Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
top 50 Big Board
(12-12-2017, 09:51 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Hernandez is better than Nelson. Just throw on some tape instead of just listening to so called experts.... He had a 94.5 grade last year and a 99.8 pass block effeciency. He's the best guard in this class. Hell be an all pro by year 2. And Smith will help us stop tes, but price and hernandez will help us run the ball better than Nelson.

I'm thinking Hernandez might slide because he's a Right Guard only.

This looks like a good year for some talented interior linemen. Hernandez is a huge people mover if you want a right guard that is going to move people off the line of scrimmage consistently he's your man. If you want someone that pulls or blocks in space he will struggle. Hernandez does fit Cincy as a right guard though.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 04:50 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm thinking Hernandez might slide because he's a Right Guard only.

This looks like a good year for some talented interior linemen. Hernandez is a huge people mover if you want a right guard that is going to move people off the line of scrimmage consistently he's your man. If you want someone that pulls or blocks in space he will struggle. Hernandez does fit Cincy as a right guard though.
It's why I'm so high on Billy price. He can play guard or center at an elite nfl level. Put price as the puller(he did that a ton at osu as an all American at guard before moving to center) and put hernandez as the people pusher. It's a amazing deep draft for interior oline, but ot sucks. Next year it's amazingly deep at ot. So build from the inside out this year and go ot next year. But price and hernandez would allow Andy to step into his throws which he never can because he's always getting pressured up the middle. Would also solidify the run game. But between Hernandez 99.8 pass block effeciency and Billy price 99.0 pass block effeciency we'd be set in the interior.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 03:19 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: No, it wouldn't.

Not drafting the best player on the board would be the Bungle move.

You have no idea where the NFL will be in 5 years.  What happens if the premier spots on the line are considered to be OG and C?  

It's easy, you take him, you have him for 5 years with his option.  Then you have the tag.  That's a 6 year deal below market price.

Lord only knows if he makes it that long.  People act like all first rounders are 10 year lifers in the league.
Question....?
what's our #1 weakness...?
offensive line is WEAK.....
how best to fix it....draft the BEST O-line players EARLY....
who's the highest ranked O-line player this yr..?
OG Nelson....
we can keep him 6 years for sure....

in rd #2 look for the best OC or OT left on the board....
here i'd prefer OC....

if we want to have an improved Offense we have to fix the O-line.....if we don't want to fix the O-line then why even field a team...? what will the team be striving for....? sign junk players & just save money...?
what's the point of trying to just lose games, b/c we refuse to sign the best players...?

if our team makes drafting mistakes, then we should change this flawed approach...
look at the Steelers....in rd #1 they signed Pouncy, then in a dif yr they signed DeCastro....
they KEEP THEM LONG TERM...
they can run the ball & pass the ball & control the clock....
this formula wins games & championships....

why don't our fans see this...?

most ppl should understand most games are won in the trenches....
look at our offense....we cant do shit......but many ppl don't want to pick the best players to fix it...
YOU, have been bengalized....accept flawed thinking...now your mind is corrupted...b/c you are fine w/ this approach....

you want to fix this team...draft Nelson in rd #1 & the best OC on the board in rd #2....
keep them like the steelers do....
it will bring us championships...
or we can repeat our way....& SUCK..!!!!
Reply/Quote
Damn

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 06:21 PM)Jpoore Wrote: It's why I'm so high on Billy price. He can play guard or center at an elite nfl level. Put price as the puller(he did that a ton at osu as an all American at guard before moving to center) and put hernandez as the people pusher. It's a amazing deep draft for interior oline, but ot sucks. Next year it's amazingly deep at ot. So build from the inside out this year and go ot next year. But price and hernandez would allow Andy to step into his throws which he never can because he's always getting pressured up the middle. Would also solidify the run game. But between Hernandez 99.8 pass block effeciency and Billy price 99.0 pass block effeciency we'd be set in the interior.

so your saying in rd #1 we trade down....
to get one of the guys you want...b/c Price & Hernandez are both ranked where...? 20 to 27 ...in that range...
or do you just want to "reach down" & pick one of them....?

why not just take the #1 ranked OG on the board....Nelson
as he's ranked in the top 10 on most boards.....& we pick at #9...
seems like a perfect match....
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 04:30 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Damn

one fewer pressure....
big whoop....

check the BIG board....
what's it say...?
#1 best O-line player this yr is OG Nelson...

but we could "reach down" & pick him....

maybe we can "reach down" in every rd....
try to save money...

the steelers draft the best O-line players they can get....
they win championships...
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 04:43 PM)Steve Wrote: one fewer pressure....
big whoop....

check the BIG board....
what's it say...?
#1 best O-line player this yr is OG Nelson...

but we could "reach down" & pick him....

maybe we can "reach down" in every rd....
try to save money...

the steelers draft the best O-line players they can get....
they win championships...
1. Nelson isn't better if u had watched any tape u would know that. 2. I'll take the guy with a 99.8 pass block effeciency in the second whose better over a overrated guard in Nelson. If Hernandez went to a power 5 school he'd be a top 10 lock.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 06:30 PM)Jpoore Wrote: 1. Nelson isn't better if u had watched any tape u would know that. 2. I'll take the guy with a 99.8 pass block effeciency in the second whose better over a overrated guard in Nelson. If Hernandez went to a power 5 school he'd be a top 10 lock.

But he didn't, so he isn't.
Let's see how the Sr Bowl works out for him.
Reply/Quote
I would rather take a Guard at #9, know they will start and improve the worst Oline in football, even if they leave in 5 years, over some Bust injury prone Bum who sucks and wont play anyway. I don't have to name names of past 1rd picks who fit this mold. You know who they are. What happened when we drafted Zietler? OMG playoff births...... what a concept.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 06:30 PM)Jpoore Wrote: 1. Nelson isn't better if u had watched any tape u would know that. 2. I'll take the guy with a 99.8 pass block effeciency in the second whose better over a overrated guard in Nelson. If Hernandez went to a power 5 school he'd be a top 10 lock.

You assume he would have the same efficiency ratings against higher level competition.

If last year is any indication you had Mike Williams as the next Jerry rice and tanoh kpassamagnon was the next Lawrence Taylor.

Still waiting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 05:31 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: You assume he would have the same  efficiency ratings against higher level competition.  

If last year is any indication you had Mike Williams as the next Jerry rice and tanoh kpassamagnon was the next Lawrence Taylor.    

Still waiting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike Williams will be great. But he'll never be an all pro. And I stand by my kpassagnon comment. But they're using him wrong. They're dropping him into coverage.
And it's not like Hernandez played nobody. He played Texas and Oklahoma this year and destroyed them. He's just to dominant a force In the run and pass game to not take. And yes over Nelson. Nelson I. The run game dosent have the same explode and push u back that Hernandez is. Hern z just kinda stays where he is.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 06:13 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Mike Williams will be great. But he'll never be an all pro. And I stand by my kpassagnon comment. But they're using him wrong. They're dropping him into coverage.
And it's not like Hernandez played nobody. He played Texas and Oklahoma this year and destroyed them. He's just to dominant a force In the run and pass game to not take. And yes over Nelson. Nelson I. The run game dosent have the same explode and push u back that Hernandez is. Hern z just kinda stays where he is.

the Big board is there for a reason....
you can't run from it....

Hernandez is ranked in the bottom of rd #1 for a reason.....
& Nelson is ranked in the top 10 of rd #1 for a reason.....

this is not the twilight zone
it is FACTS....

just b/c you may feel the Earth is flat doesn't make it so....
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 08:54 PM)Steve Wrote:  the Big board is there for a reason....
you can't run from it....

Hernandez is ranked in the bottom of rd #1 for a reason.....
& Nelson is ranked in the top 10 of rd #1 for a reason.....

this is not the twilight zone
it is FACTS....

just b/c you may feel the Earth is flat doesn't make it so....
Lol I don't need it. Just throw on the tape. There's one guard who looks meh(Nelson) and there's one guy who explodes in the tape u can't keep ur eyes off of(Hernandez) and btw more and more ppl think Hernandez is better.
Reply/Quote
I don't get these dudes who want the team to draft scared based on what happened with Steinbach and Zeitler.  Steinbach had a back injury and washed out of the league after he went to the browns and Zeitler was paid the most that a guard has ever been paid(by the Browns...again).  Are you really going to let the actions of THE BROWNS scare you away from drafting one of the better guard prospects in the modern era?  Really?!
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 11:59 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Find out Paul Alexanders personal favs. And take them off our board then fire him

Which ones can bench press a lot and/or are super athletic? Those will be his favorites.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
If you could only get rid of one of these players, whose replacement would have the biggest impact: Russell Bodine or Cedric Ogbuehi?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote