Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trade rumor
(10-24-2019, 02:48 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: More speculation...but I doubt Mike Brown will do anything with any of these players...

I trade each and every one of those guys for a fair return. Even Mixon. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 02:49 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I trade each and every one of those guys for a fair return. Even Mixon. 

What in the world gives you so much faith in our ability to draft?

Mixon was a steal in the second round.  Chances of trading for a pick and upgrading him are almost zero.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 03:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What in the world gives you so much faith in our ability to draft?

Mixon was a steal in the second round.  Chances of trading for a pick and upgrading him are almost zero.

Fred's kind of on-point here.

Could the 2019 draft turn out to be a solid draft class down the road?  Absolutely.  But where it stands now, I don't think any of the guys we drafted have made serious contributions this season. Right now, Taylor's first draft is feeling like a pretty big whiff, and we're already seeing the ramifications of that. It doesn't exactly inspire confidence for next year's draft, especially if this guy might play a significant hand in selecting our next franchise QB.    
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
We're in a No Win situation. Basically we don't draft well lately...and don't sign impact free agents.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 10:50 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And just for the record I’m not sure Mixon would have all that many suitors right now either.

What?
Mixon is a 3 down back and very gifted natural runner.
They know his numbers a bad cause of where he is and he keeps running into brick walls here with this OLine.

KC would be jumping for Joy to have a chance at him.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 03:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What in the world gives you so much faith in our ability to draft?

In fairness, Mixon has made no bones about wanting a huge contract next year and he's frankly sucked this year and was nothing special his rookie year.  Do.yoi want bto pay $15 mil a year for him to keep producing like he has this year?
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 12:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But we’re not going to lose him for nothing. He’s made it perfectly clear he wants to re-sign here.

No way I trade him for a 3rd. I’d want at least a 1st if a season and a half of Sanu is worth a 2nd.

There is really no incentive to trade him for a 3rd so whoever tweeted that is an idiot. A late third rounder this year vs a late third comp pick next year? At that point might as well keep him and just try to re-sign him
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 04:35 PM)Whatever Wrote: In fairness, Mixon has made no bones about wanting a huge contract next year and he's frankly sucked this year and was nothing special his rookie year.  Do.yoi want bto pay $15 mil a year for him to keep producing like he has this year?

1.  Mixon's lack of production this year is not his fault.

2.  The highest paid RB in the league (Elliott) makes $15 million a year.  No way in hell any team is going to pay Mixon that much.  The 7th highest paid RB makes HALF that much.

3.  I believe in paying good players to keep them here.  Aren't you one of the people who complain about Mike Brown being too cheap to keep our top players here?

4.  Bengals have a poor record of drafting, so chances are we would not be able to replace Mixon with any pick we would get in trade.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 04:24 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: What?
Mixon is a 3 down back and very gifted natural runner.
They know his numbers a bad cause of where he is and he keeps running into brick walls here with this OLine.

KC would be jumping for Joy to have a chance at him.

I’ll ask again, since nobody has answered me, when’s the last time a team traded for a big name RB?

Maybe it does happen more often than I’m remembering, but I can’t think of any in recent years.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 06:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’ll ask again, since nobody has answered me, when’s the last time a team traded for a big name RB?

Maybe it does happen more often than I’m remembering, but I can’t think of any in recent years.

when has it needed to?   We went from Dillion to Rudi to Benson to Hill and Gio and now have mixon… All held up pretty well during their time here.

Last RB I can remember a straight trade for was Brian Leonard who became mr 3rd down for a bit... So that was a positive move for us.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 06:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’ll ask again, since nobody has answered me, when’s the last time a team traded for a big name RB?

Off the top of my head DeMarco Murray from Eagles to Titans in '16.

**after research**

Texans traded a third round pick for Duke Johnson this year and also traded  for Carlos Hyde.

Saints traded Adrian Petterson to the Cards in '17.

Bills traded Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy in 2016.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 06:08 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: when has it needed to?   We went from Dillion to Rudi to Benson to Hill and Gio and now have mixon… All held up pretty well during their time here.

Last RB I can remember a straight trade for was Brian Leonard who became mr 3rd down for a bit... So that was a positive move for us.

I’m not talking about just the Bengals. I said I don’t think we’d get that many offers for our struggling RB (who I’m a big fan of just to clarify), and asked for some examples of teams recently trading for one.

There’s the old mentality that RB’s are a “dime a dozen” in some people’s minds. Granted, not everyone believes that, as evidenced by Zeke’s contract.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 06:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Off the top of my head DeMarco Murray from Eagles to Titans in '16.

Hmm...the Eagles just reminded me about Shady McCoy as well. I’m sure there’s a few, but I stand by my point that it doesn’t seem to happen often.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 06:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m not talking about just the Bengals. I said I don’t think we’d get that many offers for our struggling RB (who I’m a big fan of just to clarify), and asked for some examples of teams recently trading for one.

There’s the old mentality that RB’s are a “dime a dozen” in some people’s minds. Granted, not everyone believes that, as evidenced by Zeke’s contract.

there is special talent at RB.... but the some of the best dudes were just guys that could stay health and pound the rock..

when these high paid stars go down hurt and some unknown comes in and out does them.... It make it hard to believe RB is a spot you must invest that money into...  for instance.. If Rodney Anderson and the other guy  were healthy and still playing as well as they started the preseason... We could just roll with them for the next few years and open up that cap space.

but a lot of that is playcalling design and OL too....    

Was it last year rams called in dude off the street? and didn't have much drop off from gurley.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 04:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.  Mixon's lack of production this year is not his fault.

2.  The highest paid RB in the league (Elliott) makes $15 million a year.  No way in hell any team is going to pay Mixon that much.  The 7th highest paid RB makes HALF that much.

3.  I believe in paying good players to keep them here.  Aren't you one of the people who complain about Mike Brown being too cheap to keep our top players here?

4.  Bengals have a poor record of drafting, so chances are we would not be able to replace Mixon with any pick we would get in trade.
1.The OL sucks, but Mixon compounds the issues by trying to bounce everything outside and getting stuffed instead of taking 2 yard gains.  He also hasn't looked good in pass pro and isn't a great receiving threat.  He is not playing well, either.

2.Mixon is on record as saying that RB's are underpaid as a position group.  That's the same thing LeVeon Bell said when he fought the franchise tag.  You can very well be looking at a Melvin Gordon type situation next year if they don't cave to his demands.

3.I don't complain about player retention that much.  Fact is, Mixon is a one year wonder until he proves otherwise.  Everybody thought Jeremy Hill was the second coming of Corey Dillon for a minute.  You going to give Lawson a fat extension based off his rookie year?  I don't have an issue giving a guy what they're worth, but breaking the bank for a guy who had a good year last year and sucks this year isn't that.

4.They drafted him, didn't they?  If your drafting sucks, you address the fact that your drafting sucks.  You don't not make trades for draft picks.  That's the same logic they applied to FA.  They brought in some big names and got burned, so they just stopped trying.

Make no mistake, I'm not calling around trying to move him, but with his poor performance this year and the reasonable chance he misses games with a prolonged holdout next year, if someone calls about him I'd entertain it.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 06:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote:    

Was it last year rams called in dude off the street? and didn't have much drop off from gurley.

The guy they signed (C.J. Anderson) had gained over 1000 yards the year before in Denver.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 06:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The guy they signed (C.J. Anderson) had gained over 1000 yards the year before in Denver.

Yes he did. However, they got lucky with that one because he was unreliable in a lot of cases.

Reply/Quote
Mixon “isn’t much of a receiving threat” ok...

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 06:41 PM)Whatever Wrote: 1.The OL sucks, but Mixon compounds the issues by trying to bounce everything outside and getting stuffed instead of taking 2 yard gains.  He also hasn't looked good in pass pro and isn't a great receiving threat.  He is not playing well, either.

True. Jeremy Hill did these same things after he had a good year, then all the sudden he was unproductive.

Quote:2.Mixon is on record as saying that RB's are underpaid as a position group.  That's the same thing LeVeon Bell said when he fought the franchise tag.  You can very well be looking at a Melvin Gordon type situation next year if they don't cave to his demands.

If he does he will be gone. But doubtful we get a Leveon Bell or Gordon issue with him unless he picks his numbers up. Right now, he doesnt have any leverage. Even if he did, Mike would not cave and he would be gone.

Quote:3.I don't complain about player retention that much.  Fact is, Mixon is a one year wonder until he proves otherwise.  Everybody thought Jeremy Hill was the second coming of Corey Dillon for a minute.  You going to give Lawson a fat extension based off his rookie year?  I don't have an issue giving a guy what they're worth, but breaking the bank for a guy who had a good year last year and sucks this year isn't that.

Which is why everyone finds the Hart signing unbelievable. He was awarded greatly for sucking badly. I know, not quite inline with your example, but still.

Quote:4.They drafted him, didn't they?  If your drafting sucks, you address the fact that your drafting sucks.  You don't not make trades for draft picks.  That's the same logic they applied to FA.  They brought in some big names and got burned, so they just stopped trying.

This is difficult because I honestly believe the FO believes they make no mistakes. They could hit a higher success rate if they had a scouting department to dig into the important things which goes beyond opinions of reporters for draft pick considerations. As for FA, we did well when we were reviving careers in jeopardy who had chips on their shoulders and things to prove. But not well of late. Mike loved this type of FA cause he could  get great talent cheap like Pacman. But that same savings played a huge part in costing you a playoff win over the Steelers in 2015. Other than money, I don't understand MB's fear of tapping into it. But maybe money is the sole reason?

Quote:Make no mistake, I'm not calling around trying to move him, but with his poor performance this year and the reasonable chance he misses games with a prolonged holdout next year, if someone calls about him I'd entertain it.

Good running backs may be easier to find than good lineman. Mixon should focus on delivering or he will be out.

Reply/Quote
RB's are a dime a dozen Mixon is nothing special lots if flash in the pan guys at this position fun fact Jeremy Hill our former back before Mixon wasn't even at a training camp this year
Reply/Quote