Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tomorrow at midnight.......
(12-30-2017, 11:43 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Pretty much agree.

This is my take FWIW:

I think Marvin may actually be done, now whether it's a mutual parting, Marvin is just wore out, or Mike finally sees he needs to change ?

Anyways: Most likely outcome - inside hire, (Guenther, Simmons) now that it seems Jackson and Gruden are off the table. Most if not all of the rest of the staff will stay intact. They may change OC's ?

Outside hire - very low chance and if it would happen it will be some uninspiring, cheap, pick. They will get little to no choice in coaching staff etc.

outlier - Marvin comes back, totally wouldn't rule it out.

I keep hoping and praying Mike is gonna retire and turn over to Katie and we'll have some hope of hiring a real GM and coaching staff. It's nice to dream.

If Marvin stays and Paul Alexander finally goes I would call that a win.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Being a fan from Scotland I don't get very much news on our Bengals except whats on here, Has anyone heard anything concrete of Marv leaving or are we just really hoping.
Also can I ask how you start a new thread on here, I've been a member for a while and wanted to start a couple of threads but haven't found out how to yet

Thanks in advance
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 12:41 AM)JWW1971 Wrote: Being a fan from Scotland I don't get very much news on our Bengals except whats on here, Has anyone heard anything concrete of Marv leaving or are we just really hoping.
Also can I ask how you start a new thread on here, I've been a member for a while and wanted to start a couple of threads but haven't found out how to yet

Thanks in advance

Nothing for sure yet on Marvin.

Go to Jungle noise home page and at top right of page there's a little post thread box just click on it and it will open a new thread.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 12:00 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If Marvin stays and Paul Alexander finally goes I would call that a win.

That’s a long damn way from a win.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 12:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I am REEEEEEEEEEEALLY hoping to wake up Monday to the headline that Merv is officially no longer the head coach of the Bengals.

It'd be even better if the headline was that Mike Brown is officially turning control of the team over to Katie and the subheadline is Merv will not be coming back as HC.

I have said for years that Mike Brown actually has very little to do with the team's operations any longer.  Easy punching bag for a lot of reasons, but the team is largely run by Katie, Troy, and Marvin.  They use Duke Tobin and his staff to evaluate personnel, but he doesn't make the decisions.  

There has been a fracture in recent years with Marvin that likely stems from a number of things, but first and foremost was "the transition plan".  Marvin helped develop Hue Jackson as a coach and then he is going to be replaced by him.  Marvin thought he deserved a Super Bowl win with a very good roster, thus the transition plan (instead of doing it sooner) was in place.  Then the Browns interviewed Hue and didn't let him leave the building without a contract.  The players knew what this meant to their offense.  Many opted to go elsewhere even when similar dollars were offered by Cincy.  Marv thought he could still win it without Hue (having already lost Zimmer) and he was sorely overmatched.  The combination of the losses of Marvin Jones, Sanu, Whit, Zeitler, Nelson, and injuries to Eifert when paired with a less-than-stellar coaching staff spelled about 6 wins and that is exactly what the Bengals got.  

Marvin is not coming back.  No way, no how.  Not as head coach.  I personally would like to see him in a front office spot for years to come because he does know talent, but I doubt that happens now.  
Reply/Quote
The only reason I want to even watch this game is to see Marvin walk off the field at the end. Been waiting for this moment a long time. Keeping my fingers crossed that this is his last game as the Bengals HC.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 01:03 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Nothing for sure yet on Marvin.

Go to Jungle noise home page and at top right of page there's a little post thread box just click on it and it will open a new thread.Cheers
Cheers mate
Reply/Quote