Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tomorrow at midnight.......
this dreadful season will be in the books........

we will then turn the page to 2018 and a bright (hopefully) future ahead with a new HC steering Mike Browns Chevy Impala...

we then can look forward to the draft and fixing our O-line..

only one more day of misery boys and girls......

2018 WILL BRING US A NEW HEAD COACH AND NEW DIRECTION FOR OUR BELOVED BENGALS....

dilly dilly Who Dey Dancing Clapping
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I am REEEEEEEEEEEALLY hoping to wake up Monday to the headline that Merv is officially no longer the head coach of the Bengals.

It'd be even better if the headline was that Mike Brown is officially turning control of the team over to Katie and the subheadline is Merv will not be coming back as HC.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 12:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I am REEEEEEEEEEEALLY hoping to wake up Monday to the headline that Merv is officially no longer the head coach of the Bengals.

It'd be even better if the headline was that Mike Brown is officially turning control of the team over to Katie and the subheadline is Merv will not be coming back as HC.

Well now....

Stay tuned  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 12:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I am REEEEEEEEEEEALLY hoping to wake up Monday to the headline that Merv is officially no longer the head coach of the Bengals.

Technically, won't he no longer be the coach once the game is over?  Unless he get's a last minute pardon from the Governor, err, I mean contract offer from Mike Brown..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Our FO is lazy. Nothing will be done until last minute, if anything at all. Although, I hope Monday brings good news? You can't blame me for being a little, well, negative Norm!

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 01:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Our FO is lazy. Nothing will be done until last minute, if anything at all. Although, I hope Monday brings good news? You can't blame me for being a little, well, negative Norm!

Well, to be fair, the revolving coaches door can't be breached until the end of the season and people are fired....IF they are going after someone else's coach...
Reply/Quote
Impala shiiiiiittttt......... who would blow money on one of those, it's a Lumina
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 02:26 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Impala shiiiiiittttt......... who would blow money on one of those, it's a Lumina

Hey now I owned a Monte Carlo years ago and it was a nice car...that 3.8 V6 could really fly.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

For this I am praying.
Reply/Quote
I fully expect disappointment. I'd put the odds at:

45% chance that Marv is back.
50% that Guenther or a current staff member is next HC
5% that we hire some unexciting external candidate (including former Bengal coaches).
0% that we get a great candidate and let him build his staff.
100% chance that the Bengals gonna Bengal.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 04:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I fully expect disappointment. I'd put the odds at:

5% that we hire some unexciting external candidate (including former Bengal coaches).

Wh.. Wh.. Why you gotta pelt us with facts and nauseating doses of reality??  Cry
Reply/Quote
I hope Jay Gruden leaves the skins for us..i DO NOT want Hue Jackson back as a head coach...offensive coordinator is fine, but not head coach. Please no..he's a half a step above Marvin when it comes to emotion on the sideline.
Reply/Quote
I wanted Marvin gone years ago when we had Zimmer standing right next to him. Now as i look out on the coaching landscape i don't care anymore.

This is the Mike Brown owned Cincinnati Bengals.

We will be disappointed in the choice Whatever

Reply/Quote
The game will unfold and regardless of the outcome, Lap will ask Merv about it being his last game. Merv will demur and change the topic to something player-related and then end the interview. The next day, the Cincinnati media (Lap and whomever drew a short straw/lost a bet/accepted a dare) will morosely and silently file into PBS for Merv's noon presser. Merv will say they did some good things and need to improve on some other things in the off-season. After :30 of silence some inquisitive scribe will then address the elephant in the room and ask if, you know, Merv still works there. Merv will laugh and make some condescending remark about the press and how they love to blow things out of proportion. He'll then get up and leave the room. Three days of silence later, Hobspin will matter-of-factly report a two year extension for Merv.

I hope it's everything we fantasize it to be.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 09:04 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: The game will unfold and regardless of the outcome, Lap will ask Merv about it being his last game. Merv will demur and change the topic to something player-related and then end the interview. The next day, the Cincinnati media (Lap and whomever drew a short straw/lost a bet/accepted a dare) will morosely and silently file into PBS for Merv's noon presser. Merv will say they did some good things and need to improve on some other things in the off-season. After :30 of silence some inquisitive scribe will then address the elephant in the room and ask if, you know, Merv still works there. Merv will laugh and make some condescending remark about the press and how they love to blow things out of proportion. He'll then get up and leave the room. Three days of silence later, Hobspin will matter-of-factly report a two year extension for Merv.

I hope it's everything we fantasize it to be.

Ahhg!  Dang it Bobby, that ain't a fantasy.  That's a nightmare!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 06:58 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I hope Jay Gruden leaves the skins for us..i DO NOT want Hue Jackson back as a head coach...offensive coordinator is fine, but not head coach. Please no..he's a half a step above Marvin when it comes to emotion on the sideline.

They've already announced Jay is staying with the Skins. And since the Bucs have announced they are staying with their HC, I'm back to hoping for Jon Gruden...
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 09:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They've already announced Jay is staying with the Skins. And since the Bucs have announced they are staying with their HC, I'm back to hoping for Jon Gruden...

Well, it's like Grandad used to say: you can hope for Jon Gruden in one hand and shit in the other, and then shove the second hand in Mike's face as you laugh maniacally.  True story.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 09:29 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Well, it's like Grandad used to say: you can hope for Jon Gruden in one hand and shit in the other, and then shove the second hand in Mike's face as you laugh maniacally.  True story.  

Y'know, that reminds me of something my grandfather used to say. He'd say, "I'm goin' upstairs to f*** your grandma." 

He was an honest man. He wasn't going to bullshit a four-year-old  Mellow
Reply/Quote
Whether Marvin Lewis stays or goes, Paul Alexander better be long gone. His reign of error predates Marvin and retaining him in 2003 was the biggest mistake the Front Office made besides letting Mike Zimmer get away.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 04:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I fully expect disappointment. I'd put the odds at:

Pretty much agree.

This is my take FWIW:

I think Marvin may actually be done, now whether it's a mutual parting, Marvin is just wore out, or Mike finally sees he needs to change ?

Anyways: Most likely outcome - inside hire, (Guenther, Simmons) now that it seems Jackson and Gruden are off the table. Most if not all of the rest of the staff will stay intact. They may change OC's ?

Outside hire - very low chance and if it would happen it will be some uninspiring, cheap, pick. They will get little to no choice in coaching staff etc.

outlier - Marvin comes back, totally wouldn't rule it out.

I keep hoping and praying Mike is gonna retire and turn over to Katie and we'll have some hope of hiring a real GM and coaching staff. It's nice to dream.
Reply/Quote