Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trade A.D. to the Bills for ....
Buffalo loves A.D. & they need a QB....
how about .....
we trade Dalton for the Bills 1st & 2rd rd picks this year...# 21 & # 53

at our pick 12 let's draft Lamar Jackson.....
then at pick 21 from the bills pick the top rated O-line player on the board....OC Price, OG Hernandez or one of the top 4 OT's......if we don't get an OT in rd 1 we can still get one in rd 2......
 such as Lamar Jackson's team mate OT Geron Christian or OT from Miss st Martinas Rankin

I just think Jackson is worth it....been compared to a taller, right handed version of Michael Vick...
his speed could change games.....design the offense around him....
alot of ground & pound w/ Mixon & Gio....short passes/ crossing routes, screens, draws sweeps & a few deep bombs to Ross & Green....
& the back up QB now, Jeff Driscoll has excellent speed too.....his broken left arm will heal...

& it's also possible if we don't draft him, the ravens or stealers will....
I don't want to see our defense chasing Jackson all over the field..... :whiteflag:
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2018, 11:59 PM)Steve Wrote: Buffalo loves A.D. & they need a QB....
how about .....

then at pick 21 from the bills pick the top rated O-line player on the board....OC Price, OG Hernandez or one of the top 4 OT's......if we don't get an OT in rd 1 we can still get one in rd 2......
 such as Lamar Jackson's team mate OT Geron Christian or OT from Miss st Martinas Rankin

I just think Jackson is worth it....been compared to a taller, right handed version of Michael Vick...
alot of ground & pound w/ Mixon & Gio....short passes/ crossing routes, screens, draws sweeps & a few deep bombs to Ross & Green....
& the back up QB now, Jeff Driscoll has excellent speed too.....his broken left arm will heal...

I don't want to see our defense chasing Jackson all over the field..... :whiteflag:

I think we could get more for Dalton than that just saying.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Love Lamar Jackson but do not see Bengals doing this per more pressing needs.

But if Lamar was sitting there somehow in 2nd do not know how he could be passed on.

If Bengals did move Dalton then all for picking up Bridgewater in FA and drafting Lamar and letting them battle it out.

Could also add Jaire Alexander if he slips even though I am not happy about his decision to sit out Bowl game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
how about .....

Do the Bills love AD cuz he got them into the playoffs or because they think he's a good QB?

This may or may not be a good idea, but either way, it's way outside the Bengals box.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
how about .....

Look - no matter what you and the AD haters think of him, AD is not our problem.  And regardless of the illogical and ignorant hate that gets thrown at him, the Bengals FO and staff think much more highly of AD, than the fanbase (per Jim O.).  

So I wish people would stop posting this trash because it's just a waste of forum time and space.
Reply/Quote
I think we could more for dalton than that. And I wouldn't take a qb that early that already so much talk about him switching to wr.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2018, 11:51 AM)Stewy Wrote: Look - no matter what you and the AD haters think of him, AD is not our problem.  And regardless of the illogical and ignorant hate that gets thrown at him, the Bengals FO and staff think much more highly of AD, than the fanbase (per Jim O.).  

So I wish people would stop posting this trash because it's just a waste of forum time and space.

slow your roll Stewy...

I never said A.D. was "the" problem did I....?

I love Dalton.....
but as I did say, Jackson has such a high ceiling....imo, it's worth it....

& my post wasn't trash.....& if you don't like my post then don't read them....
problem solved....
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2018, 02:26 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I think we could get more for Dalton than that just saying.

I think so too....
but didn't want to post that we'd get a motherload of picks.....
then ppl would rip me saying Daltons a piece of sh*t & we couldn't get a a 7th rd pick for him, etc, etc....
just thought i'd keep it simple....go w/ 1st & 2nd rds. picks 21 & 53

I was just trying to make a point.....
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2018, 09:16 PM)Steve Wrote: I think so too....
but didn't want to post that we'd get a motherload of picks.....
then ppl would rip me saying Daltons a piece of sh*t & we couldn't get a a 7th rd pick for him, etc, etc....
just thought i'd keep it simple....go w/ 1st & 2nd rds. picks 21 & 53

I was just trying to make a point.....

I get it;for me though if we're going to get rid of Dalton it has be a huge deal. I don't think people realize how much it sucks not to have a good QB.
J24

Reply/Quote
Don't see it happening, but the Bills do have the capital to pull off a trade with somebody. They have two first and two second round picks- numbers 21,22,53, and 56 overall.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2018, 09:53 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I get it;for me though if we're going to get rid of Dalton it has be a huge deal. I don't think people realize how much it sucks not to have a good QB.

in general, I love A.D.
he's always focused, ready to go....gives 100%
doesn't make many mistakes....
but....
some of his deep passes end up out of bounds.....
sometimes throws to A.J. too much...
not a fast runner....& Dalton is never going to get any better......he is what he is....

I just think Lamar Jackson is going to be a superstar in the future....so if we could trade Dalton,  let's do I....& Buffalo is the perfect trading partner this year...
if we can get more....great....if we only got the 1st & 2nd rd picks i'd still do it....
take Jackson & the best O-line player we can get at their 2nd rd pick 53....
but i'm beginning to think now that Buffalo might not trade us...if i was them i wouldn't......if i were them i'd just pick Jackson at 15 & be very thankful....QB's like this are very, very rare....
at the combine he will put on a show & continue to rise up the boards....

but it's such a big change I doubt the Bengals would do it anyway.......they act like it's 1950
the Bengals are just very bland team....ultra conservative....
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2018, 04:27 PM)Steve Wrote: in general, I love A.D.
he's always focused, ready to go....gives 100%
doesn't make many mistakes....
but....
some of his deep passes end up out of bounds.....
sometimes throws to A.J. too much...
not a fast runner....& Dalton is never going to get any better......he is what he is....

I just think Lamar Jackson is going to be a superstar in the future....so if we could trade Dalton,  let's do I....& Buffalo is the perfect trading partner this year...
if we can get more....great....if we only got the 1st & 2nd rd picks i'd still do it....
take Jackson & the best O-line player we can get at their 2nd rd pick 53....
but i'm beginning to think now that Buffalo might not trade us...if i was them i wouldn't......if i were them i'd just pick Jackson at 15 & be very thankful....QB's like this are very, very rare....
at the combine he will put on a show & continue to rise up the boards....

but it's such a big change I doubt the Bengals would do it anyway.......they act like it's 1950
the Bengals are just very bland team....ultra conservative....
Jackson reminds me of Kaepernick; he is more explosive than Dalton but Dalton is more consistent. I could see Jackson working in our system but can he hold up is the bigger question.
J24

Reply/Quote
Lamar Jackson just reminds me of RG3 but not as good of a pocket passer. I think we would of regressed at QB and Lamar
would be out of the league just like RG3 was. I want a good pocket passer if we get a QB in this draft, one that knows how
to move the pocket which i find to be Andy's biggest weakness, he panics too much and does not stand in the pocket.

Mayfield doesn't panic, i know there are a lot of haters on him as well and some call him another Manziel but he just loves
the game and throws his receivers open. He also moves the pocket and can run.

Not a run first QB like Lamar Jackson. Sorry, just don't like the guy especially for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
I really like Jackson, but we're not going to alter the offense for him. We'd be putting a square peg in a round hole. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Jackson remind me of Russell Wilson. I wouldn't want him to run the ball much though...he'd be exciting, but injury prone. I do think he can escape great in the pocket though and extend plays. That's why i'd want him. The elusiveness. The arm strength is there also.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 11:21 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Jackson remind me of Russell Wilson.  I wouldn't want him to run the ball much though...he'd be exciting, but injury prone.  I do think he can escape great in the pocket though and extend plays.  That's why i'd want him.  The elusiveness.  The arm strength is there also.

Russell Wilson is a more accurate thrower than you're giving him credit for if you're comparing him to Lamar Jackson. I actually kinda think Wilson compares more to Baker Mayfield.
Closest comparison for Jackson is Michael Vick. Vick himself even said as much.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000917231/article/mike-vick-calls-qb-lamar-jackson-a-spitting-image-of-me
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2018, 08:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lamar Jackson just reminds me of RG3 but not as good of a pocket passer. I think we would of regressed at QB and Lamar
would be out of the league just like RG3 was. I want a good pocket passer if we get a QB in this draft, one that knows how
to move the pocket which i find to be Andy's biggest weakness, he panics too much and does not stand in the pocket.

Mayfield doesn't panic, i know there are a lot of haters on him as well and some call him another Manziel but he just loves

Not a run first QB like Lamar Jackson. Sorry, just don't like the guy especially for the Bengals.

You are one of my favorite posters but got to disagree. RG3 was a much more accurate passer with weaker arm and Lamar is way more electric. He has a cannon to go with his legs but needs to be harnessed.

Michael Vick is definitely who Lamar compares to with a more accurate arm than him coming out. 

Not huge on Mayfield but that is debatable for sure. 

Lamar could switch positions if he does not make it as QB and he was not a run first QB later in career. But they did run a lot of read option plays for him because he is so electric. On pass plays he does look through his reads yet is able to take it to the "house" if nothing is there. 

Would love to see him as a Bengal if that were our need. But we have Dalton already. Yet if he fell into the second where we could groom him and find out then he is certainly worth the chance. 

Can not set all the records he did without having ability and the names his records stand amongst are some of the greatest of all time. 

Scared to death he will become a steeler. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 02:21 PM)Go Cards Wrote: You are one of my favorite posters but got to disagree. RG3 was a much more accurate passer with weaker arm and Lamar is way more electric. He has a cannon to go with his legs but needs to be harnessed.

Michael Vick is definitely who Lamar compares to with a more accurate arm than him coming out. 

Not huge on Mayfield but that is debatable for sure. 

Lamar could switch positions if he does not make it as QB and he was not a run first QB later in career. But they did run a lot of read option plays for him because he is so electric. On pass plays he does look through his reads yet is able to take it to the "house" if nothing is there. 

Would love to see him as a Bengal if that were our need. But we have Dalton already. Yet if he fell into the second where we could groom him and find out then he is certainly worth the chance. 

Can not set all the records he did without having ability and the names his records stand amongst are some of the greatest of all time. 

Scared to death he will become a steeler. 

You and SHRacer are making me warm up to Lamar if he falls to us in the 2nd. I just think we need a Center much 
more than a QB right now. If we got Ryan Jensen in FA i would not be against Lamar in the 2nd now honestly. ThumbsUp

Just not in the first please.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2018, 08:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lamar Jackson just reminds me of RG3 but not as good of a pocket passer. I think we would of regressed at QB and Lamar

you say Dalton "panics too much"
that's b/c he's being chased by the defense......how many times have we seen Dalton running for his life......
then throw the ball "out of bounds"...
the thing about Jackson is a lot of those plays he an break out & run for 50 yards for a TD.....
those type of plays win games.....

but whatever.....I doubt we'll end up w/ Jackson......I just hope he doesn't sign w/ the ravens or stealers.....b/c w/ his speed he's going to be a threat on every scramble.....& he has a very strong arm.....just needs to bulk up & work on hitting his receivers better.....but he has a very high ceiling.......imo, he's the best qb in this draft.....b/c of his speed...
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 01:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Russell Wilson is a more accurate thrower than you're giving him credit for if you're comparing him to Lamar Jackson. I actually kinda think Wilson compares more to Baker Mayfield.
Closest comparison for Jackson is Michael Vick. Vick himself even said as much.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000917231/article/mike-vick-calls-qb-lamar-jackson-a-spitting-image-of-me

the quote I've heard a lot is he's like a "taller, right handed version" of Vick....
Reply/Quote