Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trade A.D. to the Bills for ....
(02-28-2018, 04:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You and SHRacer are making me warm up to Lamar if he falls to us in the 2nd. I just think we need a Center much 
more than a QB right now. If we got Ryan Jensen in FA i would not be against Lamar in the 2nd now honestly. ThumbsUp

Just not in the first please.

Agree with this as well but not sure we take a center for some strange reason. 

Maybe it is because I have studied and mocked a Center to us year after year only to see us pass. 

Do not believe Lamar will make it to us in 2nd round anyway, maybe into second day but think he will go quickly then if so. 

Hoping we get that Center and at the very least another OL early in draft. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 02:38 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I really like Jackson, but we're not going to alter the offense for him. We'd be putting a square peg in a round hole. 

I don't think it would be that hard.....
he could ride the bench this year, next yr we start Jackson....
won't cost us a lot on A.D.s contract.....

it's not like Jackson's never played football befor......
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 12:47 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree with this as well but not sure we take a center for some strange reason. 

Maybe it is because I have studied and mocked a Center to us year after year only to see us pass. 

Do not believe Lamar will make it to us in 2nd round anyway, maybe into second day but think he will go quickly then if so. 

i'd think Jackson goes no lower than the Bills at 21....
my personal nightmare is he's drafted by the ravers or the stealers.... Cry Cry
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 11:24 PM)Steve Wrote: you say Dalton "panics too much"
that's b/c he's being chased by the defense......how many times have we seen Dalton running for his life......
then throw the ball "out of bounds"...
the thing about Jackson is a lot of those plays he an break out & run for 50 yards for a TD.....
those type of plays win games.....

but whatever.....I doubt we'll end up w/ Jackson......I just hope he doesn't sign w/ the ravens or stealers.....b/c w/ his speed he's going to be a threat on every scramble.....& he has a very strong arm.....just needs to bulk up & work on hitting his receivers better.....but he has a very high ceiling.......imo, he's the best qb in this draft.....b/c of his speed...

Yeah i cannot really blame Dalton with how bad Bodine and the rest of the O-line is at forming a pocket but there are times
when he does panic and bails out of the pocket too soon where he could of stepped up and made a throw. Seen it a lot the
last couple of years and i am a Dalton supporter.

And i agree on Lamar, i am warming up to him in the 2nd round now and don't want him ending up in the Division.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 12:47 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree with this as well but not sure we take a center for some strange reason. 

Same here, every year for the last 10 years or so i have been hoping for a Center somewhat early.

Just hope bringing in Pollack is a change on how we value the Center position.

It is possible, if we had PA back i wouldn't be hopeful at all for this to happen.
Reply/Quote
Isn't Jackson like Geno Smith?

Looked great against lesser opponents in college, but folded against the better ones?

Yeah.

That's exactly what we need.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 05:58 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Isn't Jackson like Geno Smith?

Looked great against lesser opponents in college, but folded against the better ones?

Yeah.

I don't know how he did against say top 5 defenses in college, but the point is valid, that is the true measure in my opinion. Throwing up huge numbers against crappy defenses tells us nothing. Maybe Cards could enlighten us as he knows him best probably.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Yeah.

not a good comparison imo,
he's been compared to a "taller, right handed version of Michael Vick......
& also to Deshaun Watson....
he won the Heisman award in 2016 & was the runner up in 2017...
he will go off the board in rd #1....
imo, he has pro bowl potential.....
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 05:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same here, every year for the last 10 years or so i have been hoping for a Center somewhat early.

Just hope bringing in Pollack is a change on how we value the Center position.

It is possible, if we had PA back i wouldn't be hopeful at all for this to happen.

I too also hope for a Center early in all our drafts but we never do it..... Cry
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2018, 11:59 PM)Steve Wrote: Buffalo loves A.D. & they need a QB....
how about .....
we trade Dalton for the Bills 1st & 2rd rd picks this year...# 21 & # 53

at our pick 12 let's draft Lamar Jackson.....
then at pick 21 from the bills pick the top rated O-line player on the board....OC Price, OG Hernandez or one of the top 4 OT's......if we don't get an OT in rd 1 we can still get one in rd 2......
 such as Lamar Jackson's team mate OT Geron Christian or OT from Miss st Martinas Rankin

I just think Jackson is worth it....been compared to a taller, right handed version of Michael Vick...
his speed could change games.....design the offense around him....
alot of ground & pound w/ Mixon & Gio....short passes/ crossing routes, screens, draws sweeps & a few deep bombs to Ross & Green....
& the back up QB now, Jeff Driscoll has excellent speed too.....his broken left arm will heal...

& it's also possible if we don't draft him, the ravens or stealers will....
I don't want to see our defense chasing Jackson all over the field..... :whiteflag:
In between Boomer and Palmer, we went through Klingler, Akili, O'Donnel, Mitchel, etc., searching for a QB. Similar to all other Teams who are searching for one, our record for that stretch was dismal.

We were lucky to get Dalton and have the staff to develop him. So, I don't think trading Dalton without a real alternative is not something the Team would pursue.

With Green playing maybe another 3-4 years, I don't see how a QB change would make sense.   
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 01:28 PM)XsandOs Wrote: With Green playing maybe another 3-4 years, I don't see how a QB change would make sense.   

I do. AD is not the most accurate passer in the league that's for sure. He lacks patience in the pocket (rightfully so with this OL) and has always been a play killer instead of a play extender. If we were to nail down a accurate QB and improve the quality of the throws, this would only help Green and the other WR's. 

Reply/Quote

Yeah.

He played incredible against Clemson the year they won the NC. 

Outplayed DeShaun Watson by a long shot in game that Cards should have won at Clemson. 

But the guy holding first down marker held it two yards short and faked James Quick into running out of bounds short when he could have lunged for end zone. 

Also crushed Texas AM in bowl game setting many records. 

True about some of the other big games though, but that has way more to do with Louisville having no offensive line at all his entire career. Which I think says a lot being he was a one man team with no OL and still could not be stopped. 

He is a freak

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
But we have a QB and do not need to reach right now.

If he falls into 2nd he would be hard to pass up though.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 03:18 PM)Go Cards Wrote: He played incredible against Clemson the year they won the NC. 

Outplayed DeShaun Watson by a long shot in game that Cards should have won at Clemson. 

But the guy holding first down marker held it two yards short and faked James Quick into running out of bounds short when he could have lunged for end zone. 

Also crushed Texas AM in bowl game setting many records. 

True about some of the other big games though, but that has way more to do with Louisville having no offensive line at all his entire career. Which I think says a lot being he was a one man team with no OL and still could not be stopped. 

He is a freak

Fair enough.

I was going by memory and hadn't broken it down from game to game performances.

After looking back at them he doesn't seem to be a Geno Smith type player.

I just remember how hyped Smith was, and a few games I watched of him playing more competitive teams he withered.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 02:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I do. AD is not the most accurate passer in the league that's for sure. He lacks patience in the pocket (rightfully so with this OL) and has always been a play killer instead of a play extender. If we were to nail down a accurate QB and improve the quality of the throws, this would only help Green and the other WR's. 

Although I'm still waiting for Dalton to hit green at full stride on a deep ball, Andy's strengths coming into the league were short to intermediate accuracy and quick release.

Gruden and Jackson utilized that and Green had some good years. The issue with Dalton is the loss of Gruden, Jackson, Jones and Sanu. The O-Line gave up the same number of sacks in 2017 compared to 2016, when Whitworth and Zeitler were here. We need an OC......

Bengals have historically been hard headed and "patient" with their high picks. I think they feel that Cedric and Fisher will pan out. These guys will most likely start next year and play out their rookie deals.

Given that they feel they have retooled the D-Line, O-Line, Secondary, WR and RB positions since the 12-4 season, a QB change at this time would set them back at least a year or two - and maybe much more if the guy doesn't work out.

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 05:15 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Although I'm still waiting for Dalton to hit green at full stride on a deep ball, Andy's strengths coming into the league were short to intermediate accuracy and quick release.

Gruden and Jackson utilized that and Green had some good years. The issue with Dalton is the loss of Gruden, Jackson, Jones and Sanu. The O-Line gave up the same number of sacks in 2017 compared to 2016, when Whitworth and Zeitler were here. We need an OC......

Bengals have historically been hard headed and "patient" with their high picks. I think they feel that Cedric and Fisher will pan out. These guys will most likely start next year and play out their rookie deals.

Given that they feel they have retooled the D-Line, O-Line, Secondary, WR and RB positions since the 12-4 season, a QB change at this time would set them back at least a year or two - and maybe much more if the guy doesn't work out.

I agree about Dalton and the QB situation. We would be going into full rebuild mode if we grabbed a QB.

This isn't going to happen.

Og and Fisher better EARN the starting spots if they start is all i can say. We need competition at both Tackle spots and let
the best ones win out. This should be said about all the positions on the team and honestly was a huge reason why i never
liked Paul Alexander, he played favorites and his favorites lots of times blew.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 02:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree about Dalton and the QB situation. We would be going into full rebuild mode if we grabbed a QB.

This isn't going to happen.

Og and Fisher better EARN the starting spots if they start is all i can say. We need competition at both Tackle spots and let
the best ones win out. This should be said about all the positions on the team and honestly was a huge reason why i never
liked Paul Alexander, he played favorites and his favorites lots of times blew.
Agreed!
After having gone through Tom, Dick and Harry between Boomer and Palmer, letting Dalton go without a viable replacement isn't something realistic.
Reply/Quote