Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
transcript redactions from Orlando shooting
The DOJ released the official transcripts of between the shooter Omar Whatever and the police. However any specific reference to ISIS/ISIL and anyone within that Islamic extremist organization was omitted. The omissions are coming under fire by the Florida Governor and Speaker Paul Ryan. If I remember right didn't President B. Hussein Obama once say he wanted transparency with the government. After almost 8 years in, I guess transparency is only when it falls with the administration's rhetoric, especially for the war on (Islamic) terror? I mean its one thing to never say the words Jihadist or Islamic extremist/terrorist, but to actually censor ISIS and specific ISIS people from the call in the worst mass shooting in U.S. history to date, gotta smh on that one.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/25/obamas-cleansing-of-islamic-terms-suppresses-commo/
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/orlando-nightclub-massacre/fbi-releases-transcripts-911-calls-orlando-massacre-n595626
or just go to google to find more
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I'm more inclined to say everything needs to be public, BUT there aren't many better ways to handle it.

ISIS grows and continues to exist because people are scared of them. People are scared of them because of their actions. You take away that, you take away some of their strength. If we're not going to use our intelligence agencies to combat them and if our lawmakers are going to ham string our military so that it's ineffective at fighting them, then taking away their ability to scare people is about all that's left.
(06-20-2016, 01:47 PM)Benton Wrote: I'm more inclined to say everything needs to be public, BUT there aren't many better ways to handle it.

(omitted) grows and continues to exist because people are scared of them. People are scared of them because of their actions. You take away that, you take away some of their strength. If we're not going to use our intelligence agencies to combat them and if our lawmakers are going to ham string our military so that it's ineffective at fighting them, then taking away their ability to scare people is about all that's left.

Fixed it for ya.  Tongue

This is a complete joke.

Obama and justice department are just worthless.

They should let us hear the tapes. They won't because they don't want us to hear Arabic.
Could be a set up of some kind.

Five years from now our government can say "Religious Fanatics" rather than "Islamic Terrorist" and people will start to see all religion as the enemy.

Ninja
(06-20-2016, 04:47 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This is a complete joke.  

They should let us hear the tapes.   They won't because they don't want us to hear Arabic.

everyone knows he was muslim and what not

i dont think the government is scared of us hearing arabic dude
People suck
So much for this, the FBI caved in, they just released the full transcript http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/20/us/orlando-nightclub-shooting/index.html . Carry on.

(06-20-2016, 04:47 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This is a complete joke.  

They should let us hear the tapes.   They won't because they don't want us to hear Arabic.

So your answer would be to give anyone willing to commit a violent act free access to spread their message?
(06-20-2016, 06:26 PM)Benton Wrote: So your answer would be to give anyone willing to commit a violent act free access to spread their message?

No but a reminder of who is responsible and why is great for every American to hear.    Instead of the CAIR talking points.   

Islam is the problem.  Both radicals and moderates.
(06-20-2016, 06:05 PM)Millhouse Wrote: So much for this, the FBI caved in, they just released the full transcript http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/20/us/orlando-nightclub-shooting/index.html . Carry on.

Shit!!! Now ISIS is really going to be dangerous. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-20-2016, 07:45 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No but a reminder of who is responsible and why is great for every American to hear.    Instead of the CAIR talking points.   

Islam is the problem.  Both radicals and moderates.

So your answer would be to give anyone willing to commit a violent act free access to remind people they need to be scared? Which is what terrorism is,  using violence or the threat of violence to intimidate for personal or political gain.
(06-20-2016, 08:02 PM)Benton Wrote: So your answer would be to give anyone willing to commit a violent act free access to remind people they need to be scared? Which is what terrorism is,  using violence or the threat of violence to intimidate for personal or political gain.
So you think folks are more filled with terror when they know exactly who and what caused a terrorist attack than they  would be if they didn't know why the terrorist act occurred? 

(06-20-2016, 08:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you think folks are more filled with terror when they know exactly who and what caused a terrorist attack than they  would be if they didn't know why the terrorist act occurred? 

I think the act and the reason are more of the issue than the name of the group. Which could change at any time. We've been fighting the same acts and reasons for decades, regardless of whether we call them ISIS, al-Qaeda, Hamas, Al-Shabaab, Al-Nursa, Hezbollah.
(06-20-2016, 07:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Shit!!! Now ISIS is really going to be dangerous. 

Dammit bfine !
Don't say their name !
You're only adding fuel to the fire.
Tongue
(06-20-2016, 08:15 PM)Benton Wrote: I think the act and the reason are more of the issue than the name of the group. Which could change at any time. We've been fighting the same acts and reasons for decades, regardless of whether we call them ISIS, al-Qaeda, Hamas, Al-Shabaab, Al-Nursa, Hezbollah.

So, we can sum them all up with a simple phrase, Radical Islamic Terrorists, right?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-20-2016, 08:15 PM)Benton Wrote: I think the act and the reason are more of the issue than the name of the group. Which could change at any time. We've been fighting the same acts and reasons for decades, regardless of whether we call them ISIS, al-Qaeda, Hamas, Al-Shabaab, Al-Nursa, Hezbollah.

Did you not read the question?

So anyway, when does the freedom of information act, or the 1st Amendment call for "executive buffering"?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-20-2016, 08:16 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Dammit bfine !
Don't say their name !
You're only adding fuel to the fire.
Tongue

I think we are OK; as I didn't say ISIS and radical Islam in the same sentence.........

Damn it.  Run for the hills.

(06-20-2016, 08:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did you not read the question?

Sorry, figured you could read between those lines.

Yes, they are, to answer your question.

If most people hear there's a radical Muslim in their neighborhood, they'll make an ignorant joke about "aren't they all?". If they hear there's al-Qaeda or ISIS, they'll react more seriously.

Wait... I can guess you're going to disagree.

Try it this way.

Dukhtaran-e-Millat
al-Qaeda
ASA
Ansar Bait al-Maqdis
ETA
Nabil Abou-Harb

Al-Shabaabal

Without Googling, which ones are terrorist groups? Which ones succeeded in making you know them instead of the other radical muslims?
People should know who is the problem and why they are doing what they are doing. Just calling it terror or work place violence is letting Islam off the hook.