Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
transcript redactions from Orlando shooting
(06-22-2016, 01:09 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When the FBI knew he was an issue and didn't keep tabs on him.   

I don't want to stop all Muslim immigration to the country.  I just want the top people

But he wasn't an immigrant.  Why are you bothering to bring up immigration reform when American citizens are allying themselves with ultra-conservative ideals (be they Muslim, or otherwise) and taking it upon themselves to execute people?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-22-2016, 01:15 AM)Nately120 Wrote: But he wasn't an immigrant.  Why are you bothering to bring up immigration reform when American citizens are allying themselves with ultra-conservative ideals (be they Muslim, or otherwise) and taking it upon themselves to execute people?

That guy wasn't American.    He may have been born here but it seems his heart was in the Middle East.   

Had the FBI stayed on him then maybe this doesn't happen.  
(06-22-2016, 01:18 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: That guy wasn't American.    He may have been born here but it seems his heart was in the Middle East.   

Had the FBI stayed on him then maybe this doesn't happen.  

So what you are saying is that we need to monitor, arrest, or deport (to where, I have no idea) people who are American citizens, but show what we deem to be clear interest in foreign counties/groups?

Again, this isn't about immigration.  Aren't you one of the people who believes Obama and the lefties have done a lot to turn American citizens into Middle East-sympathizers without ever having to actually leave the country?

And how does the FBI stop this guy? Denying him the right to own firearms legally? That's a laugh because we know that doesn't work. What do we do? Tell a guy who thinks Islam is great that he needs to go to Gitmo until he embraces Jesus? Tell him if he likes the Middle East so much he can either move there or be put to death?
We certainly can't have the FBI "stalk" this guy. That would be improper according to our resident beard *****.
(06-21-2016, 01:23 PM)Benton Wrote: https://www.texastribune.org/2016/06/12/patrick-criticized-tweet-after-orlando-shooting/

Well, there's that guy. Thankfully, those comments are few. Not so much because people aren't thinking those thoughts, but because in the internet age you get called out on it fairly quickly and publicly. And, for politicians, it lingers.

And no, the Texas LT Gov didn't have any part in the shooting. But if we're talking about having Christians stand up and foster a Christian world, then saying 'you will be held accountable for choices I disagree with' is not the way to do it.

Ummmm, did you even read that article (or my post)? He was not celebrating the shooting. 

(06-21-2016, 01:24 PM)Griever Wrote: i guess we can just ignore the "2nd rate citizen" treatment that they have been given for a while now...that doesn't help you out in this case

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/california-pastor-celebrates-massacre-orlando-gay-club-article-1.2673335

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/god-will-finish-the-job-texas-pastor-prays-for-injured-orlando-survivors-to-die/

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2016/06/12/christian-pastor-celebrates-night
Looks like someone doesn't understand what the word 'like' means when I said radicals "LIKE" Westboro Baptist Church. So, great, you found 3 more assholes LIKE the WBC that don't represent mainstream Christianity.
Which group do you suppose has more people celebrating the shooting? Christians or Muslims?
http://www.allenbwest.com/matt-palumbo/sick-this-is-how-the-muslim-world-is-responding-to-orlando-massacre
Quote:The Daily Mail reports: Turkish newspaper with links to the country’s president has published a homophobic headline calling those who died in the Orlando mass shooting ‘perverts’ and ‘deviants’. Yeni Akit, a right-wing newspaper which has supported the likes of Al-Qaeda in the past, broke news of the attack with the headline: ‘Death toll rises to 50 in bar where perverted homosexuals go!’ The headline has caused a backlash online, where it has been suggested that the exclamation mark indicates that the paper is celebrating the attack, rather than condemning it.

And that’s just the media. Celebrations of the attack could be found all over the comments section of Al Jazeera’s Arabic-language Facebook page. The Daily Caller writes that: The comments were first pointed out by Iraqi-born human rights activist Faisal Saeed Al Mutar, who tweeted: “Go to Al Jazeera Arabic Facebook page and read the comments about the #Orlando attacks and you will see 1000s of people celebrating. #qatar.”

Pakistani-Canadian writer Ali Rizvi quickly followed up with a screenshot of the top comments on an Al Jazeera video about the Orlando attack. Rizvi included the caption: “Thousands at @AlJazeera Arabic FB page celebrating #Orlando attacks.”
[Image: giphy.gif]
(06-22-2016, 11:20 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Ummmm, did you even read that article (or my post)? He was not celebrating the shooting. 

Looks like someone doesn't understand what the word 'like' means when I said radicals "LIKE" Westboro Baptist Church. So, great, you found 3 more assholes LIKE the WBC that don't represent mainstream Christianity.
Which group do you suppose has more people celebrating the shooting? Christians or Muslims?
http://www.allenbwest.com/matt-palumbo/sick-this-is-how-the-muslim-world-is-responding-to-orlando-massacre

radical groups like westboro

i didnt post groups, i posted individuals
People suck
(06-22-2016, 11:35 AM)Griever Wrote: radical groups like westboro

i didnt post groups, i posted individuals

Rolleyes SIGH.

Fine, "radical groups AND individuals like Westboro" is what I meant. Still doesn't change my point.
(06-22-2016, 11:20 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Ummmm, did you even read that article (or my post)? He was not celebrating the shooting. 

Quote:And why aren't there more shootings and mass homicides of gays if Christians and Republicans have created this horribly hostile environment towards the gay community?

Ummmm, you had two points. I was responding to the second.

Telling people the 49 dead got what was coming to them sounds like he's down with a hostile environment towards the gay community.
(06-22-2016, 12:45 PM)Benton Wrote: Ummmm, you had two points. I was responding to the second.

Telling people the 49 dead got what was coming to them sounds like he's down with a hostile environment towards the gay community.

and that environment was created by who?
People suck
(06-22-2016, 01:18 PM)Griever Wrote: and that environment was created by who?

Homophobics.
(06-22-2016, 01:22 AM)Nately120 Wrote: So what you are saying is that we need to monitor, arrest, or deport (to where, I have no idea) people who are American citizens, but show what we deem to be clear interest in foreign counties/groups?

Again, this isn't about immigration.  Aren't you one of the people who believes Obama and the lefties have done a lot to turn American citizens into Middle East-sympathizers without ever having to actually leave the country?

And how does the FBI stop this guy?  Denying him the right to own firearms legally?  That's a laugh because we know that doesn't work.  What do we do?  Tell a guy who thinks Islam is great that he needs to go to Gitmo until he embraces Jesus?  Tell him if he likes the Middle East so much he can either move there or be put to death?

Feel free to leave out the sensationalism next go .  

The FBI failed here.   Quite certain they can keep tabs on anyone they want.  
(06-22-2016, 01:51 PM)Benton Wrote: Homophobics.

winner winner

chicken dinner
People suck
(06-21-2016, 11:08 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: Moderate muslims in America by and large follow U.S laws and the second generation is as American as most others.  A couple nutcases don't mean the whole group is bad.  And the discussion earlier was about reforming all of Islam , which is nothing more than a fantasy for reasons I previously noted. And this is quite dangerous.

I stand by my previous points.  At this point I am done with this cyclical flow of arguments.

This isn't the case.

Second generation Muslims in the west are actually more likely to be radicalized than their parents.

I'm at the office, but I can cite this when I get home.
(06-22-2016, 01:51 PM)Benton Wrote: Homophobics.

You're deflecting hard here.

Homophobia is rooted in religion, specifically the Abrahamic religions (Christanity, Judaidm, and Islam.)

There's a reason that ancient civilizations were more open with homosexuality until these three religions took power.
(06-22-2016, 05:37 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: You're deflecting hard here.

Homophobia is rooted in religion, specifically the Abrahamic religions (Christanity, Judaidm, and Islam.)

There's a reason that ancient civilizations were more open with homosexuality until these three religions took power.
All homophobics fear homosexuals; some homophobics are Christians; not all Christians are homophobics.
(06-22-2016, 05:48 PM)Benton Wrote: All homophobics fear homosexuals; some homophobics are Christians; not all Christians are homophobics.

I'm not arguing any kind of conditional logic here. I'm arguing causality.

It doesn't matter if not all X are Y. What matters is that X caused Y, and therefore, you can't deflect its role in creating Y by saying Y alone caused Z when X caused Y.
(06-22-2016, 02:11 PM)Griever Wrote: winner winner

chicken dinner

Again, that still doesn't make someone kill unless their brain is wired wrong. It's a cheap, easy cop out. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(06-23-2016, 01:29 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Again, that still doesn't make someone kill unless their brain is wired wrong. It's a cheap, easy cop out. 

some just need the slightest push to do something terrible

but mental health is a big issue here and something that needs to be fixed because the majority of these shootings stem from something off in the brain that causes them to snap
People suck
(06-22-2016, 12:45 PM)Benton Wrote: Ummmm, you had two points. I was responding to the second.

Yes, except that's not what he was saying at all. Assuming he's not lying, it had nothing to do the Orlando shooting at all.
(06-23-2016, 01:29 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Again, that still doesn't make someone kill unless their brain is wired wrong. It's a cheap, easy cop out. 

Winner winner 

Chicken dinner

[Image: animated-stinker.gif]