the deal with Boyd? He went out for an IV, and the announcers said his return was doubtful, then he was back in. Surely it wasn't dehydration, unless he has been sick or something
Reply/Quote
Perine- no update
Awuzie-some sort of foot injury another player heading for imaging.  If it is a break or some sort of tear he very well could be lost for the rest of the season

Am I missing anyone?

Yes, my head. I still have a headache after watching that shit show. I think i might have broken something. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 10:55 PM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: What was the deal with Boyd?  He went out for an IV, and the announcers said his return was doubtful, then he was back in.  Surely it wasn't dehydration, unless he has been sick or something

Had to drop a deuce.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 11:00 PM)Destro Wrote: Had to drop a deuce.

Twin turds? I suppose football players are human too and have to shit from time to time as well.. Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 11:10 PM)grampahol Wrote: Twin turds? I suppose football players are human too and have to shit from time to time as well.. Nervous

It's that, or poop on the field. He would never be able to live down the he shit his pants when playing the worst defense in the league.
Reply/Quote
Injuries played a huge part in the loss. Rief and Hopkins out left two huge holes to fill and they weren't filled well. I don't know how Joe injured his pinky, but I'd guess it occurred during one of those patented sacks compliments of the Oline.. They couldn't get the run going against the worst run D in the league because of it either.. Zac being stupid didn't help either.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Burrow will grind through. I’m more concerned about the Wilson and Awuzie injuries at this point.
Reply/Quote