• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
transactions 9/1
IR
Cam Taylor-Britt
Khalid Kareem

Signed
WR Mike Thomas

PS

S Yusuf Corker (6-0, 197), a rookie out of the University of Kentucky, had signed with the N.Y. Giants as a college free agent in May. He spent all of training camp with New York and played in each of the team's three preseason games

TE Nick Bowers (6-4, 260), a second-year player out of Penn State University, originally was a college free agent signee of Las Vegas in 2020. He spent his rookie season on the Raiders' practice squad, before playing in five games last season.

CB Marvell Tell (6-2, 198), a second-year player out of the University of Southern California, originally was a fifth-round pick of Indianapolis in 2019. He played in 13 games with one start as a rookie, recording 22 tackles and five passes defensed. He opted out of the 2020 season due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and spent the '21 campaign on the Colts' practice squad.

That should complete the PS unless they release someone. It means no room for Trayveon Williams as of now

more expected transactions are Bates activation and Allen re-signing. And someone is going home still

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 12:43 PM)pally Wrote: IR
Cam Taylor-Britt
Khalid Kareem

Signed
WR Mike Thomas

PS

S Yusuf Corker (6-0, 197), a rookie out of the University of Kentucky, had signed with the N.Y. Giants as a college free agent in May. He spent all of training camp with New York and played in each of the team's three preseason games

TE Nick Bowers (6-4, 260), a second-year player out of Penn State University, originally was a college free agent signee of Las Vegas in 2020. He spent his rookie season on the Raiders' practice squad, before playing in five games last season.

CB Marvell Tell (6-2, 198), a second-year player out of the University of Southern California, originally was a fifth-round pick of Indianapolis in 2019. He played in 13 games with one start as a rookie, recording 22 tackles and five passes defensed. He opted out of the 2020 season due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and spent the '21 campaign on the Colts' practice squad.

That should complete the PS  unless they release someone.  It means no room for Trayveon Williams as of now

more expected transactions are Bates activation and Allen re-signing. And someone is going home still

I wonder why Williams would make the initial 53 and then not even make the practice squad. That seems odd to me. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 12:57 PM)jj22 Wrote: I wonder why Williams would make the initial 53 and then not even make the practice squad. That seems odd to me. 

PS is completely fluid can be changed any time
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 12:57 PM)jj22 Wrote: I wonder why Williams would make the initial 53 and then not even make the practice squad. That seems odd to me. 

He has to pass through waivers. Think we will find out after 4pm
Reply/Quote
I have to think Wilcox will be the next IR followed by Allen being resigned.
Reply/Quote

My guess is another Mike Thomas or Allen agreement, but who knows anymore. 
Reply/Quote

I thought maybe they were trying to hide Williams then place him on PS but I noticed they kept Shelvin over another RB.  My guess is that someone like Carman is getting cut unexpectedly from the 53 and Williams will be added later.  Getting Max Scharping was a pleasant surprise.  I remember Corker as a decent prospect as well.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 01:12 PM)phil413 Wrote: My guess is another Mike Thomas or Allen agreement, but who knows anymore. 

Williams has to go through waivers...no handshake deal

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 01:13 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I thought maybe they were trying to hide Williams then place him on PS but I noticed they kept Shelvin over another RB.  My guess is that someone like Carman is getting cut unexpectedly from the 53 and Williams will be added later.  Getting Max Scharping was a pleasant surprise.  I remember Corker as a decent prospect as well.  

I’d rather keep Carman as a backup at the very least over some of the other guys. He’s got the potential to play T or G spots. At least let him heal up and compete next year as a 2nd round pick.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 01:24 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I’d rather keep Carman as a backup at the very least over some of the other guys. He’s got the potential to play T or G spots. At least let him heal up and compete next year as a 2nd round pick.

Same, cut Adeniji if you are going to cut an O-lineman. Or Prince who played terrible this Preseason and is banged up.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 01:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same, cut Adeniji if you are going to cut an O-lineman. Or Prince who played terrible this Preseason and is banged up.

Adeniji saved his spot with his play at Tackle.

Williams should at least be on the practice squad over Shelvin. 

But if they aren't interested in keeping Williams around, the move to keep him on the initial 53 seems unnecessary. Especially (not to beat a dead horse) if we could have kept Pryor for that extra day and "hid" him.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 05:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: Adeniji saved his spot with his play at Tackle.

Williams should at least be on the practice squad over Shelvin. 

But if they aren't interested in keeping Williams around, the move to keep him on the initial 53 seems unnecessary. Especially (not to beat a dead horse) if we could have kept Pryor for that extra day and "hid" him.

I think, even though they put in the claims, that they were caught off guard when they actually got 3 players on waivers.  3 players who HAVE to be on the roster week 1.  That necessitated even more roster engineering than was already planned. 4th RB was always going to be expendable as would be the 7th WR.  They would have been lucky to be on game day active at any point during the season as it was.

Williams very well may still land on the PS.  He had to clear waivers first.  We will find out tomorrow or the next day.  They just have to remove someone first. Don't forget that last season Drue Chrisman was added and subtracted from the PS at least 6 times during the season. 

There is still at least 1 roster exchange to go with someone going on IR and Brandon Allen returning. I would have thought that move would have happened today but maybe they are giving the injured guys as much time as possible to heal before deciding who will be out for a month. If there is more than one to move to IR then Williams could be added to the 53 again.  It's all-position roster-building chess playing out right now.  Which injured player will hurt the least if they miss a month? Bates needs to be activated too but the roster is at 53 so no corresponding move needs to be made there.

Reply/Quote