Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
top 50 Big Board
I just checked walterfootball.coms big board....I am not saying they now everything....just using them as an example...
they have OG Nelson ranked #4
OG Will Hernandez as # 39
OC Price as # 27
in the entire top 50 theres one OT in that group...# 18 ND McGlinchey

my point is....
if we want to fix the O-line lets target Nelson in rd #1....
maybe, just maybe we'll be lucky enough to get him....
but I doubt it...I bet he's off the board befor we pick....
so then what...?
looks like we're in no mans land...???
I don't like no mans land....  Cry Violin Hammer Panic

any bright ideas on what to do....???
Reply/Quote
walterfootball has the Bengals at #9 picking OG Nelson....
ND OT McGlinchey coming off at # 14
OC Price coming off the board at 28 to N.O.
3 OT's coming off at 29 Bloom o philly,, 34 Kolten Miller to the pats & Connor Williams to Denver at 38
at 45 the bengals pick OT Jamarco Jones
the OG
Hernandez coming off at # 73 the jets...

just seems to me....we want to fix the line....pick Nelson in rd #1...
some of you may hate this mock....whatever...just saying it's one sample...
Reply/Quote
Whatever new coach wants
Reply/Quote
a few of the other mocks had us picking an OT in rd #1...
but I still think the best pick is Nelson....
one had Nelson coming off the board at #2 to S.F.
Reply/Quote
Nelson is not sexy pick, but we gotta build the oline first n foremost
Reply/Quote
Find out Paul Alexanders personal favs. And take them off our board then fire him
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 10:36 PM)Steve Wrote: I just checked walterfootball.coms big board....I am not saying they now everything....just using them as an example...
they have OG Nelson ranked #4
OG Will Hernandez as # 39
OC Price as # 27
in the entire top 50 theres one OT in that group...# 18 ND McGlinchey

my point is....
if we want to fix the O-line lets target Nelson in rd #1....
maybe, just maybe we'll be lucky enough to get him....
but I doubt it...I bet he's off the board befor we pick....
so then what...?
looks like we're in no mans land...???
I don't like no mans land....  Cry Violin Hammer Panic

any bright ideas on what to do....???

Cant fix it all in one draft. If Nelson and Derwin James are gone trade down pick up an extra second grab price, then in the second get Hernandez. With the extra second get the ball Hawking CB Josh Jackson from Iowa. In the third get jamarco Jones. Build this line from the inside this year get ot next year. If center of line is solid, Andy can step up into the pocket and into his throws. Billy price had a 99 percent pass block effeciency rating this year. Will hernandez had a 99.8 percent pass block effeciency. That is the dream scenario.
Reply/Quote
A OG in the top 5 is almost unheard of.

For a Mike Brown owned team to take one in the top 15 would be one of those things that happens when hell freezes over.

We could probably grab Price early in the second, but that's too high for Mikey Brown.

Jeremy Hill will depart in free agency (as we won't offer him a contract) and we'll probably select a RB with our 2nd round pick. Gotta have lots of 2nd round RBs to dance behind this line.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Like the Oklahoma kid Orlando Brown in first.

Would be fine with Nelson as well though.

One should still be there.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 12:40 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Cant fix it all in one draft. If Nelson and Derwin James are gone trade down pick up an extra second grab price, then in the second get Hernandez. With the extra second get the ball Hawking CB Josh Jackson from Iowa. In the third get jamarco Jones. Build this line from the inside this year get ot next year. If center of line is solid, Andy can step up into the pocket and into his throws. Billy price had a 99 percent pass block effeciency rating this year. Will hernandez had a 99.8 percent pass block effeciency. That is the dream scenario.

not my dream....
my dream is Nelson @ #9
rd #2 bpa b/t OT or OC
rd #3 if we pick an OT in rd #2 then here pick the best Center on the board....
FIX THE O-LINE W 3 NEW PLAYERS....
RD #4 BPA b/t S, DT, or LB
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 07:46 PM)Steve Wrote: not my dream....
my dream is Nelson @ #9
rd #2 bpa b/t OT or OC
rd #3 if we pick an OT in rd #2 then here pick the best Center on the board....
FIX THE O-LINE W 3 NEW PLAYERS....
RD #4 BPA b/t S, DT, or LB

Ur dream is based on the fact that Nelson is the best guard, which is false. And that price will last till Rd 2 which is also false. It's an insanely deep interior oline draft. I would rather draft raquan Smith than Nelson at 9.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 05:50 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Ur dream is based on the fact that Nelson is the best guard, which is false. And that price will last till Rd 2 which is also false. It's an insanely deep interior oline draft. I would rather draft raquan Smith than Nelson at 9.

you're wrong....
Nelson is the #1 ranked OG in this class
supposedly better than Mankins or DeCastro

Raquan Smith won't help us to run the ball....
& that is our #1 problem....
Reply/Quote
I can't get behind taking a Guard with our pick as if he develops...in 5 years he's gone.

I'd rather draft a guy at a position in the 1st Round that we might retain.

I'd be for a Guard in the 2nd or 3rd Round though. But...we have to hit on our 1st Round pick.

I really like Christian Wilkens for us. DT from Clemson.
Reply/Quote
This thread might be moved to where it belongs, NFL Draft..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
in 5 yrs he shouldn't be gone....if he is then that's the problem....not the pick....

our #1 problem is the O-line....
Nelson is the #1 ranked O-line player this yr but we may pass on him....
just seems back assward.....
if that's the case we might as well just draft 7 punters...
then theres no reason to sign anyone long term....just tell everyone.....after your 5th yr option your out of here...
but yet the Steelers sign DeCastro long term....& guess what...? they can run the ball....control the clock...give ben a lot of time to pass....
I guess we just don't know what we're doing...
so lets draft 7 punters....
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 09:19 PM)Steve Wrote: you're wrong....
Nelson is the #1 ranked OG in this class
supposedly better than Mankins or DeCastro

Raquan Smith won't help us to run the ball....
& that is our #1 problem....

Hernandez is better than Nelson. Just throw on some tape instead of just listening to so called experts.... He had a 94.5 grade last year and a 99.8 pass block effeciency. He's the best guard in this class. Hell be an all pro by year 2. And Smith will help us stop tes, but price and hernandez will help us run the ball better than Nelson.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 09:51 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Hernandez is better than Nelson. Just throw on some tape instead of just listening to so called experts.... He had a 94.5 grade last year and a 99.8 pass block effeciency. He's the best guard in this class. Hell be an all pro by year 2. And Smith will help us stop tes, but price and hernandez will help us run the ball better than Nelson.

I you're entitled to your opinion, it's just that nobody shares it.

Sure, he had all of those grades, but against what kind of competition?  I'll take the consensus best OG who has played against all of the big time programs and players on a regular basis and still managed to be considered the best around
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 09:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I can't get behind taking a Guard with our pick as if he develops...in 5 years he's gone.

I'd rather draft a guy at a position in the 1st Round that we might retain.

Bingo.
Drafting another G in the first would be the ultimate Bengal-Bungle move ever. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 02:39 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Bingo.
Drafting another G in the first would be the ultimate Bengal-Bungle move ever. 

No, it wouldn't.

Not drafting the best player on the board would be the Bungle move.

You have no idea where the NFL will be in 5 years.  What happens if the premier spots on the line are considered to be OG and C?  

It's easy, you take him, you have him for 5 years with his option.  Then you have the tag.  That's a 6 year deal below market price.

Lord only knows if he makes it that long.  People act like all first rounders are 10 year lifers in the league.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 03:19 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: No, it wouldn't.

Not drafting the best player on the board would be the Bungle move.

You have no idea where the NFL will be in 5 years.  What happens if the premier spots on the line are considered to be OG and C?  

It's easy, you take him, you have him for 5 years with his option.  Then you have the tag.  That's a 6 year deal below market price.

Lord only knows if he makes it that long.  People act like all first rounders are 10 year lifers in the league.

Yes it would. Spending a top 10 pick on a player you KNOW your team wont keep even if he's poised for a 15 year, 12 pro bowl career. 
We won't use the tag.
We won't extend him.

The rest of the NFL is irrelevant. We are dealing with Mike Brown, who is an exception to almost every rule. 

How long you expect him to play is largely irrelevant to the fact that IF he is as good as the hype says, we won't keep him beyond 5 years. 
We literally just saw this play out. Mike Brown will not pay his guard that much money.
Happened with Steinbach. Happened with Zeitler. Unless Brown gives all control to Katie; who ends up having a vastly different belief system and approach....
It's an exercise in futility. 

When your team is built the way the Bengals are, draft only and no high end FA, you can't afford to sink your highest draft capital into a position that has a shelf life on your team regardless of how good he is. 
Reply/Quote